Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby cooly » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:31 pm

nah you do a much better job explaining what i meant than i am doing internetfriend lol, no need to "oops"

edit: i'm totally fine taking criticism for still listening to those albums, and in my original post i was kind of inviting it by trying to make it clear that i understand i might be being inconsistent and adducing pound as another case of a 'politically problematic' artist whose work i can't stop myself from enjoying. the comment about "ghosting" was meant in the sense that it felt more cowardly for me to vanish from the thread than engage with the conversation as someone who still listens to the music, not in the sense that i refuse to "ghost" from kanye fandom.

appreciate the help in figuring out where the confusion was coming from everyone as well as the defenses and criticisms. this has been a kind of silly page but it's partly my fault for failing to see the ambiguity in my sentence and responding to the wrong things. oh well.
Last edited by cooly on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
can wrote:old lady [whispering]
cooly

Postby Jimmy Firecracker » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:35 pm

a lot of people publicly disavowed him yesterday after the trump meeting so i interpreted cooly' s "ghost" as that same action. seems reasonable for me to have done so! but, my bad cooly
Jimmy Firecracker

Postby Bad Craziness » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:06 pm

Bad Craziness

Postby came to wreck » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:24 pm

cooly wrote:
Jimmy Firecracker wrote:
cooly wrote:
probably a dumb post to make but bc i was one of the most vocal supporters of the musical content of 'ye' itt i figured it might be kinda dishonest of me to ghost as he commits harder and harder to this..

this seems incredibly republican

i'm not sure what is republican about coming into a thread i've posted in 1,000 times and saying 'yeah this sucks, even tho i still love the music, and will still listen to yandhi when it arrives. but yea it sucks.' idk people have been calling for forest design to return to the thread and comment and i feel like cronos and i are the closest thing we got.

you realize ppl just wanted forest design to return so they can yell at him and get to argue someone and call him republican and shit tho right? they dont actually want him to return except on some weird needing to vent and hate something directly in front of them tip

tip had the best take yesterday tho...
came to wreck

Postby big zorb » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:34 pm

that weird and bizarre motivation to tell someone who supports fascists to fuck off...
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby RIXX » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:54 pm

this has an annotation that FEC records show kanye donated $2,700 to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign
RIXX

Postby ripersnifle » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:59 pm

miko mido wrote:

never posted this but apropos of nothing outside of thinking about how life of pablo had a lot of what makes his current personality so odious but. i think a lot about how the demo track chance the rapper made for waves has him imitating frank ocean's vocal style during the chorus. then kanye decided to put chris brown, the guy who assaulted him and called him a f*****t on it instead, another guy who's normalization is horrific and bizarre. giving that a guy a chorus about letting life come at you and the past be the past . then after that sequenced waves like two songs before frank's own feature on the album. Love Everyone.
this is a really good post. continued amplification of CB was something that i think i tried to rationalize as (one of) TLOP's many contradictions.
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
ripersnifle

Postby odilon redon » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:46 pm

up until the present moment i’ve always enjoyed kanye’s music on a near exclusively aesthetic level i.e. soaking up the beats and productions, since i don’t really care about lyrics in general, even in hip hop, and have subsequently pretty much ignored or hand waived the awful clunker kw lines “asian pussy sweet and sour sauce” based upon how transcendently good the music was.

but 2018 maga kanye has exhausted any patience i had for filtering his stupid bullshit and really even the ability to do that, when listening to his music. and i really don’t see myself being able to enjoy his past music on any level anymore because of that, let alone any future music which i’m sure will not skimp on the stupid bullshit

basically i’m just done with this guy and his creative output now for good i think
E|---------------------|
B|---------------------|
G|-2-2-2-0^(0)-2^3^2-0
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|
odilon redon

Postby ripersnifle » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:44 pm

i dunno why - it's prob an arbitrary line i'm drawing for myself - but yesterday was just unimaginably bad and i'm out. watching some of those excerpts from the meeting on twitter was awful, seeing the pic with Pence, etc.
gonna try not to come back in here for Yandhi or anything.
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
ripersnifle

Postby saranclaps » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:52 pm

i'll fuck with tropical iceland. i once heard it in an albertson's.

Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby Ersaph » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:00 am

Has anyone heard the Matthew Friedberger solo albums?

Classic/Dud?
And I feel like this year is really about, just the year of realizing stuff.
Ersaph

Postby Cronos » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Cronos

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:53 pm

It's crazy how he's gone from the guy who I legitimately thought was brave in saying "George Bush doesn't care about black people" to this
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby black mamba » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:41 pm

ripersnifle wrote:i dunno why - it's prob an arbitrary line i'm drawing for myself - but yesterday was just unimaginably bad and i'm out. watching some of those excerpts from the meeting on twitter was awful, seeing the pic with Pence, etc.
gonna try not to come back in here for Yandhi or anything.

so kanye west went to meet the president and, showed him a picture of the plane he was working on with apple (which was actually just a picture he found on the internet) then he hugged the president and said i love you and then the president called him a 'smart cookie'. isn't kanye west almost 40?

remember when kanye west got mad when jimmy kimmel got a kid to read his tweets? now he's treating the president like he's his dad? honestly this is the first time i've felt like he's having a serious psychotic episode so to answer your question user ripersnifle i don't really think this week is an arbitrary moment to say you're done
black mamba
ok

Postby black mamba » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:45 pm

oh yeah after he met the president he went to the dc apple store and got up on a table and gave a 'speech'.

if any non celebrity did that would they not be committed?
black mamba
ok

Postby Franco » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Some helpful, perspective-lending posts from black mamba
Franco

Postby Bad Craziness » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 pm

the Trump stuff is truly awful and bad

but the fact that Kanye is collaborating with Apple executives in his imagination is a very special kind of sad
Bad Craziness

Postby spix et chicho » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:19 pm

"I'm making a plane with Apple, here's a picture of it" (shows a picture of the Challenger shuttle exploding)
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
spix et chicho

Postby Franco » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:19 pm

I just watched Whitney (2018). I don’t have have anything substantive to say about it in comparison at the moment. But I’ve been very careful about coming down on Kanye’s week as a result.
Franco

Postby scurrydog » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:15 pm

It’s crazy that he has some people who have worked for him, that have done legitimately awesome stuff. Then there’s definitely a huge subset of grifters just riding the crazy Kanye money train
love you guys!
scurrydog
ok

Postby Franco » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Whitney was a national punchline for +-15 years. Only looking back on that given my age can I see how shameful that was at the time.

Kanye’s music was there for me at very formative periods of my life but I can’t imagine a time when I can listen to even his older stuff without feeling bad. My switch turned off in April. But I also don’t want to join the current judgment on him because it’s starting to feel like this is headed to an even more dire place
Franco

Postby Franco » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 pm

I don’t mean to say anyone here is treating this like a joke. It’s all good contribution. But the world is. And our President and his staff is.

Hopeful that those who personally love him see it differently
Franco

Postby dada » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:33 pm

idk what to think, but I'm listening to crack music
dada

Postby object » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:39 pm

fuck kanye. how bout that
object

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:53 pm

spix et chicho wrote:"I'm making a plane with Apple, here's a picture of it" (shows a picture of the Challenger shuttle exploding)

:lol:
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:55 pm

I just watched the movie Kanye Is A Bozo (2018) and so I have no problem coming down on Kanye
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby palmer eldritch » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:57 pm

I wish no one would pay attention to this guy but they do
palmer eldritch

Postby palmer eldritch » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:58 pm

if I had a wish to make it would not be that, I guess. I made amistake
palmer eldritch

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:04 am

Shoulda wished for infinite wishes first
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby thanksbutnothanksman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:10 am

i saw eleanor friedberger a few weeks ago. she did a rockabilly version of blueberry boat and a lot of songs from personal record and it was pretty nice. i have never seen matthew friedberger and i don't know his solo music all that well, but i'm sure he's nice too.

this is my way of saying that i do think it's time to revisit the fiery furnaces.
thanksbutnothanksman

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....