Postby mcwop23 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:11 pm

that’s still a lot for a preacher curl but not crazy
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby Brouhaha » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:31 pm

either meant curling a barbell or he's full of it

gonna try working out with weights tonight for the first time in almost a month, keepin things real light.
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby odilon redon » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:37 pm

mcwop23 wrote:that’s still a lot for a preacher curl but not crazy

oh yeah my response was assuming he was talking about a bar curl
odilon redon

Postby BlackSugar » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:46 pm

so does that mean his gym's plates max out at 25kg? am I reading this wrong? my gym doesn't have barbells so there's a whole gym genre that I'm not that familiar with
I come like a thousand doves
BlackSugar
COMING SOON

Postby Brouhaha » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:51 pm

BlackSugar wrote:so does that mean his gym's plates max out at 25kg? am I reading this wrong? my gym doesn't have barbells so there's a whole gym genre that I'm not that familiar with

lot of gyms have those shorter barbells in set weights in both straight and curl bars. The lightest is 20 or 30lbs, heaviest I've seen at my gym was 120lbs(iirc)
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:53 pm

make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby marble » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:54 pm

i assumed he was doing one arm dumbell curls but i may be wrong. he did say he sits down while doing it, which seems weird for bar curls? idk i don't lift weights i just do bodyweight shit

he's not huge but he thinks he is. he has invisible lat syndrome and talks about how hard it is to buy a blazer that fits because his guns are so big
marble

Postby marble » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:55 pm

i need to figure out a way to get him to clarify without sounding like i'm obsessing over his workout routine
marble

Postby Brouhaha » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:57 pm

make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:04 pm

Brouhaha wrote:Image

on these i generally just superset between 60-80 with wide and close grip
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby virile » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:14 pm

Brouhaha wrote:Image

my gym has these! i do the 40 one with bicep curls :D
virile

Postby Double McDouble » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:29 pm

hey that's what i do too. sometimes with the 50 if i'm feeling like i wanna look super ripped that day
Double McDouble

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:57 pm

i basically left lady wop’s parents house tonight instead of tomorrow just from being around shitloads of awesomely tasty food and it was anxiety-inducing
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby speakers » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:48 am

does anyone use an app to track their reps/sets/load?

i'm keeping notes in "Notes", but there's gotta be some free app that makes this a bit more convenient - any reccs?
speakers

Postby odilon redon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:07 am

is getting high on weed before a weightlifting sesh a bad idea?
odilon redon

Postby virile » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:19 pm

odilon redon wrote:is getting high on weed before a weightlifting sesh a bad idea?

i don't have anything to compare it to so no
virile

Postby conductor » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:47 pm

I've been training for a marathon (40-50 miles/week) and only really started losing weight once I decided to quit sugar and alcohol about a month ago.

Now losing a pound or two a week and truly have no clue how anyone who's not doing insane cardio like this actually loses weight.
conductor

Postby mcwop23 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:47 pm

who nuked their account
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:54 pm

First workout after long layoff last night went okay, struggled a little in the beginning but slowly got into the groove. Did full body, light weights, just machines. Feel pretty out of it today though

I think I'm dying
Last edited by Brouhaha on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:55 pm

mcwop23 wrote:who nuked their account

object

were they banned for some reason?
make it mild

weird opinions
Brouhaha

Postby warmjets » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:59 pm

havent really lifted in a couple months, just been biking and skateboarding all summer. just really tan and lanky and look like shit as always
warmjets

Postby Denise » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:03 pm

Brouhaha wrote:
mcwop23 wrote:who nuked their account

object

were they banned for some reason?

they just wanted posts gone i think they've reregistered
Denise

Postby Jefferson Zeppelin » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:40 am

conductor wrote:I've been training for a marathon (40-50 miles/week) and only really started losing weight once I decided to quit sugar and alcohol about a month ago.

Now losing a pound or two a week and truly have no clue how anyone who's not doing insane cardio like this actually loses weight.

it is possible to gain weight running 90-100 miles per week.

source: it me, in college
Jefferson Zeppelin

Postby BlackSugar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:54 am

my gf told me that I can't take my annual break from the gym until after ren fest season

she got me this gladiator? blacksmith? costume and I need to be ripped as hell to pull it off properly

kinda nice to have a reason to keep pushing into the fall and then I'll just collapse like a building in december for a couple months
I come like a thousand doves
BlackSugar
COMING SOON

Postby Denise » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:56 am

lol
Denise

Postby odilon redon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:22 am

virile wrote:
odilon redon wrote:is getting high on weed before a weightlifting sesh a bad idea?

i don't have anything to compare it to so no

ok i'm gonna get ripped to get ripped today 8-)
odilon redon

Postby cool guy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:27 am

the war on carbs has begun. i'll eat them again when i start exercising, but for now it's probably just easier to cut out pasta and potato, my two loves. i'm at the halfway point of my 30s and it's now or never.
cool guy

Postby virile » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:14 pm

had time to get into yoga before work today. so did that. yesterday's PT session got cancelled cos she slept in so gonna do 3 sessions next week. oooooh. this whole week has been too busy with work. and the next two weeks i'm already booked into overtime so i got a good feeling it's gonna set me back a bit. but on the plus side i'm feeling really guilty on days i don't go to the gym and i do feel bad about not going instead of like relieved or however i would expect myself to feel so that's a good sign? man i don't even know where i'm supposed to schedule that 3rd session next week ugh. fortunately my weekends are still (relatively) unbusy so i'll get a chance to do sat/sun.
virile

Postby virile » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:19 pm

alright SO. saturday nothin. was gonna do the upper body workout that we missed doing on thursday but by the time i got home i was too dead so had a great sleep and got ready for sunday morning. HIIT and yoga. got there on the later bus so just barely made it into HIIT with no time for the little mini-workout before. anyway got through HIIT and killed it. stayed for yoga which was also good. i was also gonna maybe do like a double dip and squeeze in that upper body later in the day but also didn't because i'm lazy! so i still have that one written down in my back pocket i'll whip it out probably next weekend. this week i've got a full load with the missed thursday appt. getting thrown into this week so it'll be today's PT session, yoga, PT, PT, yoga, weekend (sat either nothing or like light cardio maybe or nothing) and then sunday i'll do the HIIT/yoga again. busy week!

so today was another leg day! started with regular warmup on the treadmill then the leg warmup for the workout doing banded walks down the turf with abductors on the end. these sessions seems pretty well-defined so i'm getting used to the routine. started again with barbell squats, this time we started where i finished last time at 95, then moved up to 105, 105 again and finished on 115 for two less reps than the first three (8). then we moved onto walking lunges this time using the barbell (40) instead of individual dumbbells. these aren't getting any easier and i sitll hate them lots. next up was hamstrings but instead of the lying machine this time we did isolated on the cable machine and this one was superset with the banded side-walks. and then we had 5 minutes left so finished up with a burnout doing more cable machine squats 2 sets of 15 reps. and i feel like i'm maybe forgetting something but maybe not.
virile

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....