Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby galactagogue » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:11 pm

you guys are making me hungry.
Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby kirito » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:14 pm

seriously i want to go to l'patron so bad right now

kirito

Postby domesticwhite » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:25 pm

kirito wrote:seriously i want to go to l'patron so bad right now

what if u did

domesticwhite

Postby razzle » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:18 pm

any reccos for food near landmark century/diversey? like duke of perth and gundis but have been there before. 5411 is dece but obviously it's everywhere now. looking to try something new
At least we have Hamilton

razzle
ok

Postby Slaps » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:32 pm

razzle wrote:any reccos for food near landmark century/diversey? like duke of perth and gundis but have been there before. 5411 is dece but obviously it's everywhere now. looking to try something new

Bluebird has good if heavy sandwiches for something cheap and quick. D Cuisine is probably the best north side dim sum I've had. Ali Baba Doner is the best Doner in the city and the guy who runs it is incredibly nice but also Doner is kind of an unremarkable food. MFK is really good but is definitely a price level up.
Slaps

Postby Slaps » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Half Shell is also worth a trip once for the old time chicago vibe and in a c/d-level city Dryhop would be considered a destination.
Slaps

Postby goldsoundz » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:20 pm

bunch of good places on broadway there. crisp and del seoul are favs

goldsoundz

Postby meeshpotato » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:52 pm

yeah del seoul shrimp tacos

meeshpotato

Postby razzle » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:47 pm

Yeah I havent been to del Seoul in years. Went there. Still awesome
At least we have Hamilton

razzle
ok

Postby galactagogue » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:11 am

i want to be excited about dispensaries being legal in chicago but i feel like the lightfoot is gonna fuck this up because the city is exclusively viewing this as a money making opportunity. it doesn't even seem like it's completely decriminalized, from what i've understood?

heard something on npr about evanston using revenue for weed sales as a reparations fund lol. i can't.
Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby quinine » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:45 am

well it's still illegal to grow, consume in public or a vehicle, and possess more than an oz. or something. or do you mean something else?

they've talked a lot talk about this as a sort of restorative justice thing but apparently p much everyone who showed up to apply for a permit was white business dudes. anyone with a charge for distribution on their record should be eligible for a grant to go legit imo
Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself

quinine
ok

Postby viachicago » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:16 pm

razzle wrote:any reccos for food near landmark century/diversey? like duke of perth and gundis but have been there before. 5411 is dece but obviously it's everywhere now. looking to try something new

La Crêperie rules. Old school french bistro feel. Savory crepe with a glass of Bordeaux and french onion soup is one of my favorite no frills meals in that neighborhood

And yeah If youre ok spending more, mfk is really underrated, but portions are small/more upscale

viachicago

Postby galactagogue » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:47 pm

quinine wrote:well it's still illegal to grow, consume in public or a vehicle, and possess more than an oz. or something. or do you mean something else?

they've talked a lot talk about this as a sort of restorative justice thing but apparently p much everyone who showed up to apply for a permit was white business dudes. anyone with a charge for distribution on their record should be eligible for a grant to go legit imo

i guess i was thinking about the penalties for possession. from what i read it sounds ambiguous whether you can even have it on you? i know the limit they/ve been throwing around for most things is 30g. It just seems like the amount of ways you can still be penalized for use and possession doesn't really make sense unless you literally only care about making money. Like some common charges have gone from being a misdemeanor to $50-100 fine but lol.

also yeah from what i could glean, unless they are building new locations for them, most if not nearly all the dispensaries are in the suburbs.

galactagogue

Postby viachicago » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:53 pm

My guess is cops really aren't going to care unless you're blatantly toking behind the wheel or like in front of a school or something

viachicago

Postby tgk » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Yeah on Jan 1 there's gonna be only like 7 dispensaries operating in the entire city. The whole thing is really dumb with the whole "marijuana zones" sectioning of the city as well.

tgk

Postby brentwurst » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:57 pm

i really like joints but have always been terrible at rolling them so i'm looking forward to the convenience of pre-rolls at least.

brentwurst

Postby tgk » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:02 pm

Columbia college narrowly missed being in the no weed shops zone, I suspect it'll be a godsend to their recruitment of midwestern art kids.

tgk

Postby Kuboaa » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:04 pm

quinine wrote:well it's still illegal to grow, consume in public or a vehicle, and possess more than an oz. or something. or do you mean something else?

That's pretty much what Andre Vasquez is pushing for as a fix for there being no minority owners in the initial drawing for licenses in the city, give those with an illegal selling background a chance to become a legit business

Kuboaa

Postby Kuboaa » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:07 pm

tgk wrote:Yeah on Jan 1 there's gonna be only like 7 dispensaries operating in the entire city. The whole thing is really dumb with the whole "marijuana zones" sectioning of the city as well.

Dispensary 33 in Andersonville is going to make monster cash in January, think I might wait until the 2nd to even attempt to go

Kuboaa

Postby galactagogue » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:14 pm

tgk wrote:Yeah on Jan 1 there's gonna be only like 7 dispensaries operating in the entire city. The whole thing is really dumb with the whole "marijuana zones" sectioning of the city as well.

mm i think there are 7 zones, each with 7 dispensaries and possibly 7 more per zone in May?

i've been diving into the research this am :geek:

galactagogue

Postby galactagogue » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:15 pm

brentwurst wrote:i really like joints but have always been terrible at rolling them so i'm looking forward to the convenience of pre-rolls at least.

im 1000% excited to be able to get gummies more easily, though I hope they're not like 60$ for 10 edibles.

galactagogue

Postby snuggle » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:25 pm

I’m excited to participate in this new venture. Hated buying weed illegally

snuggle

Postby tgk » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:28 pm

Kuboaa wrote:

Dispensary 33 in Andersonville is going to make monster cash in January, think I might wait until the 2nd to even attempt to go

Theres one near me at western and ogden kinda near lagunitas that's a medical dispensary that clearly anticipated legalization as it's a huge building claiming to have the most cannabis on site in all of Illinois and I suspect it will still have trouble keeping up with demand

tgk

Postby snuggle » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:30 pm

The suburbs have percentages going to mental health, taxes, police and fire. Each suburb is different. Not sure if the city is doing the same.

snuggle

Postby tgk » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:39 pm

Wisconsin doesn't even allow medical marijuana so im happy for the people of that state to have easier access to weed

tgk

Postby galactagogue » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:47 pm

snuggle wrote:The suburbs have percentages going to mental health, taxes, police and fire. Each suburb is different. Not sure if the city is doing the same.

i mean the location of the dispensaries is 'supposed' to be incidental, considering it was a lottery for limited permits. idk if there's a bunch of plans for new dispensaries to pop up, but yea i suspect supply to be an issue since i think legally you can only sell weed grown in-state?

galactagogue

Postby galactagogue » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:50 pm

i dont even smoke that much, i just would appreciate the ease of a dispensary but would be disheartened if it just becomes another luxury good i can't afford

galactagogue

Postby snuggle » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:00 pm

All suburbs have been voting on whether to have dispensaries or not, that may be why there are so many going up in the suburbs. Berwyn gets like 3 or 4 alone.

snuggle

Postby Autarch » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Ok but herb is definitely gonna be legal, right?
Sent from my Lenovo

HEY! Use my Hipinion Chrome / Firefox extension for better boarding
Paste images, tweets, youtube, instagram, and soundcloud with ctrl+shift+k (or command+shift+k)

IT EVEN WORKS ON MOBILE! Hipinion Paster on Firefox for Android

Autarch

Postby Autarch » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Are they only legalizing schwag and mids, or is loud gonna be legalized for both medicinal and recreational purposes too?
Sent from my Lenovo

HEY! Use my Hipinion Chrome / Firefox extension for better boarding
Paste images, tweets, youtube, instagram, and soundcloud with ctrl+shift+k (or command+shift+k)

IT EVEN WORKS ON MOBILE! Hipinion Paster on Firefox for Android

Autarch

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....