Videogame Thread

Let's talk hats

Postby chairkicker » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:56 pm

holy shit chrono cross

and when i was asking for other jrpgs vaguely like it on the other page, i didn't strictly mean recommend me jrpgs post-2007 that remind you of chrono cross - there are plenty of 5th and 6th gen jrpgs i've never played

chairkicker

Postby chairkicker » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:04 pm

fuck. anyway, banjo kazooie: nuts and bolts is so much better than i ever gave it credit for being. it's inventive and charming as fuck once it opens up. i bought this at launch and only made it as far as unlocking the third world, which is just barely scratching the surface of how the game wants you to experiment with its vehicles. and those vehicles are a blast, let down really only by many of the tasks you're given to do with them. rare's always has a problem with filler but when so many objectives, and so much of the game design, are hinging on the kind of "find these three things", "race these three laps", "jump on these three switches" game design rare has long abused since banjo kazooie, it takes so much of the air out of what is a pretty deeply realized physics sandbox

but fuck it, i'm speeding through the busy work enjoying this goofy game that i never knew i actually loved

chairkicker

Postby New Improved Alaska » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:13 pm

Bob511 wrote:
New Improved Alaska wrote:i wonder how easy ps3s are to hack, and also if my famliy will let me hack the one that they use to watch movies or whatever on, and also if they'll let me steal it forever
The original fat PS3s have to be the easiest consoles ever to mod; it's all software and really straightforward. If you're not careful, though, you can get the console blacklisted from PSN, and while you can still use most streaming apps, keeping them up to date (do they still update PS3 apps?) might be more than your family can manage.

I guess some of the later slims are more or less limited to piracy, though.

oh wow ty! good info
alaska1 wrote:I always look to something new amazing for more pleasure.

New Improved Alaska

Postby New Improved Alaska » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:14 pm

they have a smart tv so i think it's literally just a dvd/blu-ray player at this point lol

New Improved Alaska

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:35 pm

Ratthew wrote:
Gussie Fink-Nottle wrote:
Smiling Penner-Lite wrote:Did anyone play Death's Door on XBox?

It's out for PS and Switch now, feels like I should buy the Switch version although that might just be Hades muscle memory.

Oh! I wanna play this - I saw some footage and it reminded me of Hyper Light Drifter as well as Hades.

I was following this for a long time on Steam but ultimately decided against it when I heard it's only 9 hours long

Would appreciate some actual feedback also though if anybody took the leap

I mean, it's $27 Canadian for the PS5 version. Probably worth 9 hours.

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby broodstar » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:10 pm

well i replaced the level 80 support weapon i was using for ganyu with her level 90 BiS 4* and she does nearly double her damage. i guess good stats do matter a lot. she's truly busted.

i was using stringless to give to my venti but i managed to pull 5* elegy en route to homa so now i guess it's just wasted

the only constellations left i care about are bennett xingqiu and diona, and unfortunately it seems bennett is on the albedo/eula banner which i have no desire to roll on

working on trying to r5 the catch and get that up and running and still no idea why im playing this game. im basically out of all stocked up resin and am now back to the cant-play-more-than-10-minutes-a-day-grind

broodstar

Postby New Improved Alaska » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:13 pm

Yeah but did u get the kfc thing

New Improved Alaska

Postby broodstar » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:17 pm

KFC glider event isn't popular with the game's biggest streamers

broodstar

Postby jca » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:22 pm

broodstar wrote:well i replaced the level 80 support weapon i was using for ganyu with her level 90 BiS 4* and she does nearly double her damage. i guess good stats do matter a lot. she's truly busted.

i was using stringless to give to my venti but i managed to pull 5* elegy en route to homa so now i guess it's just wasted

the only constellations left i care about are bennett xingqiu and diona, and unfortunately it seems bennett is on the albedo/eula banner which i have no desire to roll on

working on trying to r5 the catch and get that up and running and still no idea why im playing this game. im basically out of all stocked up resin and am now back to the cant-play-more-than-10-minutes-a-day-grind

hoping i get some benny constellations, but i think the game wants me to play rosaria, ive got her at like c4 lvl 20

jca

Postby broodstar » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:28 pm

the best constellation for bennett is just c1 tbh, and you don't even want to unlock his c6 even if you get it

here's some bookmarked resources in case u dont have them:
team comps
builds

i think i have a lot of rosaria as well, maybe even c6, and truthfully she's a good enough unit but she's just not in any team comps so i'm not buildingher

i don't even have 8 workable units to do floor 12 and i'm trying desperately to get my raiden up to like 60 or 70 with talents unlocked in the next 7 days. my zhongli and hutao are literally on the bench at level 1, so im not really interested in building anything more up.

broodstar

Postby jca » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:37 pm

yeah i dont have anywhere to put her since my diona's pretty built up. i think once i get eula ill 36 star abyss, been farming for her the last few days. should have r5 catch once maintenance is done. its all coming together. i think i'll just work on getting everyone from talent lvl 8 to 9 then crown bennet or something, or wait for kazuha...or build up some people on the bench. i still have 50 fragile resin at ar 53 so it should be quick

jca

Postby broodstar » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:43 pm

i think ganyu is leaked to be the rerun in 2.4 in case that influences your decision of rolling, but i also do think you should prioritize whatever you find fun first and foremost, and that ganyu might be a tad overrated

the only things im left interested in rolling far is just kazuha, maybe ganyu c1 or raiden c2, and mistsplitter or jadecutter if they're ever on a decent banner, and that's pretty much it until the next good support or archon. maybe childe or ayaka or xiao if i get super bored.

although i wouldn't have gotten anywhere as underleveled as i am without ganyu. but every time the game throws a cryo enemy at me i just have to go 'lol guess i'll skip this'
Last edited by broodstar on Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

broodstar

Postby jca » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:46 pm

yeah i like her design and she wrecked everything when i played her in 2.1 but im not the biggest fan of bows. the two new girls in 2.4 seem cool though i dont think i have enough spears for everyone

jca

Postby broodstar » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:51 pm

i think the homa banner was pretty lit but i exited well before 240 pulls so who the fuck knows, but i got elegy+homa in about ~120, and a decent handful of 4*s including wavebreaker fins and sacrificial swords

zhongli just uses 3* black tassel if you ever get him, and between raiden/xl/hutau if you have her, you get one r5 catch and need 1-2 more which i guess you'll have to make to do with a billet weapon (or deathmatch if you buy the bp)

broodstar

Postby broodstar » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:16 pm

oh also I'm extremely out of XP books and I don't even have one level 90

broodstar

Postby loaf angel » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:47 pm

any sweet deals on games incoming?
petrichor wrote:We used to talk about Animal Collective. We were promised four walls and adobe slabs. The millennial generation never got it. Now we have Prester John. He is breaking down.

loaf angel

Postby broodstar » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:00 pm

you can get a kfc glider if you buy two tier 1 twitch subscriptions

broodstar

Postby Bob511 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:02 pm

New Improved Alaska wrote:they have a smart tv so i think it's literally just a dvd/blu-ray player at this point lol

(An unmodded) one's still ours too. :oops:
Eric Roberts wrote:Hipinion. Hipinion? Hipinion...is hip.

Bob511

Postby Bob511 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:05 pm

The modded one eventually got PSN blacklisted, but it had started taking our discs and then refusing to give them back, so it wasn't a big loss.
Eric Roberts wrote:Hipinion. Hipinion? Hipinion...is hip.

Bob511

Postby baby gap » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:23 pm

Watched some bits of an unpacking play through and its pretty sick seeming

baby gap

Postby deadbass » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:42 pm

Chrono Cross is one of the best games ever made so this news rules.

deadbass

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:44 pm

It's a real bummer to finish an event in Forza 5 from the festival playlist and not have it register. Think i'm done with this game until they drop a big bug fix update

Down n dirty rufus

Postby broodstar » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:24 am

holy shit 5* weapons use a shitton of materials

broodstar

Postby Folkboy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:24 am

broodstar I need you help to get into One step from Eden. At first is chaotic

Folkboy

Postby Aeris » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:54 am

I think Chrono Cross is one of the prettiest looking and sounding games ever made and I also hate it
The million character gimmick just sucks and even like the main character that isn't mute spends half the game out of the party or unconscious??? And it shouldn't have had any connection to Trigger at all, if they just decided to do a Parallel World thing instead of Time Travel and the series just was a different game with a new gimmick like FF
Also it needs the speed up button more than any old jrpg ever the combat is painfully slow

Also I can't wait to buy this remake/remaster
Ugh

Aeris

Postby Aeris » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:56 am

I might also be angry 20 years later over never being able to get the song right during the final boss because it would never not interrupt the combo so I had to look up the true ending on YouTube 10 years later

Aeris

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:57 am

Down n dirty rufus wrote:It's a real bummer to finish an event in Forza 5 from the festival playlist and not have it register. Think i'm done with this game until they drop a big bug fix update

ok so it wasn't just me. I cleared a particularly difficult one last night and i got jack shit for it
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby whatabout tim » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:21 am

xxx-xxx-xxxx wrote:
Down n dirty rufus wrote:It's a real bummer to finish an event in Forza 5 from the festival playlist and not have it register. Think i'm done with this game until they drop a big bug fix update

ok so it wasn't just me. I cleared a particularly difficult one last night and i got jack shit for it

Make sure you’re using the right car type/class. The only ones that have been outright broken are some of the dailies (expedition one is straight borked) and sometimes when they ask for a clean lap you actually have to crash.
tim

whatabout tim

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:26 am

Yeah I’ve seen those mentioned elsewhere, but even simple shit like “buy a car from the auction house” gets me nothing.

Down n dirty rufus

Postby jack » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:42 am

guardians of the galaxy is so fun

jack

PreviousNext

Return to The Hat Zone