You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:24 pm

idk what refining is yet

palmer eldritch

Postby Meeps » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:29 pm

Have you been choosing which GF abilities to level up? You can use them to turn items into magic, and cards into items
Smooth lever mechanism and large press chamber EMPOWER the AVERAGE AMERICAN with minimal grip strength, lessening the food preparation time so that you can FOCUS on creating dishes on par with professional chefs.

Meeps

Postby mcwop23 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:33 pm

triple triad with all rules in effect all refining endless tier 3-5 cards
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby Meeps » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:41 pm

Viz wrote:My Final Fantasy IX playthrough is getting pretty rough and I have to really convince myself to play it through to the end.

I didn't pay attention to the Zombie status so I had no clue why I couldn't use Phoenix Down or Life on dead Eiko.

Random enemies with instant kill attacks are the worst.

This is where I'm at now. I just turned off the game when I realized what happened since I don't have any way to cure Zombie right now. I guess I'll just go through the rest of the dungeon with random encounters turned off? Seems kind of stupid. I guess I should go back and check if the last Moogle sold something to cure it.

Also, IX on the Switch crashes for me at least once every time I play it. Thankfully, the auto-save is good so I rarely lose more than a minute of progress, but still annoying.
Smooth lever mechanism and large press chamber EMPOWER the AVERAGE AMERICAN with minimal grip strength, lessening the food preparation time so that you can FOCUS on creating dishes on par with professional chefs.

Meeps

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:06 pm

Meeps wrote:Have you been choosing which GF abilities to level up? You can use them to turn items into magic, and cards into items

that's wild

palmer eldritch

Postby Durham » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:48 am

chairkicker wrote:here's something: http://imgur.com/a/shRaP

Durham

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:07 am

i didnt make it too far last night .. I think that they told me to go to somewhere called timber? idk where that is I guess i need to look it up

palmer eldritch

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:14 am

PIcked up my Parasite Eve game again last night. Made it to the Eve fight at the Statue of Liberty, but without ANY healing items, kept dying after a drawn-out fight.

realized i had another save a bit back, stocked up on health then wrecked her :twisted:

on Day 6 now which i assume is the last one at this point (i thought that eve was gonna be the last boss!)

i generally only have 1 RPG going at once, so now i'm not sure which of these i wanna do next (haven't played any)

ni no kuni
super mario rpg
ff VI
ff VIII
ff IX
earthbound

i've only played ff I, IV and VII, and probably liked IV the best so I'm leaning towards VI if i play a final fantasy (though it would be the snes version)
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Kenny » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:57 am

FF7 spoiler:
https://twitter.com/smarxist_/status/11 ... 1004028928

edit: hm it seems you can't spoil a tweet?
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby VHB » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:59 am

Kenny wrote:FF7 spoiler:
https://twitter.com/smarxist_/status/11 ... 1004028928

edit: hm it seems you can't spoil a tweet?

...it's because Twitter is already inherently spoiled...
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby axelrod gunnarson » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:03 am

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:PIcked up my Parasite Eve game again last night. Made it to the Eve fight at the Statue of Liberty, but without ANY healing items, kept dying after a drawn-out fight.

realized i had another save a bit back, stocked up on health then wrecked her :twisted:

on Day 6 now which i assume is the last one at this point (i thought that eve was gonna be the last boss!)

i generally only have 1 RPG going at once, so now i'm not sure which of these i wanna do next (haven't played any)

ni no kuni
super mario rpg
ff VI
ff VIII
ff IX
earthbound

i've only played ff I, IV and VII, and probably liked IV the best so I'm leaning towards VI if i play a final fantasy (though it would be the snes version)

SMRPG is a stone cold classic, as is FFVI. Can't go wrong with either one.

axelrod gunnarson
ok

Postby figaro » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:12 am

def save ni no kuni for last because all those other games are so much better

figaro

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:14 am

yeah i figured it's probably not amazing, i think i got it free or cheap on PSN sometime. and i've been on a ghibli kick lately so i remembered it.

yeah i'll probably do one of the SNES games, plus those are probably the shortest
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby my piano » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:02 pm

i picked up an old FFIV save i barely started a forever ago the other night, playing the original FF2 usa release because i dunno, why not. just woke up rosa and grinding for a random silver ring drop (already have one for edward and rydia) outside of damycan because i do pointless things in these games out of habit.
loss and gain

my piano

Postby my piano » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:22 pm

edward getting a crit with his harp is pretty sick tbh
loss and gain

my piano

Postby Infinite Jost » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Barret 2020

Infinite Jost

Postby Debbie » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Lol

Debbie

Postby my piano » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:28 pm

what's up SWORDRAT bet you can't handle this REALLY LOUD NOTE ON MY HARP
loss and gain

my piano

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:35 pm

Durham wrote:
chairkicker wrote:here's something: http://imgur.com/a/shRaP

love this
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:35 pm

Debbie wrote:Lol
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby goofy's dead wife » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:36 pm

i love the atmosphere of ff8 so much

i don't actually feel a drive to continue the plot after about the point at the start of disc 3 where squall carries rinoa to estharToggle Spoiler which is one of the most striking images in any final fantasy but i just keep dicking around in the world, playing triple triad even tho squall is doing like 30k per renzokuken which he can just spam in every boss fight. no random encounters. idk games appeal is completely different than most other games in the series but it's really special to me.
"I want to have a wedding that's shunned by society. I want to have a baby everyone disapproves of. I want to get nastier and nastier. I love that he accepts everything about me, no matter how far I stray off the proper path of a human being"

goofy's dead wife

Postby my piano » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:11 pm

okay i got my silver ring finally in an encounter where a edward confused a tinymage that turned around and immediately cast death on him which was pretty funny

then i found this site https://guides.gamercorner.net/ffiv/monsters/cocatris and apparently summons are random drops in this game? fucking wild
loss and gain

my piano

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:19 pm

my piano wrote:okay i got my silver ring finally in an encounter where a edward confused a tinymage that turned around and immediately cast death on him which was pretty funny

then i found this site https://guides.gamercorner.net/ffiv/monsters/cocatris and apparently summons are random drops in this game? fucking wild

i’m pretty sure that i went mad trying to get an Imp summon after randomly stumbling upon it one play through

i also swear i got a zeus gauntlet as a drop in the cave of eblan and i never managed to again despite killing myself trying to
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby my piano » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:31 am

okay it's a 0.39% chance on a very rare to get the drop not accounting for needing to get a valid encounter first

i'm tempted but no i won't do this to myself. this is the kind of shit that caused you to believe in those made-up playground game secrets.
loss and gain

my piano

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:01 pm

man, the part AFTER the final boss in Parasite Eve is infuriating. I died the first time cause i didnt know how to exit the ship, then realized there's a save point early on, so the second time i tried that, and it doesn't work, and that slowed me down enough that the thing ate me. lol fun game other than that bullshit cause you gotta fight them all again and can't skip cutscenes

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby mcwop23 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:01 pm

Infinite Jost wrote:
mcwop23 wrote:love junctioning water early

nothing compared to tornado :twisted:

spent the past 30 minutes trying to get abyss worms
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby Durham » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:17 pm

Doin 4 and 12 simultaneously now. Just finished Mt Ordeal and just got out of the mine at Bhujerba. Is it fair to say I’m halfway through 4 and a third through 12?

Durham

Postby brent » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:36 pm

i feel like the initial lhusu mines are like maybe 1/10th thru ffxii, but i also did a lot of sidequest stuff. no way near 1/3rd tho iirc

brent

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:41 pm

i'm at what appears to be the point of no returnToggle Spoiler in ff8 and i know there are several sidequests that NPCs have alluded to that i haven't even started to tackle. missed one or two GFs. not even close to getting all the cards i want. but at this point it feels like i can't really fix those things without extra effort

think i'm gonna beat the game and then start a follow-the-FAQ kind of playthrough. there's so much happening in this game. it rules

struttin' evil mushroom

Postby palmer eldritch » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:48 pm

I got to the train the other night.

ImageToggle Spoiler

this game is really great. I lost to the fake president. it's nice to lose to a boss fight. a lot of status ailments for so early in the game.

palmer eldritch

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....