Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Kaputt » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:31 am

something sensible if wrote:i kinda feel like he's pushed to greatness in spite of her. i sorta understand that mentality. just a guess.

If your partner is holding you back from greatness because she wants unreasonable things like to live in a home with you and to go for ice cream then end the relationship. It's incredibly shitty to treat her like she's holding him back.

Why do you hate her, clouds? From the film and that interview she just seems like a normal person who loves someone that is incapable of giving her the same in return.

Kaputt

Postby something sensible if » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:54 pm

it seems plausible to me that she's attracted to him in part because of his celebrity and for being probably the greatest free solo climber of all time. i suggest that it is possibly her desire for him to settle down (into normalcy/mediocrity) that actually pushes him further.
something sensible if

Postby dvr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:59 pm

clouds wrote:

Reading tweets to remind myself never to date anyone that tweets

dvr

Postby dvr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:14 pm

Christina probably lived her 20s with a record player and a bed and stuff

dvr

Postby clouds » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Kaputt wrote:
something sensible if wrote:i kinda feel like he's pushed to greatness in spite of her. i sorta understand that mentality. just a guess.

If your partner is holding you back from greatness because she wants unreasonable things like to live in a home with you and to go for ice cream then end the relationship. It's incredibly shitty to treat her like she's holding him back.

Why do you hate her, clouds? From the film and that interview she just seems like a normal person who loves someone that is incapable of giving her the same in return.

probably for the same reasons alex honnold hates her, only i would never date anyone i hated and then emotionally abuse them for years out of spite. i'm obviously using hate in a hyperbolic way but i dislike everything i know about her. she doesn't at all seem like someone i'd enjoy being around.

remember the (2) compliments he gave her in the film? she is cute and small so she doesn't take up much space in the van. critiques? dropped me on the rocks, wants a big house, wants fancy appliances, tries to talk to me with her dumb face, isn't ok with me dying etc, thinks it's sad when people die, etc, etc

her personality is grating to me, the way she said ciao and went back to sleep when he did the free solo of el cap has never left my head, her lifestyle 1-800-#vanlife coaching thing makes my skin crawl, i question her motivations for meeting/dating him not only because of how she sought him out but because of the "ciao" type emotional disconnect for him she seems to have. she seems to want him to change things about himself he's obviously doe not want to change. in his defense it seems he was honest about it upfront. but all weighed out i decree he is the bad guy because he is mean to her and she's just annoying. the both seem to dislike a ton of major traits in each other, but he is being shittier about it so the onus is on him to cut the shit out and.or leave her. there's my freesolo speculative goss.

clouds

Postby clouds » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:28 pm

dvr wrote:Christina probably lived her 20s with a record player and a bed and stuff

i don't even know who she is, i was sent that tweet after discussing the article the screenshot is from article with someone.

clouds

Postby dvr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:32 pm

that article link didn't work for me btw

Edit: nm now it does

dvr

Postby clouds » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:34 pm

http://www.xgames.com/gen/article/27494 ... issue-2019

this is probably the best of the article:

"Do you feel like you've actually changed your level of empathy or do you feel like you've gotten better at anticipating when empathy should come into play?" Sanni asks.

"I'm memorizing my lines," he says

clouds

Postby clouds » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:38 pm

this isn't just a honnold thing, i have know a ton of guys mostly through work that seem to thoroughly hate their girlfriends/wives. it just seems so weird to me. marriages aren't arranged here no one made you live with a woman you dislike.

clouds

Postby dvr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Him having a girlfriend probably takes quite a bit of attention/focus off himself and makes him more acceptable/marketable. He probably loves this aspect of the relationship

dvr

Postby gazedo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:47 am

i would 100% watch every episode of of a reality tv show following the everyday life of alex and sanni. my favorite part of free solo was when they get the house in vegas and go to home depot to buy a fridge and he gets that small one that doesn't fit in his suburban mcmansion. they were at the same crag as some friends and me this winter and i can report they are just as dysfunctional in person as they seem in the media. this probably doesn't say anything great about me, but i am very fascinated / entertained by the interaction of her vanilla personality and his sociopath brain.

gazedo

Postby something sensible if » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:14 pm

nah i'd watch it too

i've been climbing again. i ordered some larger shoes because my left toe has an injury that prevents me from putting much pressure on it. idc if i never get very good at climbing, just want to be able to do it for a long time. actually i just looked it up and it seems that your toes are not supposed to be jammed/curled up into the front of Evolv Defys so i basically am just an idiot who climbed in too small shoes for a long time.
something sensible if

Postby dvr » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:28 pm

edit:

dvr

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....