MARVEL®

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Johan POOPLER » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:00 pm

people online were talking a lot about miles morales a couple months ago but i think it was a gamer thing. i dont go near gamer things
das ding wrote:
so what did he have to say about manly attraction to sheep?

i dunno. it's a very sad aspect of our nature, but also one of the foundations of love

ImageImageImageImage

Johan POOPLER
Site Admin

Postby virile » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:09 pm

Johan POOPLER wrote:is whatever they're doing with the spidermen gonna finally get us to a live action miles morales (who they should have made spiderman in the MCU to begin with even tho tom holland has performed admirably)?

also does anyone know of one or two sentences that they could use to explain what that wandavision thing is about? "people wanted to see more moving pictures of vision; additionally: somewhat retro" is the closest i can manage and i feel i've stretched english syntax too close to its breaking point by even going that far

i read a theory that it's based on the house of m story arc where she's losing her marbles and like creates an alternate reality fantasy life and this is gonna be something like that? i dunno i didn't read enough comics as a kid! but i really like this idea!
mercenaries of slime wrote:or i can just post what i want

virile

Postby virile » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:09 pm

what if that new spiderman movie had a miles morales animated sequence :shock:

virile

Postby FourLegsGood » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:11 pm

virile wrote:what if that new spiderman movie had a miles morales animated sequence :shock:

It almost certainly will

FourLegsGood

Postby virile » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:14 pm

i love that actually

virile

Postby wakeman » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:19 pm

Pretty excited for WandaVision tbh. Should tie directly into Raimi Dr Strange with should tie into Holland Spider-Verse

Plus more Bettany and Sy Ableman(!?)

wakeman

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:44 pm

Raimi Spider-man tying in at some point would be so cool

virile wrote:
Johan POOPLER wrote:is whatever they're doing with the spidermen gonna finally get us to a live action miles morales (who they should have made spiderman in the MCU to begin with even tho tom holland has performed admirably)?

also does anyone know of one or two sentences that they could use to explain what that wandavision thing is about? "people wanted to see more moving pictures of vision; additionally: somewhat retro" is the closest i can manage and i feel i've stretched english syntax too close to its breaking point by even going that far

i read a theory that it's based on the house of m story arc where she's losing her marbles and like creates an alternate reality fantasy life and this is gonna be something like that? i dunno i didn't read enough comics as a kid! but i really like this idea!

I'd be really surprised if it isn't based on House of M

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby wakeman » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:52 pm

also certainly inspired by Tom King's Vision miniseries to some extent

wakeman

Postby dreamshake » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:03 am

Milquetoaster Strudels wrote:
virile wrote:

I'd be really surprised if it isn't based on House of M

it would be a perfect little twist on that story to use wandavision to introduce mutants
hologram ride the whip

dreamshake

Postby Johan POOPLER » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:24 am

didnt they explicitly say they werent going near house of M with wanda like 7 years ago? this cinematic universe is full of holes. boycott inbound.

but that would be dope, thanks for explaining it guys! if miles morales is gonna be in a spiderman picture someone shoot me a DM cuz i dont read megathreads but i will definitely wanna catch a midnight showing of that. thanks again guys!
das ding wrote:
so what did he have to say about manly attraction to sheep?

i dunno. it's a very sad aspect of our nature, but also one of the foundations of love

ImageImageImageImage

Johan POOPLER
Site Admin

Postby creationist » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:38 am

Johan POOPLER wrote:also does anyone know of one or two sentences that they could use to explain what that wandavision thing is about? "people wanted to see more moving pictures of vision; additionally: somewhat retro" is the closest i can manage and i feel i've stretched english syntax too close to its breaking point by even going that far

https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-tu ... fitting-in

creationist

Postby goofjan » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:52 am

the nostalgia casting is fun but I kinda just want a straightforward chase story with Kraven. :x
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye

goofjan

Postby creationist » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:05 am

Kraven would be the perfect foil for the Tom Holland Spiderman, but it would need be more Iron Man 3 than Spider Man 3. They've clearly chosen the latter in a bid for an expanded universe.

But that's also why they'll want to use this as an opportunity to introduce Miles. Otherwise all you've done is whitewash Spiderverse.

creationist

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:08 am

I'd put all my money on WandaVision being primarily an Avengers Disassembled / House of M-influenced story about Wanda retreating into domestic fantasy to avoid reality, capped with a "More Mutants" wish at the end that remains just ambiguous enough to both serve as an explanation for the eventual appearance of mutants and as a mere happy coincidence.

There may be nods to the Tom King series but I think this will draw less from than than it will from the Bendis era.

reversemigraine

Postby creationist » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:12 am

Drop the Venmo

creationist

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:16 am

We also know that WandaVision is supposed to be a prelude to Doctor Strange 2, which is a Multiverse movie featuring Wanda, so yeah, I'm guessing that she triggers some kind of reality-bending that is explored deeply in DS2, with Spider-Man 3 probably being set concurrently and depicting the event as Peter experiences it.

In some ways this feels like Disney's attempt to integrate the most successful elements of the non-MCU franchises into the MCU, rather than attempting to start with new casting. And if that's the case, then I don't really see anything stopping them from throwing Hugh Jackman a big wad of cash to play a more age-appropriate Logan for a few more movies rather than trying to find "the new face of Wolverine."

reversemigraine

Postby creationist » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:20 am

I just can't imagine Strange 2 or Spiderman 3 owing their inciting incident to a Disney Plus series but maybe I'm wrong.

This is the same Marvel that tried to sell you on how Antman and Wasp was supposed to setup Endgame.

creationist

Postby goofjan » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:36 am

lol ok

plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye

goofjan

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:39 am

I don't expect a major event to happen in a Disney+ series, but I do expect that something will happen in the series that will foreshadow what happens in a movie that both 1) features one of the series' title characters as the lead supporting character and 2) the studio has already said is a direct continuation of events occurring in said series.

It may be no more than the series ending with Wanda realizing (or not even completely realizing) that she has the ability to bend reality.

I mean, this is exactly the way Marvel handles things in the comics. You always get an arc in a flagship book that serves as a prelude to the companywide standalone mini-series event title. You don't HAVE to read the prelude to understand the first issue of the mini-series, but it often helps.

reversemigraine

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:42 am

"We're out of ideas but have a lot of money and basically everyone who acted in a non-MCU movie is desperate for work."

reversemigraine

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:44 am

Can't wait for the return of the Galactus cloud and that one dude from Nip + Tuck.

reversemigraine

Postby creationist » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:00 am

I saw there was a “fan” campaign to get him and D’Onofrio included... still feels a lot like somebody’s agent trying to drum up interest

creationist

Postby virile » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:11 am

i like the idea of her getting more powerful and being the bad guy in DS2

virile

Postby Viz » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:14 am

Business wise, it makes absolute sense for Disney to set something up in Wandavision for the next phase. Gotta get those subscribers from the movies and force them to watch a TV show to get the whole picture
Viz

Postby FourLegsGood » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:16 am

Would be really surprised if they didn't seed the multiverse stuff for awhile so they can build up to a Ready Player One-style battle with every possible iteration of Marvel characters to date. Seems like the only way to top the fan-servicey Endgame fight where the whole MCU shows up.

FourLegsGood

Postby kirito » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:18 am

FourLegsGood wrote:Would be really surprised if they didn't seed the multiverse stuff for awhile so they can build up to a Ready Player One-style battle with every possible iteration of Marvel characters to date. Seems like the only way to top the fan-servicey Endgame fight where the whole MCU shows up.

look up the secret wars arc
They say more money more problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the problems. Bring on the muhfuckin problems.

kirito

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:24 am

Huh that Spidey stuff is actually pretty cool.

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby tgk » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:30 pm

they gonna get fucking tom hardy venom in spidey 3? otherwise no fuckin thank you

tgk

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:46 pm

Man, I forgot that MORBIUS was supposed to come out this summer.

reversemigraine

Postby endless dave » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:02 pm

Previews/trailers of Wandavision pretty clearly are setting up the premise of Wanda bending reality (which they haven’t actually shown in the MCU if I remember right), probably related to the grief of Vision being killled, so it leading to a House of M-like worldwide break when she, like in House of M, is confronted and then that being the cause of a Spiderverse situation is actually kind of well planned

endless dave

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley