Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Ted Pikul » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:27 pm

I did get the WM3770 washer (and matching DLEX3700 dryer)

Basically what it came down to was it was the highest Consumer Reports rated washer Costco carried that was in my price range
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby powderfinger » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:52 pm

yeah Costco.com is still showing that as out of stock for me, even if I don't give them a location

definitely want the option for a faster wash over the 3700
Last edited by powderfinger on Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
powderfinger

Postby husbands » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:52 pm

those are the ones I have, been running strong for a couple years now
ROLL COAL
husbands

Postby Ted Pikul » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:11 pm

should I download the app for this thing or will a botnet take over my dryer
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby bluemovers » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:28 am

it's been 7 years since i posted in this thread, around the time we were buying our first house. we are officially pending on the sale of that same house, and made a super lowball offer on a house yesterday. i'm about to be stressed to the max dealing with selling/buying at the same time, and if by some miracle we get this house we made an offer on, i'm gonna be asking a lot of questions itt about repairs and renovations. this thread was incredibly helpful the first time around.
bluemovers

Postby Robo-Chachi » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:12 am

We got approved for a bridge loan yesterday. Look at our first house which was downtown just like we want and had a nice exterior, but the interior requires more work than we want to do. Thus begins the home shopping experience.

If winter ever ends, we’ve got someone lined up to paint our house so we can get this one on the market as well.

Stay strong, bluemovers!
Robo-Chachi

Postby Brain Stew » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:03 pm

I replaced the light in my kitchen
You know, signatures are pretty night bus...
Brain Stew

Postby Brain Stew » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:03 pm

I'm looking forward to buying a new dishwasher soon
Brain Stew

Postby mellowgold » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:52 pm

oh if anyone wants to know i fixed the radiator problem a plumber came and just undid the nut to the valve, added lube to it and made it super tight. i guess it was just loose -- not to the touch but when he used a wrench it was loose. good to know!
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby frito pie country » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:01 pm

can any idiot install a dishwasher in a kitchen that doesn't currently have one
frito pie country
ok

Postby tea preacher » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:09 pm

frito pie country wrote:can any idiot install a dishwasher in a kitchen that doesn't currently have one

I am an idiot and did this a few years ago.

How hard this is will depend on the electrical and plumbing situation under your sink (assuming the dishwasher will be adjacent to your sink).
you'll never hear me talk about one day getting out
tea preacher

Postby mcwop23 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:15 pm

i had a dishwasher that was plug into the wall so it was easy with the little adapter cord (like on a dryer)
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby snuggle » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:19 pm

Has anyone here ever sold (or bought I guess) a home under FHA? The buyers of our home are using FHA and I’m concerned about the FHA guidelines for the inspection. One major concern is the appraiser will make me fix any issues before closing. How strict are the appraisers?
snuggle

Postby bluemovers » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:33 pm

we bought our first home with an FHA loan but i have no idea whether the inspection guidelines were more intense. i can say that, having lived in that house for 7 years, the inspection back then couldn't have been too strict. and i don't recall the owner having to fix much at all before we moved in.
bluemovers

Postby Ted Pikul » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:35 pm

We have an FHA loan an our inspector missed that our furnace wasn't up to code so who knows really

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby snuggle » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:47 pm

Ok. They already had a proper home inspector but the FHA assessor is supposed to come out and walk through and see if there are certain issues. Will see.
snuggle

Postby mcwop23 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:49 pm

FHA can be annoying but inspectors are often dumb so

major stuff is safety/roof
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby snuggle » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:51 pm

Right, my agent says stuff like any paint peeling needs to be fixed, bare bulbs in closets, etc but could be bigger issues
snuggle

Postby bluemovers » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:40 pm

so, the inspection period for the buyer of our home ends tomorrow at midnight. the inspection itself went well - they found a few small things we were prepared for and asked us for a $2K credit at closing. we're about 29 days out from closing now, and the seller seems very solid.

meanwhile, we found a house we want very badly, but when we made an offer last weekend they didn't counter because they didn't like our contingency (the sale of our current house). even though we're at least pending, the seller of the house we like has been burned once already and just won't negotiate with us while we have this contingency. so my question is this: once our inspection period is over (so, monday), could we make another offer on this house without the contingency? it seems like there are still enough avenues out for us if the sale of our home falls through, and apparently that's all it will take to get this seller to play ball with us. and we really lowballed them on our offer, so the fact that they're willing to negotiate and not just denying us outright is a good sign. i just don't want to get us into some terrible situation where we're locked into a home we cannot possibly afford, but i don't wanna lose this house, either.
bluemovers

Postby mcwop23 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:44 pm

just go it without contingency, if it fails on your buyers end you’ll just lose earnest money

it’s a risk but if you love the house
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby bluemovers » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:46 pm

at what point do we lose the earnest money? we had a buyer flake on our house but it was only 2 days after signing so they hadn't even deposited it to the escrow account. we have $15K from the 'new' buyer of our house, and i keep wondering at what point it's 'ours' if these people flake, too.
bluemovers

Postby Robo-Chachi » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:11 pm

Just got done viewing a house where the homeowner completely destroyed the bathroom prior to our being there. Total Alpha move.
Robo-Chachi

Postby husbands » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:19 pm

Brain Stew wrote:Image

I replaced the light in my kitchen

nice light what kind is it?
ROLL COAL
husbands

Postby mcwop23 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:49 pm

bluemovers wrote:at what point do we lose the earnest money? we had a buyer flake on our house but it was only 2 days after signing so they hadn't even deposited it to the escrow account. we have $15K from the 'new' buyer of our house, and i keep wondering at what point it's 'ours' if these people flake, too.

once the inspection period ends and all sides are good that money is one the line.
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby becky » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:03 pm

snuggle wrote:Has anyone here ever sold (or bought I guess) a home under FHA? The buyers of our home are using FHA and I’m concerned about the FHA guidelines for the inspection. One major concern is the appraiser will make me fix any issues before closing. How strict are the appraisers?

we bought our first home FHA and from what I've come to understand it's a complete crapshoot.

our FHA inspector made the sellers replace one slightly soggy window and paint the ourdoor staircase leading to the back door before we closed. within five months, a plumber who came our to replace a gas valve in the basement refused to relight our pilot light because he deemed the furnace unsafe to operate. we replaced it.

we lived there just short of five years and sold it last february and the buyer's inspection was extraordinarily damning, apparently. but the buyer loved the location and house so much that they got family to help pony up money for some very necessary repairs. what were they? I will never know, because they made a good offer regardless. our realtor recommended we not even look at the inspection results and told us, I quote, "take the money and run."
becky

Postby Brain Stew » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:02 pm

husbands wrote:nice light what kind is it?

https://www.westelm.com/products/sculpt ... x=0.0.3412

I know I overpaid since it is West Elm, but it's so hard to find decent lighting that isn't from a store like Crate & Barrel. I've installed some decent IKEA and Home Depot lights, but they have limits.
Brain Stew

Postby snuggle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:23 pm

Finance guy was like for 30yr fixed you can get 4.5%...or you can do 4.625% with $421 back to you at closing. I was like what kind of shit is that? Who takes the latter
snuggle

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:51 pm

is it just $421 back to you with no closing costs or literallly just $421?
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby snuggle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:15 pm

mcwop23 wrote:is it just $421 back to you with no closing costs or literallly just $421?

$421 was all he said, like maybe the transaction fee paid back. That’s some shocking bait there from him
snuggle

Postby hbb » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Maybe he was saying 420 but halfway through he got worried you were a cop
hbb

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....