Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Ted Pikul » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:12 am

installed a light fixture this morning and the screws were so soft they stripped with basically zero effort
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Cone » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:41 am

I am the goddamn king of installing light fixtures
Cone

Postby what the schmuck » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:27 pm

man, this fucking contractor i'm dealing with is way fucking over his head. it seems like he has no clue what the fuck he is doing. he has 2 guys who came in and busted out 2 retaining walls and i went and checked on them and they look good. the owner guy comes in the next day and takes 8 hours to do 8 feet of the last one. and its fucking 3 inches into the ground and not even connected to anything and its way not level. he's got a pump truck coming on friday and i swear to god he's going to fuck it up and i'm going to be out a lot of money plus whatever it costs to fix and i'm going to be so pissed.
what the schmuck

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Tile is in...grout next

loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Merciel » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:06 pm

Every time I open this thread and see somebody else's cool DIY project I look guiltily over at the bathroom cabinet that I have yet to hang up after almost a year.

Maybe I'll give it another try this weekend.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:08 pm

if it helps this turned out to be about 700% more work than I thought it would

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Merciel » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Nah that just makes it even more impressive that you did it.

It's cool though, I'm just happy there's somebody out there who can do that stuff. Same way I feel about the amazing food people post in the awesome meals thread.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby what the schmuck » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:19 pm

i think the problem is this guy is the money man with no actual employees. he's got guys who he's worked with who know what they are doing and he gets them to come on the weekends or late night (the dude showed up at 7 pm saturday and 2 pm sunday only) cause they have other jobs. this guy literally just comes to my house and sits under a tree for 3 hours then does a little work, then does the same thing over and over until about 3 then goes home.
what the schmuck

Postby what the schmuck » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:20 pm

fuck, im going to have to fire this dude. god damnit.
what the schmuck

Postby tgk » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:20 pm

what the schmuck wrote:man, this fucking contractor i'm dealing with is way fucking over his head. it seems like he has no clue what the fuck he is doing.

classic contractor
tgk

Postby what the schmuck » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:53 pm

and fired. he basically became a baby and got real quiet. i told him everything that was wrong and he didnt say a thing. tried to get me to give him $2000 after he packed up. i said fuck you i'lll pay you the $1000 i told you id pay you today plus the sales tax you were going to try and skimp out on.

fuck angies list.
what the schmuck

Postby what the schmuck » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:22 pm

god fucking damnit i wish i could do this work. i dont trust anyone to not skimp out on shit.
what the schmuck

Postby what the schmuck » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:54 pm

Just had a contractor I found on home advisor come out and he was baffled at the work the guy did. He said the walls he put up will fall over eventually. They need to have a 16” footing with compact gravel and rebar put in them. He had....nothing. I cannot believe this guy had 22 A reviews from Angie’s list, god damnit.

Had 2 more coming out this week and hopefully some of the other people will get back with me
what the schmuck

Postby what the schmuck » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:50 am

saga continues: had another contractor come out and tell me that because my sewer line was replaced next to my house (where the porch will be) and the ground was disturbed so deep that they would need to rent a jumping jack and pound the dirt down under where the porch will go because if they dont the porch will pull away from the house over time and...with the rebar in the foundation crack the foundation.

The dude still hasn't cashed or deposited the check i gave him on Tuesday and I'm totally going to put a stop pay on it if he doesnt cash it in a week.
what the schmuck

Postby snuggle » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:17 pm

Contractors are the worst, after getting shafted almost twice (once big time) I've learned that if it's a job I can handle and can buy or rent the tools I start learning and doing. Or maybe go to your local hardware store (mom and pop if you have one) and ask if they have a recommendation for a reputable guy.

Your situation sounds god awful, sorry. Hate being at the mercy of these fucks who just want half upfront and string you along.
snuggle

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....