Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby snuggle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:50 pm

hbb wrote:Maybe he was saying 420 but halfway through he got worried you were a cop

It’s a shame I would’ve smoked him out for a half percentage point drop
snuggle

Postby mellowgold » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:17 pm

aaaaaah

thats all
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby bluemovers » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:37 am

so our buyer, who has basically been a perfect buyer thus far, just told her agent that she has changed her mind and is unwilling to sign the rent-back agreement we had outlined. if we hadn't found a home to buy within 30 days of our closing date, she had advised her agent and ours that she was completely willing to sign an addendum to allow us to rent back for up to 60 days. when we hit the 30 day mark, we submitted the addendum to her and she sort of stalled for a week and finally responded yesterday saying her plans had changed and she couldn't allow us to stay. so i've got less than 3 weeks to find a rental property for my wife and 2 kids that also doesn't mind that we have a 90lb. dog. super fun times.

at this point i'm almost hoping that our appraisal, which was conducted saturday, comes back lower than the purchase price so that the buyer is forced to draft a new contract to get us to lower the price, and we can leverage that to force her to sign the rent-back. though we're making $$$ on this sale so i also don't actually want to jeopardize it.
bluemovers

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:50 am

do you have a house under contract yet for yourself or no?

the dog is the hardest part of the equation there
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby bluemovers » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:40 am

no, we don't. we made two attempts on a house we wanted over the past 3 weeks, but got beat out by competing offers. inventory in the price range we're looking in seems oddly thin. if we could afford 200K more there would be a few we'd be excited about, and if we were looking in a range 100-200K lower, there'd be plenty to choose from. we're essentially watching all of the real estate aggregator sites like hawks all day long hoping something will pop up, but it's all a bit maddening.
bluemovers

Postby becky » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:39 am

we accepted an offer on our home and weren't under contract on a new place yet, so we ended up living with my dad for a few weeks in the interim. is your realtor keeping on top of stuff you guys might be interested in? The only reason we were even able to move quickly enough to not be stuck in limbo for months is because our agent knew of a house that was about to go on the market and got us in there before it went up on the aggregators. this happened like... two days after we accepted the offer on our home. we drew up an offer while we were still in the kitchen.
becky

Postby Cone » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:07 am

Is there a separate thread for lawn care/landscaping maintenance?

It finally stopped raining and was warm enough this weekend that I could actually get out and do some mowing and my front and back yards are pretty much just a mess of weeds with some dead Bermuda grass hidden underneath. The wild onions are the biggest pain in the ass because they grow so damn fast and if I pull them out they just leave a big chunk taken out of the dirt where more will inevitably grow back.
Cone

Postby brent » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:14 am

Cone wrote:Is there a separate thread for lawn care/landscaping maintenance?

It finally stopped raining and was warm enough this weekend that I could actually get out and do some mowing and my front and back yards are pretty much just a mess of weeds with some dead Bermuda grass hidden underneath. The wild onions are the biggest pain in the ass because they grow so damn fast and if I pull them out they just leave a big chunk taken out of the dirt where more will inevitably grow back.

my lawn is basically a disaster. i dunno what to do at this point as i've tried doing a "4 season" weed and feed/fertilizing system and had no results.

that said, all i really care about is that it isn't crawling with fleas and other nasty bugs. lawns are a messed up waste of water in my area!
brent

Postby bluemovers » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:32 pm

becky wrote:we accepted an offer on our home and weren't under contract on a new place yet, so we ended up living with my dad for a few weeks in the interim. is your realtor keeping on top of stuff you guys might be interested in? The only reason we were even able to move quickly enough to not be stuck in limbo for months is because our agent knew of a house that was about to go on the market and got us in there before it went up on the aggregators. this happened like... two days after we accepted the offer on our home. we drew up an offer while we were still in the kitchen.

we were in great shape when we thought we were the only interested party on this other house. we would've pulled off an incredible double closing on the same day, but after 123 days on the market somehow another offer appeared within hours of ours, and we could not match their best offer. it was devastating (this just happened last week).
bluemovers

Postby becky » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:10 pm

jesus, sorry dude :(
becky

Postby bluemovers » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:55 pm

welp, the appraisal of our home just came back at $14K lower than the contract price. so i guess the fun isn't gonna stop, but we have an opportunity here.
bluemovers

Postby Merciel » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:55 pm

Good luck, that whole thing sounds stressful as hell.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby bluemovers » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:31 am

we're waiting for the buyer's response to the low appraisal, but i think we'll have 3 choices:

1. if she says she's not willing to pay more than the appraised value, a new contract has to be written. this will give us leverage to say 'we're willing to lower the purchase price based on the appraisal, if you're willing to push the closing date to May.'
2. same situation as above, but we say 'because you are not willing to consider an extension on the closing date or a rent-back, we are not willing to accept less than the agreed upon purchase price, regardless of the appraised value'

both of those options clearly run the risk of sinking the whole deal (especially option #2), but i think right now that risk exists regardless.

3. she simply decides to cover the difference between the appraised value and the purchase price with a larger down payment, and we move forward with our plans to find a rental.
bluemovers

Postby Brain Stew » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:42 pm

I got a new dishwasher installed today and then hung a pendant light myself

Dishwasher

Light
You know, signatures are pretty night bus...
Brain Stew

Postby bluemovers » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:10 pm

she refuses 'to pay a penny more' than the appraised value, so...probably going nuclear.
bluemovers

Postby tgk » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Banks won't give you a loan to buy a house for more than its appraised right?
tgk

Postby Robo-Chachi » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:25 pm

We’re about to put an offer in on a Tudor we looked at today that is more than we planned to spend. We can only offer the asking price though, so we assume we will just get outbid anyways.

I’m old enough to remember when you bought a house by offering less than the asking price.
Robo-Chachi

Postby mcwop23 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:29 pm

bluemovers wrote:she refuses 'to pay a penny more' than the appraised value, so...probably going nuclear.

and she won’t work with you on the rent back?
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby bluemovers » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:13 pm

she will not.
bluemovers

Postby powderfinger » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:16 pm

Did it take you a long time to get an offer in the first place? Seems like you should refuse to budge and let her walk away since you aren't ready to move anyway.
powderfinger

Postby tgk » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:16 pm

do you really need to sell your house and move? i think i'm gonna just live the rest of my life in this "starter" home
tgk

Postby bluemovers » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 pm

we got an offer within 3 days of listing. that fell apart less than a day later, so the house went back up and we got this offer a week later.
bluemovers

Postby mcwop23 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:37 pm

tell her to fuck off and find a more reasonable buyer

it doesn’t look like your house will be sitting long, and it’ll give you a chance to work with someone more reasonable or give you a chance to figure out short term lodging if needed
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby mcwop23 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:40 pm

another appraiser might hit your price too
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby bluemovers » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:37 am

i completely want to tell her to fuck off. it's my gut reaction. but even at $15K lower than the purchase price we still stand to clear a lot of money from the sale, and i'm hesitant to throw that all away without at least trying to get her to come up to meet us in the middle before slamming the door.
bluemovers

Postby Robo-Chachi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:13 am

I’m curious what percentage of take-home pay everyone pays towards their mortgage. I know we all have different amounts of non-home-related debt and expenses, but my wife and I all over the place right now with determining what we would feel comfortable paying each month.

We were shown a place outside of our stated price range but really like it. Our mortgage would be 25% of our take-home. Whereas our current mortgage is about 13%. Last night we told our realtor we wanted to make an offer and by this morning we got cold feet and said we wanted to hold off.

We are both terrible at this and our realtor may hate us.
Robo-Chachi

Postby tgk » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:16 am

yeah ours is about 12% right now but we bought a cheap house 8 years ago when the market had bottomed out, i don't think it's feasible to have a truly great monthly mortgage payment anymore.
tgk

Postby jbiz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:25 am

15% here
jbiz

Postby becky » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:36 am

our mortgage payment, including our homeowners insurance and everything, is right around 20%

we bought at the very top of our price range but that was OK because we're planning on staying here for a long ass time
becky

Postby Welcome 2 Cyberspace » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:39 am

8% lol florida

and that's not combined income
Welcome 2 Cyberspace

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....