We'll kick your ass in

Postby mcwop23 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:53 pm

there’s no reason
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby mcwop23 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:54 pm

i mean we own a CRV and honestly i wish they just still made an accord wagon. We looked at a used cross tour but the dogs wouldn’t have fit in the back of it, a real accord wagon though would have worked
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby Kuma » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:58 pm

this absolutely isn't advice at all but i've been looking to buy a used car recently and the forester looks way cooler than an outback
Kuma

Postby wolfie » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:19 am

The Forester has a nice spacious feel thanks to the higher roof and ample glass that you don't get with the outback
אחד

"our in-toilet cameras show people are shitting all over these toilets"

wolfie

Postby warmjets » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:38 am

would love to get a new car, but i have a feeling my 2007 acura tsx is just going to run forever. It's past 210k miles right now and i haven't put any money into it in years. but it keeps humming along

warmjets

Postby pink snake » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:55 pm

Does anyone have experience buying a car in NYC? If I find one at a dealership that I want, would I be able to drive it home that day or is that totally out of the question? If I start shopping early in the morning, could I do all the insurance stuff and registration stuff and license stuff the same day? I plan on purchasing from a dealership.

pink snake

Postby powderfinger » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:09 pm

I don't know about NYC, but generally speaking a dealership will do everything in their power to get you to drive home with a car off the lot once you walk in the door.

If you know the car you want, and even better if you have the VIN, you can get an insurance quote in advance online and you should be able to activate the policy easily while you're completing the purchase. That way you can shop around and find the best rate on your own time.

powderfinger

Postby pink snake » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:04 pm

Ah thanks. That's useful info.

pink snake

Postby warmjets » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:05 pm

a friend of mine bought a car recently in brooklyn from a dealer and seemed to be exactly what powderfinger described

warmjets

Postby pink snake » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:07 pm

What cars/SUVs are good for sleeping in? The Outback seemed good with the seats folded down. I'm talking about sleeping on a flat surface with legs fully stretched out. I'm 5'11".

pink snake

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:26 pm

ford flex baby
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:26 pm

i assume you can flatten the back seats
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby powderfinger » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:37 pm

pink snake wrote:What cars/SUVs are good for sleeping in? The Outback seemed good with the seats folded down. I'm talking about sleeping on a flat surface with legs fully stretched out. I'm 5'11".

My only data point on this is that I once rented a Chevy Traverse to go camping in Colorado and was able to sleep comfortably in the back, also being 5'11". Outback might be fine but in general you'll probably be wanting to look at crossovers with a third row.

I've looked into sleeping in the back of my 4Runner and I would need to build a raised platform to get a flat surface (which is not that big of a deal - people do it), and I would only have a couple of inches to spare length-wise.

powderfinger

Postby jett » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:20 pm

I recently bought a car in Brooklyn and I just called ahead and told them I wanted to come in and test drive it and be able to drive it off the lot then and there if I liked it. I'm sure I didn't get a great deal but I wanted to make it as quick/painless as possible and it worked out ok in those respects. Was only there maybe 30 min
just keep flying man, just lemme look at the clouds some more

jett

Postby coop » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:33 pm

coop

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:40 pm

i bought a car for 32k in 2005 when that was my base salary lol
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby pink snake » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:12 pm

jett wrote:I recently bought a car in Brooklyn and I just called ahead and told them I wanted to come in and test drive it and be able to drive it off the lot then and there if I liked it. I'm sure I didn't get a great deal but I wanted to make it as quick/painless as possible and it worked out ok in those respects. Was only there maybe 30 min

Nice. What did you get?

pink snake

Postby pink snake » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:18 pm

powderfinger wrote:
pink snake wrote:What cars/SUVs are good for sleeping in? The Outback seemed good with the seats folded down. I'm talking about sleeping on a flat surface with legs fully stretched out. I'm 5'11".

My only data point on this is that I once rented a Chevy Traverse to go camping in Colorado and was able to sleep comfortably in the back, also being 5'11". Outback might be fine but in general you'll probably be wanting to look at crossovers with a third row.

I've looked into sleeping in the back of my 4Runner and I would need to build a raised platform to get a flat surface (which is not that big of a deal - people do it), and I would only have a couple of inches to spare length-wise.

Yeah, I've seen those platforms people build. Not sure I want to take that step. I guess large SUV makes the most sense. Thanks.

pink snake

Postby wolfie » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:23 pm

I bought a $31,000 car two years ago and I still feel guilty a out it every day.

It's so, so stupid unless you've got cash to blow or Really enjoy driving your car
אחד

wolfie

Postby wolfie » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:24 pm

My F150 with the double cab and flat floor could basically sleep two people across in the back seat.

God that thing was huge. Truly glorious.
אחד

wolfie

Postby jett » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:49 pm

pink snake wrote:
jett wrote:I recently bought a car in Brooklyn and I just called ahead and told them I wanted to come in and test drive it and be able to drive it off the lot then and there if I liked it. I'm sure I didn't get a great deal but I wanted to make it as quick/painless as possible and it worked out ok in those respects. Was only there maybe 30 min

Nice. What did you get?

I got a bmw x2, it’s pretty nice so far/looks cool/has awd for ski trips

jett

Postby pink snake » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:10 pm

whoa, nice wheels, jett!

pink snake

Postby powderfinger » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:22 pm

wolfie wrote:I bought a $31,000 car two years ago and I still feel guilty a out it every day.

It's so, so stupid unless you've got cash to blow or Really enjoy driving your car

The car payment for my $26k Mustang, which wasn't even that bad compared to what a lot of people spend on cars, feels like a fever dream to me now. Cutting and running with my equity and buying something cheap for cash was such a good move.

Even more than the car payment was the stress of owning something expensive that any idiot can destroy at any time.

powderfinger

Postby jett » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:22 pm

pink snake wrote:whoa, nice wheels, jett!

jett

Postby pink snake » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:44 pm

powderfinger wrote:
wolfie wrote:I bought a $31,000 car two years ago and I still feel guilty a out it every day.

The car payment for my $26k Mustang, which wasn't even that bad compared to what a lot of people spend on cars, feels like a fever dream to me now. Cutting and running with my equity and buying something cheap for cash was such a good move.

Even more than the car payment was the stress of owning something expensive that any idiot can destroy at any time.

You drive a 4Runner now?

Seriously considering buying a car from Hertz.

pink snake

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:42 pm

once this truck is paid off next year i probably will try to not have a car payment for the next decade

but at the time i was super cash poor, my debt to income sucked, and i couldn’t get financing for a used truck, and ford gave me 0% for 72 months lol
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby 31Geeeeeeee » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:52 pm

I got this a couple months ago
31Geeeeeeee

Postby pink snake » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:28 pm

Is that a Corvette? Damn dude. Nice.

pink snake

Postby 31Geeeeeeee » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:47 pm

pink snake wrote:Is that a Corvette? Damn dude. Nice.

Yup! 2005 manual

Thank you! It's a ton of fun every time I drive it
31Geeeeeeee

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:48 pm

we got this corvette in June because lady wop wanted flip lights

wendy wrote:

mcwop23

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....