Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Canadian Todd (for Canadians) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:38 pm

goldsoundz wrote:i think the lakeview one is probably the best of the three when it comes to dvd/blu selection

there's also a record store in hyde park that i forget the name of that has some sneaky good stuff. they had a bunch of used criterion blurays for like 10 bucks each last time i was there

Sick thank you for the rec. wish I lived here. It’s dope and the lgbtq situation is really good and I got hit on by so many cute boys which boosted my ego and my ever expanding waste line
As a reader of historical naval fiction,

https://www.patreon.com/agoodboy

Canadian Todd (for Canadians)

Postby Canadian Todd (for Canadians) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:43 pm

Also, the film culture is great here

Postby Canadian Todd (for Canadians) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:49 pm

Where can I get weed in Chicago. Help me please

Postby tgk » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:56 pm

You came like 7 weeks too early lol it'll be sold in stores come January

tgk

Postby domesticwhite » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:22 pm

viachicago wrote:
Canadian Todd (for Canadians) wrote:Everyone I talked to in wicker park last night worked "in media" and I don't know what that means.

You can safely translate that to marketing. Which sounds about right for wicker Park circa 2019

seconding this as someone who works in wicker park in media (creative design/art gallery) lol

domesticwhite

Postby galactagogue » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:53 pm

Did a night walk around Ping Tom Park today with the dog and came home pretty bummed about the signs of activity on the development lot just north of it :( can't wait for a hideous 950 ft high rise to ruin one of the most perfect public vistas in Chicago.

look at their fucking bullshit website. the fact that they're marketing this as if they're adding a new community to Chicago as opposed to just robbing an existing one is so fucking shameless. I am sad.

Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby galactagogue » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:56 pm

https://vimeo.com/328015502 this developer promo video almost seems like a fucking parody.
Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby kirito » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:46 am

Canadian Todd (for Canadians) wrote:Where can I get weed in Chicago. Help me please

literally any public park

kirito

Postby naturemorte » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:39 am

kirito wrote:
Canadian Todd (for Canadians) wrote:Where can I get weed in Chicago. Help me please

literally any public park

also that video store upthread, from what i’ve heard
chad wrote:"How can I make this about me and also congratulate myself in some way" - basically every hipinion bro

naturemorte

Postby naturemorte » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:40 am

hey does anyone want to go to karaoke underground at crown liquors next wednesday 11/13? gonna get drunk and sing some silkworm songs with the other dead-enders
chad wrote:"How can I make this about me and also congratulate myself in some way" - basically every hipinion bro

naturemorte

Postby Autarch » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:16 am

ah fuck, what silkworm songs? i know the lyrics to most of Lifestyle

Autarch

Postby naturemorte » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:34 am

naturemorte

Postby tgk » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:45 am

Oh man they've got converges homewrecker on there lol

tgk

Postby tgk » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:20 pm

Just saw this Bob Odenkirk tribute to chicago winter from an old chicago magazine article

The cold in winter. It’s the worst, huh? I mean, Canadians might think it’s nice, but what do they know? Their frontal lobes have been freeze-dried by the Arctic wind.

God, it’s cold in Chicago in February. March too. April can hurt your feelings as well. Seriously, it’s weather that can hurt your feelings! Like, my heart wants to believe in spring, but this wind is telling me, “Quit yer dreamin’, spring’s a phantasm, you fool!”

Winter in Chicago can just be a mean, mean honesty. Cruel, low-down—a brittle, impossible wall of metaphysical truth encircling you and pounding away. And at night it’s worse, if you’ve got to take the garbage out, or head home from your crap job at midnight (I wasn’t always in show biz) or after breaking up with someone and riding your bike to your lonely apartment at 2 a.m. over 15 inches of craggy, frozen snow that crunches with that dry, chalk-on-chalkboard squerk that makes your spine shake its fists at your brain (and yeah, I used to ride my bike around Chicago even in February, even at 2 a.m., ’cause I’m tough—I didn’t always live in Los Angeles) … Wait, where was I?

It is a cold that makes you feel MORE ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE.

It’s a personal insult from life itself.

It’s a remnant of the big bang—you can almost hear its echo.

It is a cold that is unjustifiable and yet …

It may be the sand that makes the pearl, as they say in the tropics, where it’s always gentle and warm and they have time to muse on other people’s pain.

Perhaps so many funny people come from Chicago because it’s so cold and there’s nowhere to hide from it and it makes you hate your ancestors for STOPPING in this city and putting up their tents and then, when that first winter hit, NOT taking their tents down and skedaddling like they should’ve! So they stayed, and they got their asses whupped every winter, and they barely made it through—lost a few babies and a couple oldsters and stuck it out! Tough bastards. And then this toughness mutates inside you and makes you scrunch up your face, and it makes you harrumph at the naive idealism of the easygoing Southwesterners, or scowl at the braggadocio of New Yorkers, who claim to have winter but only have a fairly gentle snow-globe week or two as they wander around with big shopping bags and rotten old chestnuts full of worms. They don’t know what goes on! They know nothing of winter! You, meanwhile, now have a scrunchy face, a scowl, and a harrumph for the world. You’re a riot!

So that’s why I love the winter cold, because it seeds our skepticism and doubt and makes us shake our heads at the impossible joke of life on Earth, in Chicago, in winter.

tgk

Postby galactagogue » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:23 pm

galactagogue

Postby naturemorte » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:25 pm

naturemorte

Postby galactagogue » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:39 pm

:D

galactagogue

Postby domesticwhite » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:55 pm

anyone hitting mount eerie at thalia in a couple of weeks?

domesticwhite

Postby brentwurst » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:41 pm

are people still going to caterina barbieri on monday

brentwurst

Postby galactagogue » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:59 pm

yes.

galactagogue

Postby quinine » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:15 pm

me too
Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself

quinine
ok

Postby Autarch » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:31 pm

yeah probably going to that

Autarch

Postby tgk » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:47 pm

Thank fucking god that pot stores are opening up in a few weeks this goddamn state is gonna need it if this polar vortex shit becomes a regular occurrence for the next four months and we have to deal with the 2020 primaries esp the cook county state's attorney race which will be a total relitigation of the jussie smollett shit.

tgk

Postby galactagogue » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:57 pm

brentwurst wrote:are people still going to caterina barbieri on monday
Autarch wrote:yeah probably going to that
quinine wrote:me too

sup boysss

galactagogue

Postby tgk » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:14 pm

That's gonna be at the Chicago cultural center? What a sick venue to do that

tgk

Postby galactagogue » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:29 pm

this was extremely cool and it was funny surprise that i won the raffel haha

i highly rec checking out the next part of the Ismo series to any one else in this thread.

galactagogue

Postby brentwurst » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:58 am

ughh I've had a sinus infection for two weeks and the congestion won't fucking die, I might not make the caterina show tonight

let's make plans to hang out soon, my hpn besties

brentwurst

Postby galactagogue » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:46 am

brenton noooo :((

galactagogue

Postby razzle » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:26 pm

Be careful on library returns still. Now it just seems like they moved up the timeline so you'll have to pay for a replacement faster. Knew it was too good to be true. Maybe im just being greedy with my current rentals though ha
At least we have Hamilton

razzle
ok

Postby brentwurst » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:41 pm

galactagogue wrote:brenton noooo :((

I'm going to see how I feel after work.

brentwurst

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....