Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby housesitter » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:25 pm

neat

mcwop23 wrote:goddamnit, how am I being a terrible person now?
housesitter
ok

Postby goofjan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:59 am

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but, this is relatively good news, right? would be great to see Jones in jail eventually.

plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby manvstrees » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:12 pm

goofjan wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread for this but, this is relatively good news, right? would be great to see Jones in jail eventually.

that is fucking glorious
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.
manvstrees

Postby Cronos » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:14 pm

goofjan wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread for this but, this is relatively good news, right? would be great to see Jones in jail eventually.

Who would have thought that encouraging people to harass the families of kindergarteners killed in a mass shooting would be the line you couldn’t cross.
Cronos

Postby Bartatua » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:34 pm

it would destroy if alex jones went to jail
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby incoherent grunting » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:52 am

Can you guys believe Parkland was just a year ago?
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."
incoherent grunting

Postby the scofflaw » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:18 pm

the shooting in aurora? i saw it on the news when i walked by a tv earlier
A novel by Chuck Palahniuk.
the scofflaw

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:42 pm

the scofflaw wrote:the shooting in aurora? i saw it on the news when i walked by a tv earlier

The Gunmen were better before they started doing covers
ʸᴼᵁ ᵀᴴᴵᴺᴷ ʸᴼᵁ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴹᴱ
Sissy Spacerock

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:45 pm

this was Bad Craziness' link in the dystopia thread/more people should see this

i don't imagine i'm at much personal risk of being faced with this choice in life but i can't imagine sending a child into this environment
ʸᴼᵁ ᵀᴴᴵᴺᴷ ʸᴼᵁ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴹᴱ
Sissy Spacerock

Postby tgk » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Fuck i forgot you were living in the west burbs stuntman. Shit's awful.
tgk

Postby Bartatua » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:01 pm

Infowars host Alex Jones to be deposed in defamation suit brought by Sandy Hook parents
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/infowars-host-alex-jones-be-deposed-defamation-suit-brought-sandy-n971421
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — A Connecticut judge has ruled that Infowars host Alex Jones must undergo a sworn deposition in the defamation case brought against him by family members of Sandy Hook school shooting victims.

Discussions on Jones' web show have called the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre a hoax, and lawsuits by families of eight victims and a first responder say they've been subjected to harassment and death threats from Jones' followers.

The superior court judge also ruled Wednesday that the families can depose several other defendants in the case, including those critical to Infowars' business operations.

Jones has defended the discussions on his show. He has cited First Amendment rights and says he believes the shooting happened.
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby snuggle » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:07 am

So, about this Aurora, IL shooting. Police said he should not have had a gun BUT he legally purchased it after getting his foid card. It was only after failing his conceal carry permit they were aware he shouldn't have had one, because they fingerprinted him and realized he had a felony in Mississippi. But the gun was never relinquished.

What the fuck. From what I'm told IL does strict background checks. That's terrifying.

This also hits close to home as I live near there and one of the victims was a union rep who saved the mans job before (which is something I do at a toxic workplace like this one).
snuggle

Postby marble » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:23 pm

there's some serious shit going down in my hometown right now. stuff has reported open fire at two mosques and the hospital. never though this would happen in nz. i don't even know. glad my parents are out of the country right now.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/111313 ... ristchurch
marble

Postby goofjan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:36 pm

shit, what a nightmare
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby Ides of Smarch » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:53 pm

it's hard to not be consumed by despair whenever this happens. so often when this thread gets bumped, it's by a person who has a personal connection to where, or to whom it's happening, and that makes me very sad about this modern kind of pain we all periodically experience now.
Ides of Smarch

Postby tgk » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:57 pm

tgk

Postby Paul » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:24 pm

Ides of Smarch wrote:it's hard to not be consumed by despair whenever this happens. so often when this thread gets bumped, it's by a person who has a personal connection to where, or to whom it's happening, and that makes me very sad about this modern kind of pain we all periodically experience now.

Yeah, probably why no one mentioned the school shootings in Brazil. The politicians down there sound just like American ones, trying to arm teachers, etc.
Paul

Postby the scofflaw » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:56 am

I just found out about the Brazil shooting while trying to read up on the NZ situation and that fact alone was incredibly distressing
A novel by Chuck Palahniuk.
the scofflaw

Postby Autarch » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:32 am

This is awful
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Permafrost » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:42 am

Jesus fuck wtf this Christchurch attack is nuts. Absolutely awful.

Where can you even get those kind of guns in NZ?
Permafrost

Postby Permafrost » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:43 am

fuck guns :(
Permafrost

Postby marble » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:48 am

Permafrost wrote:Jesus fuck wtf this Christchurch attack is nuts. Absolutely awful.

i have no fucking idea
marble

Postby tawny frogmouth » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:54 am

my dad owns about 15 guns, i think some are probably assault rifles. he went his whole life without ever mentioning an interest in guns but when he turned 60 it's like a flip switched in his head or something. he has a concealed carry permit, insists that the second amendment keeps us safe, etc, etc. all the usual gun shit. it's been a huge wedge issue for us and the only way we've managed to move forward is to basically never talk about it.

EXCEPT he's told me a bunch of times that the 15 guns are part of my inheritance when he dies. every time this has come up i've told him i don't want them and that if i inherit them i'm just going to have the county come destroy them. i'm not gonna resell them, nothing. part of my inheritance upon my father's death will just be throwing out thousands of dollars worth of stuff because i don't want to be a fucking weapons dealer. he came to visit me in 2017 and we had a long heart-to-heart on a pier looking out at manhattan. i really thought i'd gotten through to him, he told me point blank that he'd begin the process of selling them off so i didn't have to. it was nice, it felt like a moment.

but then at this past christmas he let it slip that he has plans to buy a few more guns, as in not only did he not sell the guns he said he'd sell, he's going to add to the armory. i didn't address it then, but i wrote a loooong email about the issue and have had it saved as a draft for months now. it never feels like a good time to send it, but fuck a mass shooting of muslims feels like as good a time as any. wish me luck everyone, i'm about to drop a live grenade into my relationship with my dad
tawny frogmouth

Postby came to wreck » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:56 am

marble wrote:
Permafrost wrote:Jesus fuck wtf this Christchurch attack is nuts. Absolutely awful.

i have no fucking idea

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/15/world/asia/new-zealand-shooting-updates-christchurch.html
There were 1.2 million registered firearms in the country of 4.6 million people in 2017, according to the Small Arms Survey, a Swiss nonprofit.

New Zealand law allows any person aged 16 or older with an entry-level firearm license to keep any number of common rifles and shotguns, according to GunPolicy.org, a project hosted by the University of Sydney. Most guns can be purchased without being tracked by law enforcement officials.

“New Zealand is almost alone with the United States in not registering 96 percent of its firearms, and those are its most common firearms, the ones most used in crimes,” said Philip Alpers of GunPolicy.org. “There are huge gaps in New Zealand law even if some of its laws are strong.”

It remains unclear what weapons were used in the Christchurch attack, or how and where they were acquired.
In his manifesto, he identified himself as a 28-year-old man born in Australia and listed his white nationalist heroes.

Writing that he had purposely used guns to stir discord in the United States over the Second Amendment’s provision on the right to bear arms, he also declared himself a fascist. “For once, the person that will be called a fascist, is an actual fascist,” he wrote.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/15/new-zealand-gun-laws-face-scrutiny-after-christchurch-attack
Unlike the UK and Australia, New Zealand does not ban the ownership of semi-automatic military-style assault weapons. Most guns can be legally sold on the internet or through newspaper ads. Any person aged 16 or over with an entry-level firearm licence can keep any number of common rifles and shotguns without having to register them.

“New Zealand’s decision not to register 96% of civilian firearms makes it a standout exception, alone with the United States and Canada,” Alpers said.

Over the past year, New Zealand has seen a renewed debate over what police have called loopholes in the way military-style semi-automatic (MSSA) rifles are defined by law. Possession of MSSA rifles is supposed to be subject to a higher level of scrutiny from the police, and there are only about 15,000 registered in civilian hands, as of last year.

But because of the way MSSA firearms are defined by law, guns with slightly different features but virtually the same function can fall outside of the stricter regulations. Both police and firearms enthusiasts noted that a rifle could be transformed into a MSSA simply by adding a larger-capacity magazine.
came to wreck

Postby mariavesperi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Good luck tawny!
Fear is an illusion!
mariavesperi

Postby Esteban » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Good luck tawny

Esteban

Postby deep blue meanies » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:38 am

:(

deep blue meanies

Postby Pris » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:46 am

Damn, gotta go there tomorrow. Not clear what's going on yet. No one apprehended.
Pris

Postby Pris » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:59 am

Three killed, nine wounded.

Police arrested the main suspect, a Turkish-born man of 37. It's still unsure if this was a terror attack. It could also be a targeted 'honor killing', where the suspect decided to also shoot everyone who came to help his victim.

Pris

Postby delgriffith » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:01 pm

Fucking hell :(
delgriffith

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....