Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby jca » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:17 pm

ZeroRanger is so good. hell i guess i love it. lots and lots of reference to older shmups, anime, ghibli. i found like dodonpachi, ketsui, batrider, evangelion, hxh. shmup undertale is pretty spot on

https://imgur.com/KplSoM3
https://imgur.com/BZgcvyl
Image Image
jca

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:43 am

just watched someone make an online weed transaction in a video game

pretty rad what technology can do in 2019
broodstar

Postby chandler » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:58 am

maybe i shouldn't have stayed up until all hours of the night playing rimworld
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?
chandler

Postby Marcus » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:10 am

yakuza kiwami is a treasure
Marcus

Postby Kenny » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:06 am

Someone on the No Man's Sky subreddit discovered an interesting system:
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

Videogames forever!!!
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:16 pm

apparently vermintide 3 is going to be announced on march 6th which kinda makes me more anxious than excited
broodstar

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:24 pm

jca wrote:
ZeroRanger is so good. hell i guess i love it. lots and lots of reference to older shmups, anime, ghibli. i found like dodonpachi, ketsui, batrider, evangelion, hxh. shmup undertale is pretty spot on

https://imgur.com/KplSoM3
https://imgur.com/BZgcvyl
Image Image

well you sold me on that one
who we are- laid back, eco-conscious, informal, off the cuff, good music, no bullshit...
a-10 warthog champion

Postby Paul » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:16 pm

is vermintide the new call of duty?
Paul

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:54 pm

all i do is cod
broodstar

Postby shizaam » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:06 pm

also that zeroranger ost SLAYS
shizaam

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:20 pm

ETRIAN ODYSSEY NEXUS: YEP
broodstar

Postby Dead_Wizard » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:24 pm

Zero Ranger looks cool, is the whole game basically a mix of sections from other shooters? I recognized way too many parts of the trailer
Dead_Wizard

Postby saranclaps » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:43 am

is thimbleweed park actually good or is it like the monkey island games or grim fandango that seemed funny when i was like 15 but are actually not funny
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby chairkicker » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:33 am

this is extremely impressive. whether some of this looks like bad fanart or early access shovelware is beside the point when you realize how quickly these laymen were able to get mechanics, animation and level design recognizably up and running. it's a fraction of the time spent in traditional development and with more time and polish people are probably gonna make great things with dreams. at least i hope so
chairkicker

Postby chairkicker » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:35 am

being able to build and animate a character from the ground up inside in the level you're currently designing is enough of a game changer, i think. it's something i've dreamed about since i was 16 years old
chairkicker

Postby dan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:51 am

this was the real stunner to me
dan

Postby chairkicker » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:54 am

yeah
chairkicker

Postby dan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:08 am

I still don't fully trust a Media Molecule game to have enjoyable 2D physics, or at least for people to have a great grasp on how to make good controlling 2D games from this right away, hopefully people come up with good weight/gravity settings and share them online asap.
But slow exploration games with simple movement are going to be amazing if this thing takes off properly which I'm praying it does
dan

Postby chairkicker » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:23 am

the great thing about dreams is that movement will be completely customizable. they're giving you scriptable state machines to refine running/jumping/whatever to any degree you'd like
chairkicker

Postby jca » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:45 pm

Dead_Wizard wrote:Zero Ranger looks cool, is the whole game basically a mix of sections from other shooters? I recognized way too many parts of the trailer

pretty much and without getting too spoilery, i'd say it starts as homage--like a ship design from ketsui, a level from axelayToggle Spoiler--and turns into full blown recreations for plot reasons
jca

Postby MikeS » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:14 pm

can anyone recommend me PS4 headphones under $150? I've had two pairs of turtle beach and I'm kind of done with them as a company after both have broke. I want something that has an analog button I can mute my mic.
MikeS

Postby Esteban » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:25 pm

Dreams looks cool, I'm trying to get in on the $30 early access once they start that up
Esteban

Postby Contristo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:05 pm

kiwami is fun, but the boss fights are so much worse than 0. Majima in the batting cage isn't any fun. breaks the game basically when he's in heat mode.
googling majima batting cage makes it seem like others agree. the QTE moments abruptly coming up while you're button mashing isn't fun either.

EDIT: finally beat it, but had to decrease difficulty to normal :(
Last edited by Contristo on Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Contristo

Postby broodstar » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:32 pm

GameInformer looks at the companions of The Outer Worlds.

You encounter them early
Opportunities to recruit companions are front-loaded, to avoid the sense of under-developed characters joining late in the journey. “You encounter all the companions in the first third of the game, because it’s no fun getting a companion in the last hour,” co-director Tim Cain told us at the game’s unveiling.

They help in battle and beyond
You can bring two companions along with you when you leave your ship. In addition to their unique special attacks, you can also give them weapons to steer their approach to combat. You also benefit from a portion of each companion's key skill scores; if a lock is too difficult for you to pick alone, bringing the right companion might give you the boost you need. If you need an even bigger boost, you can take certain perks to increase how much you benefit from your allies' aptitudes. "We realized that companions could be used a lot more tactically," Cain says. "We wanted to put in skills that control that."

You can do quests for them
Every companion has something you can help them with. While these tasks varying in length (don’t expect them all to be multi-stage, multi-hour affairs), they give players a chance to get to know the companions better – and get rewards to improve their performance or customize their quarters. “Some problem that is essential to their character that is explored in that particular quest,” Poddar says. “And that’s also something we like to ask ourselves when we start fleshing out these companions: What is their motivation? What is driving them?”

idk why but what seems like an outdated system (preset npcs with backstory/lore) extremely tickles my fancy
broodstar

Postby iambic » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:22 am

okay first couple hours with sunless skies suggest it is sunless sea with all of the good and a lot less of the irritating or painstaking
iambic

Postby pablito » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:25 am

iambic wrote:okay first couple hours with sunless skies suggest it is sunless sea with all of the good and a lot less of the irritating or painstaking

yes!
pablito

Location: chicago illinois, pm me for address, come fucking fight me

Postby Kenny » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:00 am

Am I crazy for thinking Fall Out 5 looks kinda fun? I haven't really played a Fall Out before so if it's just more of the same that's not really an issue for me

Videogames forever!!!
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Contristo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:09 am

Are you talking about Fallout 76? Would love a Fallout 5 but FO76 is not that, and if you’re new to the series FO76 is absolutely not the place to start imo.

New Vegas and FO3 were my personal faves. FO4 was fun enough. Haven’t played the first two, but FO76 is a mess. No NPCs or meaningful story, with ample glitching and really bad attacking system.

FO76 will be free to play soon enough so I’d just recommend waiting a bit for that.

New Vegas is one of the best games ever tho.
Contristo

Postby Kenny » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:30 am

Lol jeez I'm a maroon, I meant Far Cry 5

I typed Fall Out twice!!

Videogames forever!!!
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Contristo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:39 am

Oh haha. I thought Far Cry 5 was fun, even if the main bad guy is annoying. My favorite in the series was Far Cry 3. Cool island setting and fun insane bad guy. You can probably get it cheap. Looks like $20 on Steam. Probably a decent place to start, since Far Cry 5 is still full price but probably due for a decrease at some point.
Contristo

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....