Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Cool Ranch Zorb » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 pm

despite the dumb as hell name

Cool Ranch Zorb

Postby Spoons » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:29 am

PBR_Streetgang wrote:Image

https://jryanhalpenny.bandcamp.com/album/end-hiss

Some more sleepy, noisy songs about insomnia, anxiety & Vaughn Bodē's ghost.

digging this
bongo wrote:spoons pounds

Spoons

Postby drudge » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:47 am

perhaps at some point i was an energy vampire

drudge

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:00 pm

Here's a track I spent most of the day tracking and mixing. Coming up with vocals is always the most difficult part of songwriting for me (mostly because I'm horribly self-conscious about belting it when my my roommates are home), but I'm pretty satisfied with how they turned out on this one

riyl: really peaceful synth music in the vein of the Blue Nile and Talk Talk

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:45 pm

dusky wrote:

and i remixed my own track like a cool d00d

Good jungle beats on these! I especially like the remix. I could definitely see myself raving up to this

sudokuthug, that album feels like a cross between a 16-bit street fighting game and witch house. Cool stuff!

Great mini mix and art (as always), drudge! If you could point me towards mixes in a similar vein I'd really appreciate it. I'm always on the lookout for tunes like these

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby drudge » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:32 pm

Milquetoaster Strudels wrote:Great mini mix and art (as always), drudge! If you could point me towards mixes in a similar vein I'd really appreciate it. I'm always on the lookout for tunes like these

thanks! only know of a few off hand but i dig both of these:

also these two which are more like originals by the artist mixed together as a release:

drudge

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:49 pm

Thanks! These are great

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:05 pm

Here's another synth pop track I've been working on:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tBTgFtXs2ZNm4f_fPdaSRDnZ-XgqLYu0/view?usp=drivesdk

Gonna send this and Warm Embrace over to a friend for mixing pretty soon here. I'd appreciate any feedback or production tips from y'all. I'm still pretty green when it comes to the more in the weeds aspects of producing.

Once I've recorded enough songs for an album I'll have some more technically skilled friends track live drums and other instrumental flourishes to round them out

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby becky » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:30 am

here's one I wrapped yesterday, give or take some mixing edits I might make. channeling madchester or something, idk

becky

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:35 am

blocked the bandcamp stats page in my browser, for my own mental well-being :oops:
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby PBR_Streetgang » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:26 pm

FWIW I gave your last record a couple listens.

PBR_Streetgang

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:29 pm

:)

yeah that wasn't meant as a fish or anything, i just realized how much thinking of my stuff IN THAT WAY was bugging me, but i still weirdly have the compulsion to check it, at least shortly after putting something out.
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby dusky » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:33 pm

Milquetoaster Strudels wrote:Here's another synth pop track I've been working on:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tBTgFtXs2ZNm4f_fPdaSRDnZ-XgqLYu0/view?usp=drivesdk

Gonna send this and Warm Embrace over to a friend for mixing pretty soon here. I'd appreciate any feedback or production tips from y'all. I'm still pretty green when it comes to the more in the weeds aspects of producing.

Once I've recorded enough songs for an album I'll have some more technically skilled friends track live drums and other instrumental flourishes to round them out

super sick! love, love, love the synths on this. i guess if i had to fish for one minor critique it would be something that i constantly abuse, and that's maybe tone down the verb a bit. particularly the kick around 3:30. maybe cut the reflect a bit. or just bring a few things forward and leave some others back. but like, you might be going for that sound so i dunno, only something to consider. really liking your output, though-- looking forward to a full length!

dusky

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I was planning on dialing back the reverb a bit since it sounds too muddled on stereo speakers, so I really appreciate the nuanced critique

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:blocked the bandcamp stats page in my browser, for my own mental well-being :oops:

This is too real. I should probably do the same

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby Autarch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:23 pm

becky wrote:

here's one I wrapped yesterday, give or take some mixing edits I might make. channeling madchester or something, idk

i really like this a lot. it's sick. the guitar is so sick. It's just a very good track, imo, and i'm putting it on repeat.

Autarch

Postby dusky » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:12 pm

Milquetoaster Strudels wrote:Thanks for the feedback! I was planning on dialing back the reverb a bit since it sounds too muddled on stereo speakers, so I really appreciate the nuanced critique

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:blocked the bandcamp stats page in my browser, for my own mental well-being :oops:

This is too real. I should probably do the same

i really wish there was a way to hide play counts (..from yourself) on soundcloud as well

dusky

Postby Wilderness » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:07 pm

nice tunes, everyone. Strudels, the vox on your new track are cool.

new dumb jam

Wilderness

Postby Autarch » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:46 pm

Dad: The Boarder wrote:One of the coolest things that ever happens to me as a songwriter, is when another musician wants to cover and record one of my songs. It's happened 9 times over the years. This is the first one:
https://soundcloud.com/poptodd/becky-ro ... dd-covered

this is sweet. it's a really nice song, and they did a great job with it.

Autarch

Postby acidity regulator » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:09 pm

they're letting us play a cool gig with some goth af brainchildren :rixx:
ImageImageImage

acidity regulator
Site Admin

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Wilderness wrote:nice tunes, everyone. Strudels, the vox on your new track are cool.

new dumb jam

Thanks! I'm digging this song, especially the drums and the stereo mix

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby future rhombus » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:32 pm

Last edited by future rhombus on Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

future rhombus

Postby future rhombus » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:34 pm

Sorry, this is a private track so I can't embed.

https://soundcloud.com/virtual_ist/oxygen/s-Tbht4
Last edited by future rhombus on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

future rhombus

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:18 am

Here's a balearidelica(?) track I spent most of the day working on. It's somewhere between cruising on a space yacht or a sea yacht (or how I spent my summer vacation on Risa)

Island Mirage

I'll put it up on Soundcloud shortly, just wanna make a few more tweaks first

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby wuk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:23 pm

friend of mine did a remix and I updated the vocals to this old track of mine about the parking dibs situation in chicago
old version was very laid back rap tune, this one is like a boogie/disco steppin' kind of tune

wuk

Postby drudge » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:02 pm

released a friend's song!

drudge

Postby animefilm » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:55 pm

PBR_Streetgang wrote:Image

https://jryanhalpenny.bandcamp.com/album/end-hiss

Some more sleepy, noisy songs about insomnia, anxiety & Vaughn Bodē's ghost.

This is very good

animefilm

Postby DARTH BROOKS » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:42 pm

I knew that we'd become one...right away

DARTH BROOKS

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:18 am

PBR that album is good.

Darth Brooks also good but i had big headphones on and clicked on it at 1 am and it kinda scared me lol :)

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 am

nm
Last edited by Rainbow Battle Kid on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby dusky » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:58 pm

dusky

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....