Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby gambra » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:19 pm

I've loaded up mine with a pile of games from various consoles and all I play on it is NBA Jam. Fucking hell that game is hard.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby freezinseason » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:34 pm

i have been playing super mario bros the last couple days because i have some free time. this is much harder than i remember it being in my youth.
freezinseason

Postby Grey Poupon » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:36 pm

I think as an adult I’m more aware of the repetitive nature of dying frequently whereas as a kid I was riding high on video game addiction vibes so just kept hammering without thinking this is bullshit I keep dying!
Or my reflexes really are that much worse
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby freezinseason » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Grey Poupon wrote:I think as an adult I’m more aware of the repetitive nature of dying frequently whereas as a kid I was riding high on video game addiction vibes so just kept hammering without thinking this is bullshit I keep dying!
Or my reflexes really are that much worse

yea as i'm playing more i realise im probably actually getting further than i did as a kid, it's just im less likely to think im "hot shit" like i did back then. and yeah caring more about the repetition - i can only really play for about 30 mins at a time, as a kid id be transfixed for hours.
freezinseason

Postby Spooky Jim » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Kenny wrote:Cool Spot is a good game for a licensed plaformer. It's pretty easy but still fun, I used to run through it and beat it basically every time I'd go to my dad's house

Remember this game?

Combarieu declares that the songs of birds are not "musical" either, because they are "very difficult to take down in notation." See his Music-Its Laws and Evolution, 155. Will some divine power please create a "Musical" bird to sing the Air for G String in exact Equal Temperament for M. Combarieu?
Spooky Jim

Postby freezinseason » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:41 am

the best i have done in smb1 is 7-1 now. getting better :D
freezinseason

Postby Grey Poupon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:27 am

maybe that could be milk’s next spreadsheet

I’m taking the cheap out with my snes mini this weekand using retroarch to play the games and enabling game genie codes when i want
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby bobble » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:30 pm

i put all my famicom games in a cassette holder thing and hung it up on the wall

top row (plus a few more) are all konami! the shorter ones on the bottom row are bootlegs but still, fami fever over here
bobble

Postby bobble » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:31 pm

trying to come up with a way to display FDS games, they have super cute cases. maybe i can 3d print something...
bobble

Postby freezinseason » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:07 am

i finally beat super mario bros. happy about that. no continues, no infinite 1up tricks or anything like that. no warps. think i had about 6 lives to spare at the end, everything just fell into place, usually i get game over on 8-3.
freezinseason

Postby fuckyoudad » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:19 am

bobble wrote:Image

i put all my famicom games in a cassette holder thing and hung it up on the wall

top row (plus a few more) are all konami! the shorter ones on the bottom row are bootlegs but still, fami fever over here

I love it
Note: mildly comedic.
fuckyoudad

Postby cyantific » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:49 pm

freezinseason wrote:i finally beat super mario bros. happy about that. no continues, no infinite 1up tricks or anything like that. no warps. think i had about 6 lives to spare at the end, everything just fell into place, usually i get game over on 8-3.

Congrats. The game is still a lot of fun. 8-3 used to be a run killer for me when I was speedrunning the warps category.
cyantific

Postby freezinseason » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:00 pm

now im playing mario 2 (japanese only release?) and its just brutally difficult, i keep getting game over at 2-1 lol.
freezinseason

Postby Hideaway Lights » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:52 pm

I just got Qbert's Qubes to marathonable and might attempt this WR

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124291424##
Hideaway Lights

Postby Hideaway Lights » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:12 pm

looks like I might do the marathon on New Year's Day.
Hideaway Lights

Postby Kenny » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:52 am

As my old game collection gets more "robust" I've sort of run out of cheap games on the systems that I buy (this isn't really true, I just haven't found them yet) so I've been starting to make less but bigger buys.

Like this year most of my buys have been: Dragon Warrior 4 for NES, Final Fantasy 2 and 3, Super Mario RPG, and Yoshi's Island 2 (as an "upgrade" from the Japanese cart I already had) for RPG

That said I spent all last night playing Bubsy 1 for Genesis (my preferred version!)
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby ill murray » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:42 am

Kenny wrote:That said I spent all last night playing Bubsy 1 for Genesis (my preferred version!)

What's the difference between the versions? Only ever played it on SNES but it's one of my favourite platformers
ill murray

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:48 am

I like the way the music sounds better, mostly. There's some slight difference to graphics too, but those don't matter as much to me. Basically I just grew up playing it on the Genesis so I like it better.

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:51 am

Kenny what if your GF told you to get rid of your games
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:57 am

My games take up a fairly small portion of our place, I'm not a huge collector (comparatively)

If she told me to get rid of my games I'd be surprised at her personality change

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:57 am

She complains about all the cords more than the games

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby doublethink0 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:00 am

given the day, how is Solstice off NES? Also, Equinox (SNES), if anyone has played those.
doublethink0

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:03 am

I have Equinox, but I haven't gotten too far in it. I think it's really pretty and also really hard (I think that both of those are true about Solstice from what I've seen/heard too)

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby fuckyoudad » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:05 am

Yeah Solstice is hard as fuck. My memory of it is lots of precision platforming over deadly spikes with an isometric view, but it has a cool vibe and is fun to explore
Note: mildly comedic.
fuckyoudad

Postby Spooky Jim » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:53 am

Kenny wrote:I have Equinox, but I haven't gotten too far in it. I think it's really pretty and also really hard (I think that both of those are true about Solstice from what I've seen/heard too)

I remember I played Equinox a shit ton as a kid, and ended up hating it cause I think I got soft locked out of the 3rd world. I couldn't get enough keys to get into a certain room. Anyways, I didn't know you could get soft locked out of a game really and spent weeks trying to find that damn key and never did. Same thing happened with Laura Bow and the Dagger of Amon Ra.
Combarieu declares that the songs of birds are not "musical" either, because they are "very difficult to take down in notation." See his Music-Its Laws and Evolution, 155. Will some divine power please create a "Musical" bird to sing the Air for G String in exact Equal Temperament for M. Combarieu?
Spooky Jim

Postby Hideaway Lights » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Robbie Lakeman just facebook-lived a new Donkey Kong WR 1,230,100 lmao
Hideaway Lights

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Dammmnnn

My heart breaks every time there's a new record and it's not Steve Wiebe though

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Here's how much room my collection takes:
(though there are a bunch of consoles and a box of gameboy games behind the grating

and

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby tgk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:46 pm

freezinseason wrote:now im playing mario 2 (japanese only release?) and its just brutally difficult, i keep getting game over at 2-1 lol.

you have to utilize the extra live strategy, at the end of every level you need a coin total in a multiple of 11 (22, 33, 44 etc) and match the timer's last digit with your coin total i.e if you have 44 coins, hit the timer when its at 74,64,54,44, etc, if you have 55 coins, hit the timer at 45,35,25 etc and you'll get a 1up. There's also a lot of one up blocks in the first few levels. This way you build up lives before it gets really hard
tgk

Postby Hideaway Lights » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Kenny wrote:Dammmnnn

My heart breaks every time there's a new record and it's not Steve Wiebe though

FWIW Lakeman is the best dude
Hideaway Lights

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....