Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Catullus » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:50 am

Just popping in again to say that most of these shooters have no identifiable mental illness other than hatred/extremism (anger is not a mental illness) and those with mental illness are much more likely to 1) be victims of crime rather than perpetrators and 2) use guns on themselves rather than anyone else. Framing the answer to gun violence against others is better mental health furthers stigma. We need better mental health but we need to not frame it after every mass shooting.
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby tgk » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:52 am

I don't know if there's a white nationalist connection with the Dayton shooter but trump just had a rally in Cincinnati and dayton is just outside there. Considering hate crimes rise 200% in communities after a trump rally it wouldn't at all be a stretch.

tgk

Postby light rail coyote » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:53 am

do we have any info at all on the dayton shooter?

light rail coyote

Postby Catullus » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:55 am

Let’s also recall that the people trained specifically to respond to gun violence in an emergency regularly shoot innocent people accidentally or on purpose all the time. And nearly half of all of said sanctioned gun toting heroes are domestic abusers.

So yeah average Joe with a gun, even one trained to use one, is going to end up doing more harm than good
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby John Dark » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:57 am

Shotfrog wrote:
terminus wrote:it's going to take an assassination attempt on a republican president to get anything to change, right? would that even be enough?

No, because somebody shot up several members of Congress already.

https://votesmart.org/candidate/45519/mike-turner?categoryId=37#.XUbx-aD_rmE

I mean, his daughter was across the street from Ned Peppers bar when the shooting broke out and his response is "our heroes the cops", the first runner-up to "thoughts and prayers."
Now here is the lake. And I still haven't changed.

John Dark

Postby Paul » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:57 am

Catullus wrote:Let’s also recall that the people trained specifically to respond to gun violence in an emergency regularly shoot innocent people accidentally or on purpose all the time. And nearly half of all of said sanctioned gun toting heroes are domestic abusers.

So yeah average Joe with a gun, even one trained to use one, is going to end up doing more harm than good

Dont forget they also get shot by the cops when they arrive.
This is my Instagram

lordofdiapers wrote:Paul is worthy

guy forget wrote:Woah wait a minute Phish is dumb as hell

Paul
The Nappy King™

Postby incoherent grunting » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:58 am

Thanks catullus (sincere)
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."

incoherent grunting

Postby Feech La Manna » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:09 am

sure did
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:10 am

tbf she had to do what she had to do to lose her election by 6 points
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby John plainman 4 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:16 am

light rail coyote wrote:do we have any info at all on the dayton shooter?

young white male :evil:
John plainman 4

Postby That Demon Life » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:31 am

Feech La Manna wrote:

incredible

If he blames Call of Duty, he's blaming the troops imo

That Demon Life

Postby odilon redon » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:38 am

Rumpleforeskin wrote:
DasLofGang wrote:can't help but wonder about effective ways to disabuse people of the perception that they'll turn into rambo and save the day when it's their time to shine, as opposed to the far more likely outcome of blowing their own balls off because their hand is shaking so bad

it's like a hydra of machismo and dunning kruger and reality denial you'd be fighting, i don't think something like those canadian workplace safety PSAs is going to get through

how do you sell You're Not the Badass You Think You Are to a country full of...whatever the christ this is

I've tried this with gun owners, asking what their literal plan was to fight Govt tyranny via the 2nd Amendment. Did they think they were going to take on a municipal police dept or the US military with a kicked over kitchen table and a personal collection of handguns and longrifles? Are they part of a militia? Is there an escape plan? Meetup point? I couldn't help but be dismissive about it, it's just a ridiculous notion. They always start grabbing at straws, bringing up the Constitution and intention of the founding fathers, then shifting to better safe than sorry, and then the Govt wants to take our guns and you're brainwashed. Never a real answer and they get all chest-puffy and angry.

the thing is that the singular kind of piece of shit that the u.s. of maga a. produces in droves is the also kind of piece of shit that wants to own a gun because of their wild fantasy of being able to “be the hero” in these insane situations

odilon redon

Postby Dennis Moore » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:39 am

"I am against race mixing because it destroys genetic diversity and creates identity problems. Also because it's completely unnecessary and selfish."
Dennis Moore

Postby Lowercase Tea » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:39 am

Catullus wrote:Just popping in again to say that most of these shooters have no identifiable mental illness other than hatred/extremism (anger is not a mental illness) and those with mental illness are much more likely to 1) be victims of crime rather than perpetrators and 2) use guns on themselves rather than anyone else. Framing the answer to gun violence against others is better mental health furthers stigma. We need better mental health but we need to not frame it after every mass shooting.

Another piece right wingers should be held to when they use this lie is that Reagan is behind the massive defunding of mental health in this country in the wake of ending involuntary hospitalizations. In California alone, the LPS determined that funding for hospitals would then be redirected to community mental health services. Reagan being a piece of fucking feces refused to fund any of those services and used the savings as political points for having a balanced budget.
Lowercase Tea

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:52 am

it is, however, an opportunity to attack a failing presidential candidate

Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby bro tones » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:55 am

Catullus wrote:Just popping in again to say that most of these shooters have no identifiable mental illness other than hatred/extremism (anger is not a mental illness) and those with mental illness are much more likely to 1) be victims of crime rather than perpetrators and 2) use guns on themselves rather than anyone else. Framing the answer to gun violence against others is better mental health furthers stigma. We need better mental health but we need to not frame it after every mass shooting.

thank you for this post cat
benj wrote:rest in peace luggii dead ass

bro tones

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:57 am

personally very excited for a week of tucker, hannity, ingraham et al attacking the democrats and media for linking these shootings to trump

Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby goofjan » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:01 am

take all the guns away.
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye

goofjan

Postby Shalabi » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:29 am

fuck Bernie

Shalabi

Postby Durham » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:32 am

Durham

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:32 am

ban guns and video games, imo

Ferrous Bueller

Postby super gas » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:35 am

whenever people talk about a 'good guy with a gun' saving the day i think about the shooting that took place at empire state building a few years ago where trained police officers shot 9 bystanders by accident.

super gas

Postby Shalabi » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:36 am

if congress targets the gamers, won't they rise up?

Shalabi

Postby dr. badvibes » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:44 am

Catullus wrote:Just popping in again to say that most of these shooters have no identifiable mental illness other than hatred/extremism (anger is not a mental illness)

i don't understand this, and if you or anyone else was willing to explain more i would be in their debt

anger isn't a mental illness, but there are millions of angry, racist extremists who restrict their violence to verbal/online abuse or voting for the party they know shares their angry racism. those individuals who are willing to convert their anger into the action of executing as many strangers as possible... why isn't that mental illness? to me it seems like there is a massive gulf between fantasizing (or even desiring others to action) physical violence vs. acting on that impulse

dr. badvibes

Postby screaming emphysema » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:45 am

I guess flags are going to at half mast forever now because this shit will just keep happening

screaming emphysema

Postby easy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:49 am

at least we’ve got the flags in order

easy
does it

Postby Shotfrog » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:49 am

That Demon Life wrote:
Feech La Manna wrote:

incredible

If he blames Call of Duty, he's blaming the troops imo

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-01-shooters-how-video-games-fund-arms-manufacturers

Shotfrog

Postby John Dark » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:11 pm

super gas wrote:whenever people talk about a 'good guy with a gun' saving the day i think about the shooting that took place at empire state building a few years ago where trained police officers shot 9 bystanders by accident.

Sometimes they shoot each other too.
Now here is the lake. And I still haven't changed.

John Dark

Postby super gas » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:11 pm

the right is going with the dayton shooter being a satanist.

apparently he also shot his sister and her boyfriend before the rampage.

super gas

Postby chimp » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:15 pm

dr. badvibes wrote:
Catullus wrote:Just popping in again to say that most of these shooters have no identifiable mental illness other than hatred/extremism (anger is not a mental illness)

i don't understand this, and if you or anyone else was willing to explain more i would be in their debt

anger isn't a mental illness, but there are millions of angry, racist extremists who restrict their violence to verbal/online abuse or voting for the party they know shares their angry racism. those individuals who are willing to convert their anger into the action of executing as many strangers as possible... why isn't that mental illness? to me it seems like there is a massive gulf between fantasizing (or even desiring others to action) physical violence vs. acting on that impulse

I think the term "mental illness" just doesn't really mean that much in these conversations. Like which one? Schizophrenia, mood disorders, personality disorders? I don't think many of these people have formal diagnoses of psychiatric problems and failing that the term "mental illness" can become just another way of saying "this person's actions are incomprehensible"

chimp

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....