Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby buriedinspace » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:51 pm

Usman/Covington reportedly likely back on per Ariel, for 245, which would put it at 3 title fights and seem to rule out Cormier/Miocic (that always seemed too quick anyway, tbh)
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?

buriedinspace

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:01 pm

yeah, stipe's probably not fighting this year, still recovering from the eye poke injuries
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby buriedinspace » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Usman/Covington
Holloway/Volkanovski
Nunes/GDR

What a weird triple bill. Usman/Covington could have some steam on it but it feels like a mid-tier draw fight and 2 that would draw at the minimal of OK all jammed together into one card that... is only a little bigger than any 2 of them put together? Holloway and a name or Nunes and a name would be decent draws but I feel like Volk and GDR aren't positive factors past Max and Amanda's names by themselves.

But is Usman and Covington don't draw... they kinda got no one to blame, because they're being given support, even if it's a little weird.

PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:32 pm

Matt Brown returns against Ben Saunders and Lawler vs Ponz also, neither of which I'd seen - the Lawler fight is a very solid #4 fight on a card and the Brown fight would do well as a TV main event.

Shit, I didn't realize GDR was a rematch of a fight Nunes wrecked her in the first round of. The Vierra fight made all the sense in the world but...

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Yair/Stephens rebooked as the co-main under Weidman/Reyes on ESPN in a few weeks.

The MSG show is loaded with, if not huge money draws, then at least really recognizable names:

Diaz/Masvidal
Gastellum/Till
Lee/Gillespie
Anderson/Walker
Lewis/Ivanov
Wonderboy/Luque
Plus Arlovski is fighting someone on the show too

buriedinspace

Postby Brouhaha » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:21 pm

Kevin Lee-Gillespie is the one I'm looking most forward to on that card. Lee now trains at tristar with gsp, be interested to see what he's picked up. Still gotta favor Gillespie though. Props to Lee for taking the fight, like nobody else would.

i watched khabib's Detail episode, cormier got me to respect all the little things he does that I didn't fully notice.

looking forward to izzy-whit but most of the card isn't too great on paper

considering adding the yearly dazn plan at $99 to mainly see bellator and boxing, otherwise it's 19.99 for the monthly plan
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:27 pm

I'm probably going to put some money on a Volkanovski finish, guy used to play rugby at around 210lbs. Max really struggled against Poirier's punches, likely similar.

I like GDR vs Nunes, would've preferred it at 45 but GDR wanted 35. maybe thinking it's better to go against a less power amanda

bellator already booked cyborg-budd for late january
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:25 pm

impressive win from Cannonier over the weekend. seems like a solid human, looking forward to what's next for him
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby j-ol » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:44 pm

michael bisping fought with a prosthetic eye for the biggest & last run of his ufc career jfc

https://www.rt.com/sport/470210-michael ... false-eye/

j-ol

Postby Brouhaha » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:48 pm

I almost posted that a couple of days ago but didn't want to gross anyone out, NUTS

who y'all got in the main? I'm goin Whit inside distance. be bummed if he loses.
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby j-ol » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:53 pm

i don't have a preference but the fight is super compelling. whit is the most affable guy ever and he was looking ferocious in the open workout, i'd be happy for him if he won. on the other hand, i like adesanya's charisma and style, wouldn't be mad to see him blow up as champ either.

j-ol

Postby virile » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:13 pm

j-ol wrote:i don't have a preference but the fight is super compelling. whit is the most affable guy ever and he was looking ferocious in the open workout, i'd be happy for him if he won. on the other hand, i like adesanya's charisma and style, wouldn't be mad to see him blow up as champ either.

this is me i keep vacillating. i think whitaker wins this but i'm excited as hell to watch the kinda fight that adesanya will need to fight to beat him.

virile

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:50 am

Tonight's show is a real 'try and get home for the main event, nothing else matters' sort of show

Holly/Rocky would have been something and hey, if I catch Iaquinta/Hooker, that's fine but it's all about the main event

I'm done doubting Whittaker. Mf'er is low key one of the P4P best and enough of a beast to have retired GSP via threat of destruction and left Bisping grasping at ways not to have to fight him. Israel is a great contender but I think the hype ends.

FWIW: if Whittaker was like 20 lbs heavier naturally, he's the one I'd be fascinated to see fight Jones

buriedinspace

Postby j-ol » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:24 pm

can't watch live tonight bc i absentmindedly made plans last week and don't wanna cancel on 'em. i'm fine with it, live streams have been spotty lately, i'll download in hq and watch on sunday morning.

i'll go on record with a prediction tho. adesanya by decision.

j-ol

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:23 pm

Brouhaha wrote:I'm goin Whit inside distance

I'll add by tko in the 3rd or 4th. Don't think they get to the 5th, might not even see the 4th. Whit probably gonna take it to the ground
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:35 pm

I have a feeling that costa-cannonier will get booked, probably be too long of a turnaround for costa to wait for the winner of tonight's fight, unless someone gets a quick finish. Which is a fight I'd like to see anyway.
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:46 pm

make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:05 pm

I mean it was a good win but he can't handle that Dustin smoke.

got slightly worried and put a backup bet on izzy

still think rob's got it though
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:08 pm

kind of sucks that if izzy wins this, the promotion will go all in on trying to make him a top 3 draw. if rob wins, he just gets to remain champ
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:10 pm

I'm not really getting the 50k plus magnitude of this on tv, just looks like a regular card

edit - okay, getting it a little now
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Wilderness » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:26 pm

Israel looking sharp af

Wilderness

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:29 pm

bummer
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:30 pm

rob truly is cursed, should just fight in the states from now on
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:31 pm

let's see what Jones has to say
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:33 pm

picking costa by first round ko :twisted:
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby swift » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:53 am

Can't believe Adesanya's power relative to some of the shots Whittaker took from Romero. Maybe it was just how they were engaging? I was a little disappointed he didn't try to clinch or look at takedowns. Adesanya was just so comfortable in there from the beginning, and rightly confident those counter hooks would end the fight. Impressive stuff.
swift

Postby Brouhaha » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:14 pm

he said in the post presser that he had planned to get it on the ground but was having success so just kept it standing. Rob doesn't have a romero or even costa chin so let's see how Izzy does next, he also gets hit a fair amount. Costa is a good test.

Guess now you do
Cannonier-Romero
Whit vs winner of Till-Kelvin
make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby j-ol » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:48 pm

damn, serious precision from adesanya, i didn't expect him to get the knockout since he's had multiple decision wins and whit is so durable. but that was a fairly complete destruction, basically KO'd him twice

loved the replay of izzy's machine gun celebration seeming to confuse anik who then exclaimed "he certainly reeled in a big one tonight!" or something

j-ol

Postby Brouhaha » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:35 am

make it mild

weird opinions

Brouhaha

Postby 2nd_yellow » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:02 pm

I've never cheered for Jon Jones before, but I would love to see him take Adesanya's head off.

I would not bootleg that. I would pay full price.

2nd_yellow

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....