Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby wolfie » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:18 pm

personally, one thing i find maddening is that you can't see your settings on the top of a lot of mirrorless cameras. fuji is great because with like an x-t1 you can just glance down and know your shutter speed, iso, aperture, drive mode, metering mode. it's all right there, no diving into menus and other nonsense like that. that's one reason i can't stand sonys. olympus as well.... fifty thousand different functions and no way to know what they are unless you do various forms of menu diving, looking through the viewfinder, stuff like that. completely annoying if you ask me.

at least with a dslr you get this shit on the top LCD. well, you don't get that on consumer models, but as i said above buy used good shit and you're golden.
אחד

"our in-toilet cameras show people are shitting all over these toilets"

wolfie

Postby wolfie » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:24 pm

אחד

wolfie

Postby wolfie » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Lol 375 for an xt1

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1559280

I mean that leaves you six hundo for lenses. Grab the 23 f2, 50 f2 and you're done.

Or a 18-55 f2.8-4 and hold 300 bucks til you can save more. The 14 2.8 is nize
אחד

wolfie

Postby incoherent grunting » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:28 pm

Wow thanks!
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."

incoherent grunting

Postby wolfie » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:19 pm

N o problem

Like half of those already sold. But decide what you want and just keep an eye on that board and you'll get it.

Concerning buying on FM, just always buy from established sellers with positive feedbacks, and always pay with PayPal so you're protected. Never use PayPal gift to save 3%.

But established folks on that board are really pretty good. I've done like 20 transactions through there with no problems
אחד

wolfie

Postby wolfie » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:20 pm

PS create an account there and then you'll have proper search functionality and be able to see people's feedback
אחד

wolfie

Postby hi-res » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:56 pm

do you wanna buy my Olympus OM-D E-M5?

hi-res

Postby Architecture » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:24 pm

Man, I am thinking of going FF mirrorless

That Nikon Z6 looks mighty attractive...
try the data then reply

Architecture
ok

Postby brittle » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:20 pm

incoherent grunting wrote:Photography pholk,
Is something like the Canon EOS M100, or the A6000 (i.e. mirrorless with swappable lenses under $1000CAD) worth getting for someone interested in taking better quality photos and developing their interest as a hobby? Is the quality good enough to warrant a stand-alone camera, and the capability enough to keep me interested in it beyond what a point and shoot does?

I do a lot of outdoor stuff and am always disappointed by the quality of the photos my pixel takes, plus I want to take some long-lasting photos of our growing family and wonder if a dedicated camera would be worthwhile.

Thanks!

I love my a6000

But not enough to take it with me when I do anything. I thought getting a decent camera would change things, but worrying about it getting lost, broke or dirty means I only grab it when I'm heading out to take pictures.

Also, because of my job, I can't help but come home and immediately dump, cull, and process my photos. So just a few hundred clicks ends up eating up most of the day.

brittle

Postby incoherent grunting » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:27 pm

hi-res wrote:do you wanna buy my Olympus OM-D E-M5?

maybe?
There's an Olympus OM-D E-M10 II with a 40-150mm lens going for $400CDN ($300~)
IS THAT GOODD?
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."

incoherent grunting

Postby deadwolfbones » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:32 pm

That's pretty good but you'd wanna get another wider lens.
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby shizaam » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:07 pm

wolfie wrote:personally, one thing i find maddening is that you can't see your settings on the top of a lot of mirrorless cameras. fuji is great because with like an x-t1 you can just glance down and know your shutter speed, iso, aperture, drive mode, metering mode. it's all right there, no diving into menus and other nonsense like that. that's one reason i can't stand sonys. olympus as well.... fifty thousand different functions and no way to know what they are unless you do various forms of menu diving, looking through the viewfinder, stuff like that. completely annoying if you ask me.

at least with a dslr you get this shit on the top LCD. well, you don't get that on consumer models, but as i said above buy used good shit and you're golden.

yeah, even though my x-t2 isn't full frame and might lag behind sony's autofocus, the buttons are just fantastic and I can pretty much nail manual adjustments by feel at this point (e.g. bumping up exposure compensation, iso, etc...).

shizaam

Postby incoherent grunting » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:23 pm

Are lenses for Olympus/Fuji/Cannon/Sony all generally comparable in price, or are there more expensive systems?

incoherent grunting

Postby Fullscreen » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Olympus is micro 4/3, a sensor format that generally has much cheaper lenses than aps-c and full frame equivalents

an olympus 12-40mm f2.8 is around $850-900 new. the cannon L-series lens it's meant to compete with, the 24-70 f2.8, is maybe $1600 new.

that's not taking into account the relative quality of their respective autofocus motors or motion stabilization, though the reputation of lumix and olympus's top shelf lenses is good in general. the format has some quality 3rd party support, too, voightlander makes a set of f0.95 primes for m4/3.
Last edited by Fullscreen on Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doomedhuh wrote:only love can break your heart

Fullscreen

Postby Fullscreen » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Speaking of 3rd party, sigma makes an 18-35 f1.8 zoom for aps-c cameras. Constant f1.8 throughout the entire focal range is pretty much unheard-of speed for a consumer zoom.

You could adapt this to a micro 4/3 camera with a speedbooster, which iirc would give it an equivalent f stop of 1.2 and a focal range of ~24-50. The booster is expensive in itself, but the two pieces together would cost about as much as a cannon L-series zoom.

Fullscreen

Postby incoherent grunting » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Would I be a dumbfuck idiot to spend $300US on a X-T10 in 2018?
The x-1 just aren't going for cheap enough here (Canada) to buy along with a couple lenses. X-t20 would be sick too, but they're super expensive comparatively.

Maybe once the x-3 are actually shipping prices will drop a bit more...

incoherent grunting

Postby wolfie » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:28 pm

אחד

wolfie

Postby wolfie » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:31 pm

like if i can have something i can mount M lenses on where they actually work and the body doesn't cost $6000

would be bitching
אחד

wolfie

Postby Fullscreen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:10 pm

Fullscreen wrote:Speaking of 3rd party, sigma makes an 18-35 f1.8 zoom for aps-c cameras. Constant f1.8 throughout the entire focal range is pretty much unheard-of speed for a consumer zoom.

You could adapt this to a micro 4/3 camera with a speedbooster, which iirc would give it an equivalent f stop of 1.2 and a focal range of ~24-50. The booster is expensive in itself, but the two pieces together would cost about as much as a cannon L-series zoom.

interested in this viltrox ef-m2, metabones knockoff at ~1/3 the price.

any apsc people fuck with tamron? the 17-50 would give me a 24-70 f2 for a few bills less than the sigma art zoom.

Fullscreen

Postby warmjets » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:13 pm

Sigma and Tamron zooms are fine. Just be aware if you buy new, their value doesn't hold as well as Canon/Nikon if you decide to resell.

I had a Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 with my old Canon Rebel and I fucking loved that lens.

warmjets

Postby Fullscreen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:13 pm

as I'm starting to shoot again I bought a little glidecam ultra-shot, convertible shoulder stock, monopod and kinda-sorta stabilizer. feels like I'm in school again.

Fullscreen

Postby fizzle » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:11 am

picked up a Canon M50 with the 22mm f2 this week for traveling and casual snapshots, so far seems pretty sick and it's my first mirrorless. I'm a pro studio photographer and wanted something small when I don't wanna lug my 5D kit around. Anybody fuck with this jawn?
you got it dude

fizzle

Postby fizzle » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:19 pm

missed this

Cone wrote:Also the M50 looks p neat for the price

All my lenses are EF mount so if I go Fuji I’d have to get adapters but all my lenses are also shit. Still feeling pretty sold on the XT-2

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/circuitbreaker/2018/2/25/17046370/canon-m50-mirrorless-specs-price-release-date

With the M50, Canon’s also updating its desktop backup software. The new version, simply called Image Transfer Utility 2, will let the camera start sending photos over to a computer as soon as it attaches to a user’s home Wi-Fi network.

this is sick as hell, just set up a Capture 1 session specifically for this camera and auto wifi dumping raws into capture folders sorted by date (yyyy_mm_dd). but goddamn it's slow to transfer.
you got it dude

fizzle

Postby powderfinger » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:31 am

Just got an X-T30 and the 23mm f2 lens. Really excited about this combo.

I like my a6000 quite a bit but I never invested in any autofocus lenses beyond the kit lens and was relying on some adapted old lenses and the Rokinon 12mm (which I love). I just could not pull the trigger on any of the Sony APS-C lenses and their full frame ecosystem is too rich for my blood. The Fuji primes seem vastly better (I'll probably get one of the 35mms and rebuy the Rokinon 12mm). The 18-55mm (or the upcoming 16-80mm f4) and 55-200mm will cover my zoom needs better and more affordably than Sony.

Plus the aperture ring on the lens and marked dials for shutter speed and exposure comp will be so much more enjoyable to use than Sony. My wife needs to learn some photography basics for work and I feel like this will be a far more intuitive system for her. The a6000 confused the hell out of her every time she picked up.

powderfinger

Postby fizzle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:41 am

nice you're stoked. ended up with the canon over the sony for similar reasons. picked this thing up a while ago and it is sick as hellllll
you got it dude

fizzle

Postby Cone » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:47 am

I bought a 27mm Fuji lens for my X-T2 when I went to Tokyo back in September and I love it so much. I use it about 90% of the time when I’m just casually taking pictures because it’s so compact and convenient.

Cone

Postby warmjets » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:50 am

need to sell my Fuji X100T because i never use it, would let it go for pretty cheap. anyone want it?

warmjets

Postby powderfinger » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:51 am

sincerely hope my wife actually takes to this because then I can use joint money to build out a proper kit rather than scraping together a couple hundred bucks at a time from my discretionary funds, cheaping out on everything, and never having decent glass

the availability of cheap older bodies will be great too; I'd love to add an X-E2/3 so we can both carry a camera on vacation

powderfinger

Postby deadwolfbones » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:19 am

warmjets wrote:need to sell my Fuji X100T because i never use it, would let it go for pretty cheap. anyone want it?

name yr price
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby warmjets » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:32 am

$375

warmjets

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....