make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby turquoise albino » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:08 am

gaethje is a fucking animal

turquoise albino

Postby j-ol » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:09 pm

nurm had his next two fights lined up.

i believe that's what they call a "sneaky good card" ... even the prelims had excitement, the canadian taking out brazilian mr. perfect backflip was great.

j-ol

Postby Brouhaha » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:51 pm

If they end up doing nurm-ferg, gaethje would have to wait until like march/april for next shot so I think he'll end up fighting conor/someone else first. Do both fights at the last ppv of this year and throw in edson-felder 3. If conor still isn't ready then, do dustin-justin 2
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:59 pm

gsp recently reiterated being retired, isn't in the usada pool anymore, and straight said he wouldn't defend the belt if he beat khabib, just wanted the fight for legacy reasons. they could book khabib-tony and if khabib wins, do gsp-khabib at catchweight non title in montreal, then it'd make sense
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:57 pm

:o

ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?

buriedinspace

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:20 pm

nate-jorge presser was pretty bad, it's like they let every casual and their dad in there. ariel asked some embarrassingly bad questions

dana says stipe-dc 3 is in the works
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:25 pm

mexico card looks pretty good. jeremy's been over there for a good while getting acclimated. Even did some cardio training with Tony Ferguson. I'd give him a slight edge just from having ko power but Yair definitely has a chance.

Go Irene and Alexa.
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:37 pm

Hasn't been a good month for Colby, they didn't offer him the big bucks to fight. Two of his teammates(Dustin and Jorge) are looking to throw down. And even Stipe wants to have a word with him because he heard that Colby had said something to his wife.

His Lawler fight got really low ratings. Might be time to ditch the gimmick.
Last edited by Brouhaha on Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:25 pm

Brouhaha wrote:mexico card looks pretty good. jeremy's been over there for a good while getting acclimated. Even did some cardio training with Tony Ferguson. I'd give him a slight edge just from having ko power but Yair definitely has a chance.

Go Irene and Alexa.

Yair and Alexa are both folks I'm generally rooting for because they're fun fighters and seem like cool folks. I could see Stevens winning but it's a pretty boring status quo affirming result and doesn't really get us anywhere - I'd rather see Yair get back into the top mix after his embarassment against Edgar took him down a peg for a while.

It's a good main card. I wish that the UFC didn't play the bout order game where they sprinkle name fighters into the prelims at different points and was more 'least interesting to most interesting' with some exceptions made to give the early prelims (kinda no longer a thing) and prelims a 'main event' but I've made peace with Bethe/Eubanks (a fight with two people that, regardless of skill, have been given promotional pushes in the past to the extent I know who they are and have minor investments in each) and fights with Polo Reyes, Angela Hill and Sergio Pettis, also folks I've been asked to and I guess agreed to care about before just kinda placed haphazardly through the prelims.

I want to be able to tune in an hour in, two hours in or for the 'main event of the prelims' and know that everything I missed was less important than what I'm going to see. I get where that's contrary to their interests but I no longer am that interested in investing like 6 hours in a mid-level UFC card, especially if there are 6 fights I care about, with two swing fights that I'm interested enough in I suppose, and they're airing over that full card, rather than the last 3 hours of it, which I might choose to tune in for. So, probably I'll watch the top 3-4 fights and just skip the other fights I kinda care about because I don't feel like sitting through fights that I would have to invest time to find out why I should care about.

PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?

buriedinspace

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:50 pm

Pretty rare for me to watch all of a prelim then the main live. I'll periodically check twitter/wiki to see which fight they're on and stream the ones I want to see on my phone while at work. If I hear good things about one I missed, I'll watch it later in the week, knowing the outcome doesn't bother me too much.

And yeah, it's better if Yair wins.
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:16 pm

I'm okay with that decision. Bummer for Alexa though, almost got a finish twice in that last. Grasso has great striking and did a lot better on the ground this time. Should let them run it back.
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:21 pm

I kinda wanted back to back draws. Pretty sure it'd be a first in UFC history and it felt waranted there. I think if Carla hadn't had the sort of useless top time that rd 3 would have been a clear 10-8 unanimously and given Alexa was winning from the bottom the majority of the time anyway, I don't even that should count against her.

buriedinspace

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:26 pm

Read some of the fighter reactions, they think Carla got out of the armbar because it dislocated. It did look a bit wonky.
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:30 pm

If this is a NC, this arena will riot jfc

buriedinspace

Postby zach york » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:32 pm

i wonder if yair will duck zabit again if he's offered that fight for the 3rd time

zach york

Postby zach york » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:34 pm

lol why is zair cheering

zach york

Postby zach york » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:36 pm

is he auditioning for a telenovela right now

zach york

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:38 pm

Rebook it for MSG?

buriedinspace

Postby Shalabi » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:39 pm

Dana White being evacuated by helicopter

Shalabi

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:43 pm

Yeah it sucks but I laughed pretty hard at Bisping saying he just got modelo'd. just rebook it at @ 244 or 245.

Yair's got a latin temper, looked like he wanted to kill Bisping when he first approached him
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:51 pm

It did look pretty bad. can we give one of the performance bonuses to herb? feel like he deserves it even though he doesn't work for the ufc
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Brouhaha wrote:It did look pretty bad. can we give one of the performance bonuses to herb? feel like he deserves it even though he doesn't work for the ufc

He barely doesn't work for the UFC more than the 'independent contractor' fighters do.

(that was a confusingly tensed sentence, but you know what I mean)

buriedinspace

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:58 pm

Look at how he almost threw the winner through the octagon, Herb wasn't fucking around tonight

make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:23 am

Yair acted like a douche after but it's hard to feel bad for Jeremy after what he did to Josh Emmett. People on Twitter were mentioning how good Tyson Fury is in how he was able to win multiple rounds and the fight with one eye last week. Anyway, Jeremy says it's a deep scratch but he'll probably be ready to run it back in as little as a few weeks
Last edited by Brouhaha on Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby joymonger » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:50 am

esparza/grasso should've been a draw. great fight, regardless.

joymonger

Postby j-ol » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:59 pm

anybody gonna sink any money into endeavor IPO? goes public sept. 27, $30ish per share...

i've never bought any stocks before. would it be silly if these were the first?

j-ol

Postby Brouhaha » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:50 pm

Brouhaha wrote:okay i thought about it. dc is probably going to rewatch the fight a dozen times and see how he dominated most of it and the trilogy happens. book it in ohio and bill it as his final fight

I wrote that the day after their fight. probably won't get the ohio part though. dc is eyeing vegas/245
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....