We'll kick your ass in

Postby PBR_Streetgang » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:39 pm

James Sears got 500 votes.

PBR_Streetgang

Postby scornyorno » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:44 pm

At least Norm Kelly lost

scornyorno

Postby an otter » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:47 pm

PBR_Streetgang wrote:Eat literal shit, Mammoliti.

a bit of icing on that cake: when shitbird announced she was going to run some dude threw this at her

she was annoyed by it enough at the time that she included a screenshot of it in a video she made

she closed at 3.4%
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ

an otter

Postby broodstar » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:00 pm

broodstar

Postby lil bro » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:51 pm

frig

lil bro

Postby PBR_Streetgang » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:15 pm

Can't remember if I've posted about this before but I once saw him in the Leslie & Lakeshore Canadian Tire and he was carrying a small kid that was screaming its' head off and both Sears and the woman he was with both looked off-the-scale miserable and about to die (I think they were fighting). My heart goes out to new parents 'cause obviously it can be a tough slog (and I've been there) but I just thought nothing but "HA HA, YOU STUPID FUCKING TURD - YOU 100% DESERVE EVERY MISERABLE MOMENT".

I hope the kid turns out ok.

PBR_Streetgang

Postby lil bro » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:35 pm

frig

lil bro

Postby morris buttermaker » Fri May 17, 2019 2:45 pm

going to be in Toronto for the first time since I was about 7 next week for 5 days. People are telling me to get pho, what pho spots are people digging?

morris buttermaker

Postby broodstar » Fri May 17, 2019 3:08 pm

pho tien thanh on Ossington
saigon lotus in Kensington market for a veggie friendly (?) option
pho linh on college

broodstar

Postby morris buttermaker » Fri May 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Nice thank you for the recommends! I’m staying at Bisha, I don’t know if there’s cool stuff around there or not. Is Soybomb still around? I used to put on a few shows at The Opera House when we’d do Toronto dates. That place rules

morris buttermaker

Postby broodstar » Fri May 17, 2019 8:14 pm

soybomb shuttered a couple years ago (along with quite a few other diy venues). only been there once

not sure if this is of any interest to you or anyone in particular but i plan on visiting these exhibitions:
https://artmuseum.utoronto.ca/exhibitio ... ems-heave/
http://www.mercerunion.org/exhibitions/ ... cial-life/

broodstar

Postby Ralph Vaughan Williams » Fri May 17, 2019 9:23 pm

Pho Linh has always disappointed me but Pho Phoenix (across the street!) gets my vote

Pho Tien Tranh is really the best for pho though

I like Pho Phuong for everything else

Ralph Vaughan Williams

Postby theoden king » Fri May 17, 2019 9:38 pm

Pho Linh is truly the worst in the city

theoden king
ok

Postby funkfunkfunk » Fri May 17, 2019 10:30 pm

I love pho linh, you two crazy. I usually get the beef stew but the pho is good too. Tien tahn is the go to but the broth really varies in quality and the prices keep climbing :/.

Soybomb was amazing and a go-to, breaks my heart it's gone.

I would check out the new MOCCA on sterling, the Powerplant on the waterfront, and try to hit a techno gig at 500 Keele.
jockesh or jakesh in farsi means pimp and unlike american in farsi pimp is a big insult and commonly applied to scoundrels and bad people like bush jr and i dont know of a word for actual jocks i dont think its a thing in iran but also anyway i wanted to say i believe in nothing

funkfunkfunk

Postby funkfunkfunk » Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 pm

Ralph Vaughan Williams wrote:Pho Linh has always disappointed me but Pho Phoenix (across the street!) gets my vote

Pho Tien Tranh is really the best for pho though

I like Pho Phuong for everything else

Wow did you have the same handle last MK? I'm shocked to find someone that O.G. lurking harder than me
jockesh or jakesh in farsi means pimp and unlike american in farsi pimp is a big insult and commonly applied to scoundrels and bad people like bush jr and i dont know of a word for actual jocks i dont think its a thing in iran but also anyway i wanted to say i believe in nothing

funkfunkfunk

Postby broodstar » Fri May 17, 2019 10:52 pm

i don't live close enough to have a say other than 1) pho tien thanh is probably my golden standard and 2) i prefer pho pasteur a lot over pho hung or xe lua

I would check out the new MOCCA on sterling, the Powerplant on the waterfront, and try to hit a techno gig at 500 Keele.

good shouts on these. moca's fantastic, although i think the chantal akerman thing's closed and not sure what's currently showing. other than that, some of my best nights (or only nights?) have been at the powerplant or 500 keele

broodstar

Postby broodstar » Fri May 17, 2019 10:57 pm

p.s. what's the best chinese hand-pulled noodle shop in downtown atm

broodstar

Postby funkfunkfunk » Fri May 17, 2019 11:07 pm

pacific mall in markham :)

but srsly I have no idea downtown, maybe King's Noodle?

funkfunkfunk

Postby broodstar » Sat May 25, 2019 10:30 pm

city's in an uproar / massive honking and hollering over the raptors win

wish i knew anything about the sportsball

broodstar

Postby funkfunkfunk » Sat May 25, 2019 11:52 pm

Place is popping for sure. I'm in the very west end so it's not quite mayhem but still packed with people coming from the game/bars showing the game. If they haven't rioted yet I don't think it'll happen

funkfunkfunk

Postby an otter » Thu May 30, 2019 7:51 pm

toronto's reader's digest has three pot categories in the annual best-of polls

weird time
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ

an otter

Postby hoopdog » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:45 pm

Hey y'all I'm visiting yr fair city July 6-10, staying with my old college roommate but probably doing a fair amount of solo exploration

I don't know what part of town she lives in and I realized I know very little about the city so any and all recs are welcome, also of any boarder wants to grab a drink or something, lmk!

hoopdog
thread skimmer

Postby black sandwich » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:04 am

I cannot believe the pho linh hate in this thread

black sandwich

Postby broodstar » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:27 am

broodstar wrote:p.s. what's the best chinese hand-pulled noodle shop in downtown atm

answer might be niuda hand-pulled noodles on queen

also was at koh lipe thai for the first time yesterday in the baldwin village and dying to go back. there's a fried pork knuckle platter and huge cocktail menu that looks deadly

broodstar

Postby black sandwich » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:15 pm

my vote for hand pulled noodles is chinese traditional bun on dundas. biang biang noodles are insanely good. place is super dirty and weird but i love it.

black sandwich

Postby futurist » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:41 am

does anyone have any resources or advice for toronto tenant laws?

have some friends that are living in a potentially dangerous apartment and their management company is threatening them if they take legal action.

futurist

Postby broodstar » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:54 am

whenever i have housing queries i definitely turn to bunz home zone

broodstar

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....