Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby mancubz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:34 pm

maybe i'll just paint my entire body purple
Stuntman wrote:This is what happens when you're an adolescent and you don't have a forest or the internet.

Johan POOPLER wrote: i'd rather live another 50 years with an untouched nutsack than be rent from the platonic embrace of my sweet, beloved bitch.

mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby Catullus » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:06 am

Honestly you could start a new trend. Purple is the best color
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby galactagogue » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:36 am

it's so frustrating that there are two divergent tiers for new clothes in my mind. EXPENSIVE things that are just re-hashings of what we've always seen or some kind of art-ier stuff that is made in such low quantities that it's inaccessible in a totally different way >.<

anyway i really liked some of the collabo stuff this week with BootyBiz and Cixous72 but lmao it's already all sold out.

i also recognize you can only own so much stuff like this before your closet starts to look like a billboard or something.
Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby theta » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:37 pm

that's why i pretty much only buy vintage. it's unique but also cheap.
hologram wrote:also music is done and already happened so enjoy all that Sisters of Mercy while you can

theta

Postby Kiki » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:27 pm

I got a haircut.

Also, I need to find some new glasses. Apparently I have a tiny head, and any glasses I try just look ridiculous on me. Im trying to find decent kids sized glasses but no luck so far.

Kiki

Postby Catullus » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:30 pm

Cute haircut, boy you have great face for a short cut. Mine is way too round.
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby theta » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:43 pm

nice haircut kiki
hologram wrote:also music is done and already happened so enjoy all that Sisters of Mercy while you can

theta

Postby Merciel » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Short hair looks really good on you, kiki.

Also I would like to make a late summer PSA that gel pedicures are magic and I love them so much. I'm never going back to regular nail polish. I cannot believe it took me this long to figure it out and switch over.

I started getting them earlier this summer because we were going on a couple of beach vacations and I didn't want to deal with trying to touch up my regular polish on vacation (every year, my toenails start looking like shit by the second week on Nantucket, and there are no nail salons on the island, and trying to lug around all those bottles to do it myself in the rental cottage is just an enormous pain in the ass), and after the first one I was like: SOLD.

Perfectly chip-free after three weeks of hard wear? Not a scratch after sand and sandals almost every day? Whatever strange magic this is, I love it fiercely.

Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby shrinemaidens » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:23 am

i used to get gels once a month or so at salons and it was very much worth the time/money

i've since purchased my own gel kit set off amazon and le mini macaron because i got back into doing my nails and figured i'd try to doing gels myself

they still last up to two weeks and look pretty good but i'm just not great at shaping my nails and i always get polish on my cuticles no matter what

shrinemaidens

Postby bruceagain » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:39 am

gels were a godsend for me when i was playing classical guitar and footy at the same time
my friend and i went through so many but you can't buff out so much
also i got to experiment with a bunch of fun stuff when i was first figuring out my queerness
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.

bruceagain

Postby bruceagain » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:39 am

i did diy gels fwiw
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.

bruceagain

Postby galactagogue » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:23 am

i thought they destroyed your actual nails tho?
Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby Merciel » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:34 am

They can be pretty damaging to your nails, especially if you don't get the gel professionally removed once it starts to peel or grow out. That's the main reason I won't get gel manicures.

But on your toenails, who's going to notice? I keep mine really short anyway, so by the time the nail's been through two or three gel changes and the damage would be noticeable, that part of the nail has been grown out and cut off anyhow.

Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby galactagogue » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:56 am

oh wow that's an excellent point. I wouldn't mind a gel pedicure.

galactagogue

Postby abs » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:11 pm

I love the thrift store. Found a pair of $225 jeans for $20! And they fit great.
☽ ☾ ● ◯ ● ☽ ☾

abs
Queen Witch

Postby Merciel » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:52 pm

hell yeah

thrift/consignment shopping is the best

Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby Oranges » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:09 pm

I know summer is almost over in the northern hem but all I want to wear anymore is linen and I don’t know how that can possibly change

I look like one of those art grandmas and it is soft and cool - just amazing frankly

it’s so damn expensive tho

Oranges

Postby abs » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:10 pm

Oh man I love me some linen. I often find my best linen in thrift stores, fwiw!
☽ ☾ ● ◯ ● ☽ ☾

abs
Queen Witch

Postby Oranges » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:14 pm

Yeah I should hit up the thrift again - last time I was there there was one linen dress that just didn’t do it for me.

I should have bought it and made it into a skirt oop

Oranges

Postby shrinemaidens » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:37 pm

one of my favorite pieces is a linen jumpsuit i custom ordered off etsy

i want another linen jumpsuit, but in beige tbh

shrinemaidens

Postby galactagogue » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:37 am

i haven't had good luck thrifting in so long :(

galactagogue

Postby rask » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:30 pm

Anyone do rent the runway monthly or something similar? Am I wrong in thinking this is a good way to pare down what I own/buy and experiment?

rask

Postby dcm » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:17 pm

Where y'all buying jewelry at? Anyone have metallurgist friends with their own online stores? Is it possible to find decent affordable options on the web that aren't Etsy???

dcm

Postby theta » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:20 pm

i think etsy is the spot

my absolute favorite earrings are from elaine ho but they were a splurge even with the exchange rate and black friday deep discount

theta

Postby dcm » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:23 pm

I just want some super wide snug huggie hoops and let me tell you I am having a hell of a time!!

dcm

Postby shrinemaidens » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:47 pm

i've seen some recommendations for gldn and mejuri

i really need to wear other shit other than ball stud earrings tbh

shrinemaidens

Postby Merciel » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:56 pm

I like Lou Lou for cheap jewelry that still manages to look nice. The Foundry line is a favorite (I'm partial to the textured/hammered metal jewelry, not so much the cutesy themed studs, which are their newest offerings this season and not my favorite, but ymmv): https://loulouboutiques.com/

Etsy takes some digging but still has some nice indie jewelers amid all the mass-produced Chinese stuff being sold identically through a thousand storefronts.

But for just wardrobe basics, unless I'm in a mood where I'm buying high-end stuff so I have a stash of barter items in the event of total currency collapse, I mostly go to Lou Lou.

Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby mancubz » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:11 pm

I got my gold and silver hoops from blue Nile. They’re way reasonably priced and good quality. Mejuri is like the thinnest, bendiest gold ever it feels so cheap when you actually hold it
Stuntman wrote:This is what happens when you're an adolescent and you don't have a forest or the internet.

Johan POOPLER wrote: i'd rather live another 50 years with an untouched nutsack than be rent from the platonic embrace of my sweet, beloved bitch.

mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby Damien Amadeus MetalWind » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:09 pm

My friend has a shop called Token https://tokenjewelry.com/ Wisconsin made!
kid8 wrote:women should know when to go fucking home. or at least call it a night. the theatrics aren't helping niña.

Damien Amadeus MetalWind
ok

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....