We'll kick your ass in

Postby Esteban » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Good luck tawny

Esteban

Postby deep blue meanies » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:38 am

:(

deep blue meanies

Postby Pris » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:46 am

Damn, gotta go there tomorrow. Not clear what's going on yet. No one apprehended.
Pris

Postby Pris » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:59 am

Three killed, nine wounded.

Police arrested the main suspect, a Turkish-born man of 37. It's still unsure if this was a terror attack. It could also be a targeted 'honor killing', where the suspect decided to also shoot everyone who came to help his victim.

Pris

Postby delgriffith » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:01 pm

Fucking hell :(
delgriffith

Postby gauchebag » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:10 pm

you know i hate this country and i hate guns and i hate the pointless massacre of people. i have never fired a gun.

but i still don't get why people should be able to sue a gun manufacturer bc someone shot someone (of fifty someones) with one of their guns until the manufacture of guns is illegal. isn't the gun doing exactly what it is designed to do? it's not like the tobacco jerks who lied about the harmful effects of their products. i don't think remington is pretending that guns are harmless, they manufacture a tool that is designed to cause harm.

what i am missing here?
bruce1: fucking, fighting, i'm the one with gun
gauchebag

Postby speakers » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:12 pm

gauchebag wrote:you know i hate this country and i hate guns and i hate the pointless massacre of people. i have never fired a gun.

but i still don't get why people should be able to sue a gun manufacturer bc someone shot someone (of fifty someones) with one of their guns until the manufacture of guns is illegal. isn't the gun doing exactly what it is designed to do? it's not like the tobacco jerks who lied about the harmful effects of their products. i don't think remington is pretending that guns are harmless, they manufacture a tool that is designed to cause harm.

what i am missing here?

i have no real insight here so i should probably just not post at all but i think the big tobacco comparison is apt because the gun lobby has suppressed (among many other things i'm sure) research into gun safety measures, mass shootings, etc, for many decades
speakers

Postby blab » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:15 pm

a proud boy neo nazi pulled a gun on a woman in deep ellum a couple nights ago over a parking spot, whipped her phone out of her hand, and beat her when she went to defend herself. fucked city and country

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/03/22/woman-recovering-vicious-assault-deep-ellum-parking-lot/
Last edited by blab on Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blab

Postby gauchebag » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:16 pm

research lol? mentally disturbed people shoot people with guns. what is there to research? make the guns illegal do the logical and obvious thing that will protect people. suing the gun manufacturer doesn't really seem to do anything. gives them less money to lobby with maybe?
bruce1: fucking, fighting, i'm the one with gun
gauchebag

Postby farmer » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:07 pm

gauchebag wrote:research lol? mentally disturbed people shoot people with guns. what is there to research? make the guns illegal do the logical and obvious thing that will protect people. suing the gun manufacturer doesn't really seem to do anything. gives them less money to lobby with maybe?

is this a troll or what
farmer

Postby delgriffith » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:22 am

delgriffith wrote:
Fucking hell :(

Clustering is real and this is just fucking heartbreaking.
delgriffith

Postby goofjan » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:51 am

every single right wing asshole who publicly harassed the Parkland survivors should be on trial for these deaths.
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby Shotfrog » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:28 am

Shotfrog

Postby whatabout tim » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:12 pm

People are losing hope.
tim
whatabout tim

Postby screaming emphysema » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:27 pm

This is destroying me. As a father now I can’t imagine the pain he’s been through and how I honestly wouldn’t be able to handle it. Fuck this shit
screaming emphysema

Postby whatabout tim » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:33 pm

Infowars is a terrorist organization. Hopefully Jones gets what he deserves.
tim
whatabout tim

Postby David Lobster Wallets » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:24 pm

Fuck One Nation, Fuck Pauline Hanson, Fuck the NRA

A three-year Al Jazeera investigation into the U.S. gun lobby has uncovered an effort by an Australian political party to seek millions of dollars in political funding while offering to soften strict, anti-gun laws in Australia.

Al Jazeera’s Investigative Unit used concealed cameras to track ‘Pauline Hanson’s One Nation’, a right-wing, anti-immigration party, as representatives travelled to Washington, D.C. to hold meetings with the National Rifle Association and other lobby groups, as well as the energy giant Koch Industries.

One Nation’s Chief of Staff James Ashby was accompanied on the U.S. visit by Steve Dickson, the party’s leader in the Australian state of Queensland and a candidate in upcoming Australian elections.

Ashby and Dickson were recorded seeking up to $US20 million for their election war chest while promising to soften laws, put in place following a massacre in Australia in 1996.

The strict Australian gun laws have often been condemned by the NRA.

Al Jazeera approached all the groups and individuals featured in this programme. None responded to our findings.
im not a business ham, im a business ham
David Lobster Wallets

Postby alaska » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:32 pm

im really torn up about these suicides

this country is so fucking traumatized
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

Postby joe » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:37 pm

gauchebag wrote:research lol? mentally disturbed people shoot people with guns. what is there to research? make the guns illegal do the logical and obvious thing that will protect people. suing the gun manufacturer doesn't really seem to do anything. gives them less money to lobby with maybe?

considering there is so much public opposition to state authorities regulating gun sales, if you hold gun sellers and manufacturers liable it incentivizes them to "voluntarily" limit sales/restrict sales/engage in background checks/etc. also taking money away from capitalists that can be used to lobby against broader restrictions is unambiguously good
Last edited by joe on Tue Sep 11, 2001 4:20 am, edited 69 times in total.
joe

Postby chowder julius » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:45 pm

joe wrote:

considering there is so much public opposition to state authorities regulating gun sales, if you hold gun sellers and manufacturers liable it incentivizes them to "voluntarily" limit sales/restrict sales/engage in background checks/etc. also taking money away from capitalists that can be used to lobby against broader restrictions is unambiguously good

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_liability
chowder julius
sweet girl fucking with an evil sorcerer

Postby chowder julius » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:47 pm

chowder julius

Postby Shotfrog » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:49 pm

I can only imagine going through something like Sandy Hook and then, six years later, realizing that nothing has changed or will change, and by their actions people have proven that they don't actually care.
Last edited by Shotfrog on Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shotfrog

Postby chowder julius » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:51 pm

and see also https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/katrina-vanden-heuvel-the-case-for-gun-liability-laws/2013/09/24/e0e8adb4-2457-11e3-b3e9-d97fb087acd6_story.html

Knives. Automobiles. Cold medicine. Alcohol. Cigarettes. Coffee.

What do these items have in common?

They’re all held to a higher safety standard than firearms.

Because of product-liability law, manufacturers must equip them with proper warnings, limitations and built-in designs that enhance their safety.

If they don’t, consumers can sue them for harm caused by the product. And all consumer products manufacturers are required to ensure that their products are free of design defects and don’t threaten public safety.

Guns, as Jonathan Lowy of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence’s Legal Action Project has said, are “the only consumer product in America with no federal safety oversight.”
chowder julius

Postby joe » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:13 pm

thank you cj
Last edited by joe on Tue Sep 11, 2001 4:20 am, edited 69 times in total.
joe

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:14 pm

chowder julius wrote:
Guns, as Jonathan Lowy of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence’s Legal Action Project has said, are “the only consumer product in America with no federal safety oversight.”

One of those things that you know is true but looks absolutely insane when you say it/write it out.
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:03 pm

palmer eldritch

Postby whatabout tim » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:00 pm

Palmer it honestly destroyed me today.
tim
whatabout tim

Postby baka baka » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:24 am

No more discussion in here about the Utrecht shooting? ok
baka baka

Postby Ides of Smarch » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:36 am

nm
Ides of Smarch

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....