Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby aububs » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:32 am

oh damn i need to rewatch cursed too then
astonishing vigils

aububs

Postby Zardoz » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:49 am

hm gotta watch devils backbone asap, if anyone can up some of the more obscure stuff mentioned to the DB I'd be eternally grateful

Zardoz

Postby jalapeño ranch » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:39 am

I think I’ve put Blood Rage in the DB before. If it’s been deleted I can put it up again.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:30 am

thrang wrote:Blood Rage is a blast. Terry vs Todd is a conflict for the ages

:lol:

Down n dirty rufus

Postby odilon redon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:51 am

hiddenicon wrote:Devil's Backbone is terrific... as great as Pan's Labyrinth is, Backbone might still be my fave from the trilogy. damn close anyway.

agreed. cronos is dece too

odilon redon

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:52 am

when dan puts that content on the board

palmer eldritch

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:56 am

maybe i'll marathon Nightmare this month

struttin' evil mushroom

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:58 am

oh man is CG seriously being ddos'd again

struttin' evil mushroom

Postby fresh salad » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:30 am

Did a re watch of Prince Of Darkness.
Some pretty awful acting, but really great images and creepy as fuck stuff with the beetle guy etc. Carpenter is so good.
The future dream thing is so iconic to me, I used to think about that all the time when I was falling asleep as a kid
Yep, those are the jeans of a cat owner

fresh salad

Postby concerning » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:51 am

PoD is probably my all time favorite horror movie and the dream sequence is one of my single favorite things. I agree the acting can be shaky but to me I think it sort of adds to the atmosphere of the whole thing...the moment they enter the church it's just a nightmare they're never going to wake up from and people drift in and out of scenes in that dreamlike way. And so many moments...all the scientific equipment surrounded by the candles and crucifixes, the woman possessed on the computer, the hand reaching out of the mirror, the ENDING...."i've got a message for you...and you're not going to like it". pure cinema!

concerning

Postby hiddenicon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:53 am

(that's another one my local theater is showing this month :) )

hiddenicon

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:56 am

odilon redon wrote:
hiddenicon wrote:Devil's Backbone is terrific... as great as Pan's Labyrinth is, Backbone might still be my fave from the trilogy. damn close anyway.

agreed. cronos is dece too

how scary would you guys say this is? watching with a few friends who are maybe a LITTLE fragile? but they all signed up to come to our SHOCKTOBER movie nights, so can probably handle a little. we just watched Jacob's Ladder and people could handle that other than the gory hospital stuff/lobotomy scene fwiw
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby concerning » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:59 am

DEFINITELY see it in a theater, I did and it was mind blowing.

Certain films are one thing on their surface but on a more subconscious level they touch some yawning void/primal unspoken fear at the heart of the human experience, a lot of the time beyond the director and casts' intention or knowledge. Prince of Darkness was that for me, as are eyes wide shut and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I wouldn't argue it on its merits vs the thing/halloween but it really Went There for me.

concerning

Postby hiddenicon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:59 am

if they can't handle Devil's Backbone, you're gonna have a real lame shocktober.

hiddenicon

Postby hiddenicon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:00 pm

oh yeah, I'm going. love Prince of Darkness.

next week is a double feature of Christine/Maximum Overdrive, followed by Lost Boys the next night. more inclined to go to the double, but will probably skip out on both (Lost Boys has never done a thing for me)

hiddenicon

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:09 pm

hiddenicon wrote:if they can't handle Devil's Backbone, you're gonna have a real lame shocktober.

lol well the other movies are like, The Fly, Beetlejuice, Shaun of the Dead, Alien, Attack the Block, etc. so nothing THAT scary. Jacob's Ladder was probably the most scary one on the list as far as I know.
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby hiddenicon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:18 pm

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:
hiddenicon wrote:if they can't handle Devil's Backbone, you're gonna have a real lame shocktober.

lol well the other movies are like, The Fly, Beetlejuice, Shaun of the Dead, Alien, Attack the Block, etc. so nothing THAT scary. Jacob's Ladder was probably the most scary one on the list as far as I know.

nah... The Fly is rougher than The Devil's Backbone. tiny amount of gore by comparison... it's pretty much just a straight up ghost story with a historical backdrop a la Pan's Labyrinth.

hiddenicon

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:14 pm

concerning wrote:PoD is probably my all time favorite horror movie and the dream sequence is one of my single favorite things. I agree the acting can be shaky but to me I think it sort of adds to the atmosphere of the whole thing...the moment they enter the church it's just a nightmare they're never going to wake up from and people drift in and out of scenes in that dreamlike way. And so many moments...all the scientific equipment surrounded by the candles and crucifixes, the woman possessed on the computer, the hand reaching out of the mirror, the ENDING...."i've got a message for you...and you're not going to like it". pure cinema!

prince of darkness whips ass. awful acting my fucking butt

palmer eldritch

Postby light rail coyote » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:16 pm

prince of darkness is so good, I refuse to acknowledge any other opinions

light rail coyote

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:16 pm

prince of darkness just goes and goes and every time I watch it I love it more

palmer eldritch

Postby light rail coyote » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:20 pm

I'd say it's my favorite carpenter movie but tbh my favorite carpenter movie is usually just whichever one I've watched last

light rail coyote

Postby Spooky Jim » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:53 pm

I have meant to watch Prince of Darkness, but haven't gotten around to it. I did watch In the Mouth of Madness recently and was a little dissapointed, the first time I ever experience that with a Carpenter film.
Combarieu declares that the songs of birds are not "musical" either, because they are "very difficult to take down in notation." See his Music-Its Laws and Evolution, 155. Will some divine power please create a "Musical" bird to sing the Air for G String in exact Equal Temperament for M. Combarieu?

Spooky Jim

Postby fresh salad » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:26 pm

Ok, maybe awful is not the right word but some of the dialogue sounds like they're literally reading the script irt the whole science part of it.

And the Asian guy who mentions he's Asian 4 times and then tells the one girl could almost pass for Asain, blah blah, I know he's the comic relief but..

It's still vintage Carpenter and the 80's fashion is on point and the whole mood is perfect.
I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!Toggle Spoiler

fresh salad

Postby fresh salad » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:29 pm

Also this:

ImageToggle Spoiler

fresh salad

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:30 pm

Spooky Jim wrote:I have meant to watch Prince of Darkness, but haven't gotten around to it. I did watch In the Mouth of Madness recently and was a little dissapointed, the first time I ever experience that with a Carpenter film.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Me, watching In The Mouth of Madness (1995):

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:33 pm

re: PoD, am i misrememberingalice cooper getting impaled with a bicycle?Toggle Spoiler

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Bartatua » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:34 pm

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:

you put alien and then say nothing that scary, wow, what kinda shit you been watching?
i broke somebody's ribs

Bartatua

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:36 pm

Ha, I just mean not like putting on Hereditary or like, any jump-scare fests or whatever. I guess it's scary but not too HORRORy where people will seinfeld.gif out of there. i dunno, soemthing about Alien feels different to me

anyways one of the girls is having a bad day and thinks TDB might be too intense for her today so we're probably either doing Attack The Block or ET (which i always forget is specifically a Halloween movie)

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby fresh salad » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:54 pm

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:re: PoD, am i misrememberingalice cooper getting impaled with a bicycle?Toggle Spoiler

He is the impalerToggle Spoiler

fresh salad

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....