path of exile unofficial thread

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby broodstar » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:07 am

is there a way to look at other level 70s to see what they're doing

i assume no

everyone seems to hate synthesis. assuming i should just never touch the memory nexus shit?
Last edited by broodstar on Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby banquo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:09 am

broodstar wrote:an overwhelming number of hidden mechanics. ill probably look into crafting as a start

crafting was the biggest learning curve, but it makes all items and their stats finally make sense. it's not overly complicated, but it's still far from intuitive.

attempting to get a stat on an item that cannot happen is probably the worst experience I've had in this game, but it leads to looking into the system and realizing there are logical parameters determining what is going on with them based on ilevel and general base type

banquo

Postby banquo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:10 am

broodstar wrote:is there a way to look at other level 70s to see what they're doing

i assume no

everyone seems to hate synthesis. assuming i should just never touch the memory nexus shit?

On Poe ninja/builds, change the league to one of the SSF. Both hc and normal look like you can view level 80s, and all these are guys who couldn't go and buy their gear in a market

re: synth hate - people hate how much grinding and hording it requires to make good base types. it's another non-intuitive system that is not well shown in game. ok it's not shown at all in game

you can treat those nexus things as little bonus levels with high enemy density that seem to have a higher than normal chance to drop rare items. i've had a lot of good loot & currency drop in there.

while i was leveling (through level 65ish), if i ever fell behind too much on gear i'd always hit those up because 1-3+ rares would drop for me that i could probably use

banquo

Postby broodstar » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:30 pm

alright im starting to own

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/vie ... characters

no one told me about curse on hit + warlord's mark + herald. i had problems of just walking into dense hordes and having my mana evaporate. now i dont even have to cast shit

i've upgraded my gear, mostly capped resists, tried to get as much hp as possible. not sure what else is an easy upgrade (up to ~3c)

thinking about just buying a devouring diadem (http://poe.trade/search/irikomayotarik) for 40c and just walking around with wrath+zealotry+discipline perma-enabled

i also think i need to spec out of acrobatics and just max energy shield/eldritch battery cause thats what the hc guys are doing. maybe buy loreweave (25c) too
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby chandler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:26 am

curse with warlord's mark on hit is really useful to a ton of builds, which is why the not terrible rings with it are like 1ex+

re: acrobatics, unless you are pairing it with phase acrobatics on an evasion build, then yeah spec out of it and spend the points elsewhere
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?

chandler

Postby chandler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:34 am

i would probably upgrade your helmet, should be able to find one with decent life/resist rolls for a few chaos
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?

chandler

Postby banquo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:39 am

broodstar wrote:thinking about just buying a devouring diadem (http://poe.trade/search/irikomayotarik) for 40c

one mistake I made early in was buying a corrupted version of an item thinking I was getting a discount. when it's corrupted, you won't be able to change socket amount, socket color, or quality. I ended up wasting at least 30c+ because of this

also I'd look into finding a cheap-ish 6l chest because any stats are better than a no stat chest.

banquo

Postby chandler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:49 am

if you have 15-20 chaos, now would be the time to upgrade the tabula, i agree

can always scour away rolls on non-corrupted/unique stuff so a blank 6l would be a good place to use some of those essences you've probably gathered

chandler

Postby broodstar » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:42 am

i found an exalted in act 5 lol

i want that maloney's mulcher quiver with 3 sockets so i can level up 9 gems on alternate set because i have no idea what i'm doing with my build yet and i need gems but otoh it's 55 chaos just for 3 additional leveling sockets
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby chandler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:43 am

nice! use poe.trade's currency side to break it into chaos, it's at about 110 right now

chandler

Postby chandler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:44 am

fyi you can buy 20/20 gems for very little on the market

chandler

Postby broodstar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:11 pm

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/vie ... characters

still pretty fun, still no idea what im doing

people love to critique ur clear speed too

debating whteher i should try and push to 100 or start a new toon

is neversink's filter still updated/reliable? i don't really understand the tiered bases that well, but why is it telling me to pick up like claws and harbinger bows when t3 wands seem to sell for more and https://poe.ninja/challenge/base-types?item-type=Bow grove bows/imperial bows as well. does it just not matter until i hit shaper/elder ilvl 84+s?
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby broodstar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:25 pm

also how 2 afford 6l inpulsa's, bottled faith, and headhunters

gonna buy a maloney's mechanism (3 slot quiver) to level up more gems but my friend told me it's not that profitable. idk, seeing 21/20 gems on market seems profitable to me but otoh i've corrupetd 4 gems and only gotten losses so idk if it's weighted evenly
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby broodstar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:48 pm

i also very often enter maps that cost me like 5 chaos only to realize reflect is on
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby banquo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:59 pm

broodstar wrote:people love to critique ur clear speed too. debating whteher i should try and push to 100 or start a new toon

clear speed would definitely help this goal. the amount of xp required to level past 94+ becomes perhaps unbearable for most players. just constant map grinds where one death's xp loss will remove ~8-10+ maps worth of clears (at level 93ish). so if you die at 98 i can't imagine how many map clears that becomes - because after level 93 you start getting ~30% the exp you had been used to before from those same maps. at level 99, it's 4%-6%. There's a great Google sheet for Exp that someone made Here

broodstar wrote:is neversink's filter still updated/reliable? i don't really understand the tiered bases that well

is it reliable? yes. is it perfect for crafting bases? definitely not. there are times where the base filter will NOT show valuable ilev 86 items if they are Magic rather than White or Rare. it always shows all elder/shaper which always drop as rare/uni

since the filter is dynamic to the level of the zone you're in, it will show more worse items in lower maps.

it seems to favor higher tier items of all types for the level zone you're in, even when these aren't valuable. you can customize the filter however you like on https://www.filterblade.xyz/

broodstar wrote:also how 2 afford 6l inpulsa's, bottled faith, and headhunters

gonna buy a maloney's mechanism (3 slot quiver) to level up more gems but my friend told me it's not that profitable.

most people realize they can't/wont ever afford a headhunters. inpulsa's looks fairly cheap(2ex for the item, + ~3-4ex for the 6l), and bottled faith looks a little bit luxury.

i've been able to profit the most by crafting niche items that are very valuable and strangely easy to roll on. that said, it was time consuming and i only ended up with a few ex per session/few days. it's also always a bit of a gamble, but fairly safe if you do it smart.

some people sell crafting recipes, but it's hard to get the word out/obtain some of these because RNG. you can sell spare maps. you can sell really whatever's worth over 2c and it slowly adds up. things worth 1c or less are usually best to wait and sell in bulk anyway

gems just level up so slowly that it's not too worthwhile. you could probably recoup the 40c you pay for the quiver eventually, but this is certainly not a quick money maker
Last edited by banquo on Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banquo

Postby broodstar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:03 pm

how do i get elder influence to spread because my atlas is so fucked

i have to like, keep repeatedly clearing the same mapa only for shaper to come fuck my shit up
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby broodstar » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:25 am

got scammed out of 4 exalt but learning experience
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby banquo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:29 am

broodstar wrote:got scammed out of 4 exalt but learning experience

going to need the story here. did you give a guy an item to craft without requesting collateral?

even people with seemingly respected forum shops can request all negative posts be removed, even if they're trying to prevent others from being scammed. it's a weird system that's lead to strongly favoring getting crafts from streamers (which helps them get richer, faster)

banquo

Postby broodstar » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:37 am

was selling a doctor card for 6.5

guy put in 6 and really slowly put in 70 chaos

i tabbed out to check the exalt:chaos conversion and 70 was good so i hit accept and it was then only 2 exalt

i found another doctor card right after and ive only done like ~50 burial chambers so i cant be too mad
Last edited by broodstar on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby broodstar » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:38 am

but i also definitely can be

fucking russian toon https://www.pathofexile.com/account/vie ... EnglishMan
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby broodstar » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:44 am

are lab enchanted gloves/boots worth a damn or just the helm?
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby banquo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:52 am

broodstar wrote:are lab enchanted gloves/boots worth a damn or just the helm?

it's a free extra stat that doesn't count against your item's implicits or its prefix/suffixes

helm: best, but very tough to get the thing you want. it took me 10-20 runs while 2x enchanting to see the mainskill i was using, and that felt like i got it very quickly/luckily (see below). much easier to just buy an item with it already on, sometimes even if you're going to re-craft the item from scratch
boots: .6% life&mana leech or 2% health/mana regen is great and probably worth buying
hands: nice little bonus so why not, even if you just run through and enchant them yourself.

there's also a prophecy ("twice enchanted", 8c) you can buy & slot in to your prophecy wheel that will 100% allow you to get a 2nd lab enchant in 1 run. if you fail the run, it does not burn the prophecy
Last edited by banquo on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

banquo

Postby broodstar » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:57 am

hm there being 1000+ combinations and me not touching lab seems like its best to just buy a increased storm brand 40% enchant than mucking around with it

edit: yeah, seems pretty ok to buy a +40% dmg helm with 300+ es for 1 exalt http://poe.trade/search/onootutoiasimo
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby banquo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:05 am

broodstar wrote:hm there being 1000+ combinations and me not touching lab seems like its best to just buy a increased storm brand 40% enchant than mucking around with it

the problem is that if you need a shaped version that is ilev 80+, you're going to be paying 1-3ex for a base that is probably sub-optimal

if you do run labs, just bring in a couple ilev 83+ shaper or elder helms that you might be able to resell if it doesn't hit the enchant you want (the top tier "socketed gems are supported by level.." range from ilev 80-83, depending on the skill)

edit: nevermind, it doesn't look like your build needs a shaped/elder helm for the extra 5-7link

banquo

Postby broodstar » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:10 am

could you expand on that? what's the shaper/elder 5-7 link (just adding random skills like hypothermia/innervate?) cause im thinking im only going to bother with one damage skill and that's storm brand on a 6l

can you just stack up mods on items like one beastcraft+delve+shaper/elder+lab enchant or something
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby banquo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:21 am

so on a helm you can get certain support gems for free: http://poeaffix.net/hm-ares.html

so if you can roll 2 of these that you need on a 4link helm, your helm item is basically a 6link, because the bonus on the item is better than the +qual bonus).

here's an example: in a righteous fire build, you can get conc/burning damage on helm, which allows you to be greedy and use kaom's heart (no link chest). the Best in slot RF was adding "horror" (another +30% ele dmg) in addition to conc/burning, which is incredibly hard to roll onto because it requires a 25% chance -- and here you're essence crafting so you don't get the benefit of multiple fossils to encourage better rolls.

similarly, you can get "faster attacks" on elder gloves and save a socket there

you need a shaper or elder base for those elder or shaper chances (see: poeaffix). an item will never be both shaper and elder. you can fossil craft onto an elder or shaper base if you need stats from both of those types(delve and elder, or delve and shaper). i think you can add on beastcrafts like a normal craft from a bench, but it's expensive. a lab enchant is a different thing entirely because it doesn't use prefixes or suffixes

banquo

Postby broodstar » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:36 am

crafting is so much info, just gonna buy quant and run burial chambers like an idiot
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby banquo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:06 pm

i found it best to approach it very specifically: what rolls do I want on a specific item? what are the most important prefixes or suffixes? -- rolling the best stats require certain ilevel on your base, but usually you'll be ok with 82.

if your want a delve stat, you must fossil craft. This is basically fancy alchs/chaos that say "you're more likely to get stats like this, and won't get stats like that". you put the fossil(s) you want into the fossil holders (resonators)

if you want shaper rolls to have a chance, the base item must be shaper. scouring a shaped item will result in a white shaped base.

I wouldn't worry about beast. knowing an item has a spare suffix usually tells you that you can use your bench to craft on a resistance of your choice

banquo

Postby broodstar » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:21 pm

i was looking at aspect of the spider but didnt realize it was an aura

still its 25% reservation vs 50% wrath/zealotry that most people run and offers comparable output. surely the suffix slot is worth 25% mana and a skill gem slot? but then why doesn't everyone run it?

many questions,,,no idea what im doing,,,
🄱🄰🅁🅂.

broodstar

Postby banquo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:27 pm

is it worth it if you have 25% mana res to spare? Yes. Is it comparable to wrath or zealotry output? No. Having wrath+zealotry would be much more damage than one and spider. Spider is way more defensive (move speed reduction - works like an aura but it's not technically an aura).

15% MORE damage (and also extra base damage on wrath) vs. 15% INCREASED damage. More=multiplier. Increased=additive.

it's calculated as: (base damage+increased)*more.

there are far fewer opportunities to get the multiplier higher, so to get your damage higher you want to use them whenever you can
Last edited by banquo on Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banquo

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley