Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby kirito » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:20 am

i totally disagree, the best part of the movie was peter's development into the confident iconic spider-man we all know. there's a reason why they ended it on him finally swinging through midtown. they also let peter get angry which is the most badass thing about every spider-man story when it happens

kirito

Postby goofjan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:30 am

Far From Home is definitely homogeneous like the rest of the MCU but I'd much rather have that than whatever Sony was planning on doing with Spidey on their own.
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye

goofjan

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:31 am

Spider-Verse tho
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby kirito » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:34 am

spider-verse was incredible but any new sony live action adaptation would have been even more shit like

kirito

Postby goofjan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:35 am

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:Spider-Verse tho

right yeah. I meant live action.

goofjan

Postby goofjan » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:30 am

Yes please.

goofjan

Postby reversemigraine » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:40 am

Manifold and Gateway done right would be great.

reversemigraine

Postby saranclaps » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:53 am

Canadian Todd (for Canadians) wrote:co-worker keeps reading me fucking chris evans tweets about being anti-trump retweeting memes and saying he can't wait to see him in like oscar shit.

he's just a model with a sense of humor. he's not an actor. like iunno if he's even a movie star. marvel's speed is p much hunks who are funny on social media. why would anyone want to watch these people in a fucking shitty drama? it's 2k19. he'll prolly get a netflix movie where he deliberately uglies himself up and doesn't talk much and acts really glum and shit and it'll have an aggregated 72% on metacritic and we'll forget about it in a month or like he'll do an A24 movie and it won't matter and it'll be middling and people will say with a straight face that it's his career reinvention and the narrative of major franchise lead goes serious will be a thing and we'll have to pretend that matters and is good and that franchise operates by pavalovian response to the fucking logo and their perfectly curated and perfected formula of laugh-laugh-DRAMATIC-undercutDRAMATICwithLAUGH and none of this matters and I'm a fucking idiot for making this dumb ramble.
he played a swole heroin addict in some drama a few years ago
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening

saranclaps

Postby furrowed brow » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:04 am

Is The Nanny Diaries any good?

furrowed brow

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:17 am

kirito wrote:spider-verse was incredible but any new sony live action adaptation would have been even more shit like

I'm really glad I never watched either of these

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby davideotape » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:27 am

i didnt mind the first one of those but yeah these marvel ones are much better. the second garfield one was so bad it was mindboggling.
oh, word?

davideotape

Postby goofjan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:35 am

reversemigraine wrote:Manifold and Gateway done right would be great.

are they mutants though? specifically tied to X-Men?

goofjan

Postby surly » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:45 am

gateway definitely is, and i believe eden fesi is canonically a mutant, although he's never been on an x-team
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby reversemigraine » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:36 pm

goofjan wrote:are they mutants though?

Yes, why?

reversemigraine

Postby Hal Jordan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Goifjan mcu has rights to mutants now after disney purchased fox
well that was intense

Hal Jordan

Postby Milk » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Milquetoaster Strudels wrote:
kirito wrote:spider-verse was incredible but any new sony live action adaptation would have been even more shit like

I'm really glad I never watched either of these

Its weird but i remember next to nothing about either. Just flashes here and there. I'd forgot we even had Elektro as a villain already.
I must insist on being a pessimist, I'm a loner in a catastrophic mind

Milk

Postby virile » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:00 pm

the only thing i remember about number 1 is emma stone was a great gwen stacy and then #2 the electro was just so so bad the whole everything about it was bad
mercenaries of slime wrote:or i can just post what i want

virile

Postby kirito » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:07 pm

his suit in 2 is basically his ultimate spider-man look and it's really cool. it also has the paul giamatti rhino

kirito

Postby davideotape » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:23 pm

My memory of the first garfield one is avoiding it in the theater because of the press about the edit constantly changing and the reveal from the previews not even happening. then when it hit video or cable i watched it and was pleasantly surprised, it wasnt too bad. The actors were all good, garfield felt more like the mcfarland/erik larsen peter that i grew up with vs. mcguires ditko or romita versions with the wider head. Emma stone was great too. And martin sheen was in it too, right? Even boston mtv promo fireman guy wasnt bad.

Then I remember watching the second one and my jaw dropping over how bad it was. Im not even sure i finished it. Theres that video of blank check talking about it that i think was posted here and yeah that effectively captures watching it for me.

I think i go:
Raimi 2
MCU 1 tied with spiderverse
MCU 2
Raimi 1
Webb 1
Raimi 3
Webb 2
oh, word?

davideotape

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:40 pm

Homecoming
Spider-Verse

SM 2 (though I watched it recently and realized I kind of hate how old all of the principles are and Tobey in particular)
Far From Home

SM
ASM

ASM2

SM3
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

Vote on the Best Album of 2019:
https://forums.hipinion.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=132517

buriedinspace

Postby Milk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:13 pm

now i'm not ranking Spiderman movies, i for long didn't want to try to rank marvel movies because frankly aside from the bad ones, around position 15 it's all more or less of equal quality. There's no Marvel movie i absolutely love i don't think. I tried to rank them fast without overthinking it but some of those, like the first Iron man for example i haven't seen in at least ten years so i'm going by memory. what surprised me making it is how much i like the ant-man movies. I mean i kinda knew but once ranked, yeah, top 5 both. I think i like that both don't deal with very big threats. They're their own things, very self contained, and i love the ingenuity of some of the action scenes because of his powers. In the second one especially. Perhaps i'm overrating them but all i know is they stuck with me better than a lot of the more acclaimed marvel films.

1- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2- Captain America: Civil War
3- Guardians of the Galaxy
4- Ant-Man and the wasp
5- Ant-Man
6- Avengers: Infinity War
7- The Avengers
8- Avengers Endgame
9- Doctor Strange
10- Avengers Age of Ultron
11- Iron Man
12- Iron man 3
13- Guardians of the Galaxy 2
14- Black Panther
15- Captain Marvel
16- Thor Ragnarok
17- Thor 2: The Dark World
18- Captain America
19- Spider-Man: Homecoming
20- Spider-Man: Far from home
21- Iron Man 2
22- The Incredible Hulk
23- Thor

Milk

Postby tgk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:17 pm

Bp and ragnarok in the mid teens is bananas wtf dude

tgk

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:23 pm

BP and CM together seems right.

reversemigraine

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:24 pm

That wouldn't be my list but it's more right than wrong.

reversemigraine

Postby Milk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:43 pm

tgk wrote:Bp and ragnarok in the mid teens is bananas wtf dude

I explained my issues with Ragnarok when it came out. Deciding wait Thor doesn't work, let's make it Guardians of the galaxy for no good reason. It annoyed the fuck out of me. Why not just do this with every character? If next BP movie it tanks, let's just make BP3 full on comedy, that'll save it. Just for this unwarranted tone change i despise this movie a little. Maybe if that's how they started with Thor originally, maybe if in the first place they thought, this whole Shakespearean thing won't work, let's do this comedy, maybe. But this tone switch just to fix the box office numbers, lame. Oh and the jokes were just NOT that good most of them. They were obvious.

Black panther, looking back...i just don't find it that great. And the CGI is garbage. I don't know why they didn't seem to spend as much time on the CGI than some other Marvel films or something. I mean it's not bad. Like i said around the 15th position a lot of those film are kinda even, not bad, not great. Just perfectly watchable but fail to elicit strong feelings either way. But i know if i started looking at this list for longer i would probably switch some positions but nothing too major either. Like i don't even think i liked IM3 that much (too much Gwyneth Paltrow for one) but i didn't get the bad reactions it got because i felt people just didn't get the tone or i don't know so maybe that got me to rank it a bit higher. And i liked the Mandarin twist... I also don't get why everyone hated Thor 2 so much. It's not great, but fuck was it miles ahead of the first Thor which to this day is the one Marvel movie that just nearly put me to sleep. I know it might seem strange that I'm saying, yeah i didn't like Thor, but i hate what they did with him with Ragnarok, but regardless.... And frankly i don't think it's the tone that i didn't like with this film anyway. Doctor Strange in top 10 probably has a lot to do with my love for the character AND Cumberbatch. And it had some nice visual ideas even if yeah, Inception kinda and all.

Milk

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:49 pm

MBJ is BP's weak link don't @ meToggle Spoiler

reversemigraine

Postby Bob511 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:49 pm

Milk wrote:Maybe if that's how they started with Thor originally, maybe if in the first place they thought, this whole Shakespearean thing won't work, let's do this comedy, maybe.

The first Thor is like wall-to-wall hacky fish-out-of-water comedy.
Eric Roberts wrote:Hipinion. Hipinion? Hipinion...is hip.

Bob511

Postby tgk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:57 pm

bp has a lot of issues pacing and story wise, but it's also one of the best costumed and set designed of the mcu films and has an untouchably stellar cast

tgk

Postby tgk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:01 pm

IW, Ragnarok, BP, GOTG are all very good.

The rest range from not bad (CM, Spideys, Strange) to atrocious (everything else)

tgk

Postby Thrustin Jeroux » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:02 pm

kenneth branagh shouldn't be allowed to make any movie ever
you are only coming through in waves
Thrustin Jeroux

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....