Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby internethandle » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:09 am

internethandle
ok

Postby Kenny » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:54 am

Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Fuck being hard, Petty is complicated. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby animefilm » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 pm

Is there any way to emulate or play PC88 and 98 games? I really want to play through many of those titles (and probably need some kind of translated version)

animefilm

Postby strange potion » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:49 pm

Does using the playstation I got in 1997 count as retro gaming?

Never had a PS2/3/4 so this still feels modern to me

strange potion

Postby doublethink0 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:51 pm

strange potion wrote:Does using the playstation I got in 1997 count as retro gaming?

oh hell yes, tell us what you're playing

doublethink0

Postby strange potion » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:56 pm

doublethink0 wrote:
strange potion wrote:Does using the playstation I got in 1997 count as retro gaming?

oh hell yes, tell us what you're playing

Cool

I'm playing Tomb Raider, I'm in Atlantis but I don't have the skills to finish

It's a beautiful game though

strange potion

Postby Pris » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:53 pm

So after completing Super Castlevania IV legit but taking several days with level codes, my new goal is to run through the game in one go.

Today I made it to level 9, the gold room. The spot that killed it for me is the fucking skeleton that jumps at you after running over the crumbling gold path.

Before that, in the Frankenstein Monster's dungeon, there's a fucked up spot where you creep past two adjacent falling spike blocks. It almost seems to me that sometimes the pattern is different making it impossible.

Just like the water serpents level, where you swing onto a block, but sometimes there's a merman knocking you off instantly. I haven't found a way through when the dude's there, but maybe you just need the right secondary weapon.

Pris

Postby hector doepos » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:54 pm

i just started playing wario land 4 on gba and holy fuck this game is sick. the music and atmosphere so trippy i love it. think i will have to cop warioware now as well.

hector doepos

Postby deadbass » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:06 pm

Pris wrote:So after completing Super Castlevania IV legit but taking several days with level codes, my new goal is to run through the game in one go.

Today I made it to level 9, the gold room. The spot that killed it for me is the fucking skeleton that jumps at you after running over the crumbling gold path.

Before that, in the Frankenstein Monster's dungeon, there's a fucked up spot where you creep past two adjacent falling spike blocks. It almost seems to me that sometimes the pattern is different making it impossible.

Just like the water serpents level, where you swing onto a block, but sometimes there's a merman knocking you off instantly. I haven't found a way through when the dude's there, but maybe you just need the right secondary weapon.

Do you blast the volume when the rotating room music plays?

deadbass

Postby Meeps » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:21 pm

hector doepos wrote:i just started playing wario land 4 on gba and holy fuck this game is sick. the music and atmosphere so trippy i love it. think i will have to cop warioware now as well.

Wario Land 3 was the first game I tried to 100% because my friend told me if you lost to the final boss your save would get deleted, so I figured I'd better do everything possible first, just in case. It's true that losing to the final boss is the only way to get a Game Over screen, but you can just get right back up lol

Meeps

Postby Kevin McCallister » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:26 pm

It took me forever to figure out how to make that jump in the rotating room in Castlevania IV.
Turns out you just have to wait a moment.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.

Kevin McCallister

Postby Pris » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:31 pm

deadbass wrote:Do you blast the volume when the rotating room music plays?

That music fucks me up at the point where you're walking over walls going up into spikes. All you have to do is move left, but it adds so much anxienty.

Pris

Postby hector doepos » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:22 pm

Damn so i was all hyped up about wario land 4 but then i realized the cart didnt save. Seems like you gotta be super careful buying off Ebay huh

hector doepos

Postby Kenny » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:11 am

Just bought Global Gladiators because it was cheap and mentioned on Legacy Music Hour.

I just love little packages iwht old videogames coming to my place
Last edited by Kenny on Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:13 am

hector doepos wrote:Damn so i was all hyped up about wario land 4 but then i realized the cart didnt save. Seems like you gotta be super careful buying off Ebay huh

and yeah man, ebay is fucked for buying GBA games. It's basically ALL fake. The only strat is to buy boxed games, or games from people who don't really sell many videogames. If it's someone that sells a bunch of games on ebay, it's most likely fake (though I don't mean to imply they are doing it on purpose)

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby gambra » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:40 am

You're not wrong, I just searched Ebay UK for GBA and a good chunk of the first page of results were fake games. There doesn't seem to be many fakes other than the Pokemons and Zeldas at least other than the very obvious 150in1 carts. Got a lol out of this one.

THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

gambra

Postby Kenny » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:45 am

Nah man literally almost every game has fakes, I've sent back or got refunds so many times.

I've been trying to get a non fake but cheap Fire Emblem GBA for ages now

And obviously do not by anything from China

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby bobble » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:49 am

I've ended up with fake GBA games when buying at local thrift stores! It's crazy.

bobble

Postby Kenny » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:38 am

Anybody know what it would take or what to search for for a region free XBOX original? (I have a ton of classics for NTSC on disc but would have to buy a Europe one and mod it or find an NTSC one here)

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:06 am

Looks like a mod will do it.

For PAL systems this can enable the hidden HD modes by switching the video system to NTSC over component, 720P/1080i (fully rendered no upscaling!)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/75 ... -a-pro-xd/
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.

Kevin McCallister

Postby walt whitman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:12 pm

“Short film, Long film, It’s ALL film!” - Walt Whitman

walt whitman

Postby Kevin McCallister » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:24 pm

If those stores open I'll never be able to find another CRT for under 10 dollars ever again.

Kevin McCallister

Postby bobble » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:50 pm

I got to a local electronics recycling place that sells laptops and stereos and they told me they will not sell me any CRTs

Breaks my heart thinking PVMs and BVMs and other monitors are just dumped :(

bobble

Postby Gutslab » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:57 pm

was looking at random mk64 shit

https://www.reddit.com/r/n64/comments/c05yzq/mario_kart_64_modding/
overkart 64-mod that lets you change different values in the game. what was interesting was the stats he linked further down, didnt know there were attributes besides class for each character, stuff like steering and acceleration although some of those variables have the same value for all
https://pastebin.com/TqzCw6az

here's a more detailed look at the data
http://tasvideos.org/GameResources/N64/MarioKart64.html

also, this is great

Gutslab

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:34 pm

How do I get one of these?
It's actually a famicom clone

http://ultimateconsoledatabase.com/famiclones/funstation_millionstarcorp.htm

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:34 pm

I'll use this dbl post to say I actually saw one of these in a bar when I was in Gdansk in Poland a few weeks ago. I thought it was a playstation mini (it didn't say funstation ont the top) until I popped the top open and saw the famicom cart port

I've got an ebay alert set up for Polystation or Funstation in video games, hope one pops up and for cheap

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:40 pm

i kinda dig using a ps1 controller (through my PS classic) playing old NES games
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:45 pm

Thought I'd try polish ebay, not sure why it doesn't show up on mine:
https://www.ebay.pl/itm/Used-Polystation/293156305059?hash=item44417a38a3:g:NVEAAOSwkWFdMC98

Also this is from the Netherlands, so I dunno!!!

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:59 am

Retroarch is working on a auto-translation for games:

https://kotaku.com/emulator-can-now-use-machine-learning-to-translate-game-1837593565

It isn't very good at translating now but this is gonna be really cool as it gets better. One of those ideas where as soon as someone does it it seems crazy that nobody thought about it before hah

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:18 am

This just appeared:

Always been interesting in what the ZX Spectrum was like, but don't really know anything about it. I watched the entirety of her 100 best Megadrive/Genesis youtube that was a similar length and found the whole thing compelling.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....