Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby iambic » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:37 am

broodstar wrote:skyrim invented open world, as well as role-playing elements, and narrative

I don't appreciate being subtweeted in this manner
iambic

Postby jca » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:59 pm

compatibility mode wrote:
broodstar wrote:i wonder if subnautica is for me

subnautica was extremely my shit for like 40 hours but i never get truly deep into it or into the base building aspect. a little too buggy fitting everything together, but once you get some of the base facilities going, you really start rolling. the first few equipment/transportation upgrades are completely game changing and super fun.

its a pure sandbox with no real combat elements but very beautiful and downright scary at times, extra scary because you cant fight back.

negatives would be the tedium of searching for some resources (mostly early game) and inventory management. it would be cool to have a deploy-able homing pod that you can send back to base so you dont have to go back and forth with your hoarders stash.

im really liking this but yeah some of the survival sim stuff like inventory management is annoying. but yeah some of the upgrades and later events really own. deep ocean is freeeeeeeky tho
jca

Postby Kiki » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:23 pm

broodstar wrote:find someone who looks @ u the way mortimer looks at shenmue

I fucked up
Kiki

Postby sunrise » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:27 pm

i played loads of subnautica and barely touched the base building stuff. really loved how that game handled narrative within it's sandbox.
sunrise

Postby Marcus » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:11 pm

jca, just do the creative mode and swim and build away

love that game
Marcus

Postby jca » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:16 am

Yeah that’s a good idea. Gonna check out some mods too

Last night I got to the alien ruinsToggle Spoiler :shock:
jca

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:06 am

I've been looking into this but it looks like Gran Turismo's latest games have been duds, but what's the best game series out if I want that experience, like the sim-ier side of racing?

Also what's the closest thing on the Switch, which I anticipate is less than
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

I don't wanna go to school. I just wanna be a fool. Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Paul » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:10 pm

Asetto Corsa but that's PC only. Does the switch even have racing games outside of Mario Kart?
This is my Instagram

Milk wrote:I never have sex OR vacations.
Paul

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:12 pm

I have a PS4 too, but I was curious about it because of the announcement of this Switch port:

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

I don't wanna go to school. I just wanna be a fool. Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Paul » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:14 pm

Grid is fun, a little more arcadey than gran turismo but feels pretty good.
This is my Instagram

Milk wrote:I never have sex OR vacations.
Paul

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:56 pm

Is there anybody doing what GT1 or 2 was doing?

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby jca » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:57 pm

I liked Her Story and Telling Lies is basically the same game but its...kinda lame? im hoping i missed some twist but the relationships/dialogue/acting are super cringey

ImageToggle Spoiler
jca

Postby gambra » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:29 am

I just finished up a playthrough of Telling Lies there and yeah pretty disappointed too. I got two of the endings, I couldn't get enough info on how to get to the end of the cam girl story but I feel like it's the hardest one to do. I only hit about 75 of the videos too. Just feels like there's far too much material to get through.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby donkeykong311 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:19 am

replaying bloodborne cuz i didn't finish the first time around. feeling furious. sick game, tho. can't wait for the new borderlands in a few weeks. i could def use something a little lighter.
donkeykong311

Postby Milk » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:44 am

Marcus wrote:there were other open-world-ish games before it in some ways, but for 3D with a narrative structure and interactivity within the world, i mean... kinda! It was very influential and saying it "invented" it is more right than it is wrong to some degree.

It was a long line of games. It helped define what modern open world would be or mean n the 21st century.

But like in Ultima VII just to pick this example, you could pick up almost anything (when i first played it i filled my backpacks with like useless shit like chandeliers, cutelry, plates etc because i'd learned up until then in games that if you could pick it up, it had a use), kill anyone even npcs that were vital for quests, talk with anyone that was a human npc, people had daily routines they went through (very simple but still, they'd get up in the morning, maybe tend their field or what not in the day, go back to bed at night, etc) and the world was completely open from the get go and you could go anywhere anytime. The first time i played Morrowind i thought oh this is like Ultima VII but in 3D.

Shenmue might be a milestone and very influential but it did not invent open world and it's more wrong than right to say it did imo.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby Milk » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:47 am

also, completely unrelated to the subject here, but let it be said in Ultima VII you could have sex with someone of your own gender if you cared to (i mean you could decide to play either man or woman, which ALSO wasn't terribly common then). First time i ever saw this in any game. 1992.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby chairkicker » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:35 am

chairkicker

Postby donkeykong311 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:39 am

damn.
donkeykong311

Postby Marcus » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:52 am

oh god i want that
Marcus

Postby guy forget » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:56 am

That’s cool
VHGisdead wrote:speaking of deemster vape pens
guy forget

Postby kirito » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:58 am

is this the new battlefield
kirito

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:07 am

I fucking hate the way people talk in youtubes

The weird radio-like mentality where not talking constantly seems to be a crime

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Flossed Out » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:16 am

Hey Kenny gran turismo is def more focused on online racing now. It’s pretty fun if you like working on lap times and stuff but the “career” mode isn’t the kind the old ones where you get lower tiered cars and tune them up. I miss that too. Coincidentally I went to a gt sport tournament yesterday and got to meet Kazunori Yamauchi. They have assetto corsa and project cars 2 for PS4 and they’re both pretty sim-centric. I’ve been playing all three with a wheel and pedal set up it’s fun.

The F1 games have pretty in depth career modes but they’re not very arcade-y
choom gang
Flossed Out

Postby Gutslab » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:42 am

There's a game called nascar racing 2003, which I've been playing since...well 2003. It has sim and arcade elements. There's a huge amount of mods and you can modify a lot of the game files. It's the game I probably spent the most time on ever. Also you dont have to be a nascar fan to enjoy it.
Gutslab

Postby chairkicker » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:30 pm

one thing about that voxel physics demo that very excited youtube guy doesn't really touch on is how ludicrously impressive the lighting is on top of everything else

i want fumito ueda and genDESIGN to make a game using this tech
chairkicker

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:06 am

Av material

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby iambic » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:11 am

so alec holowka (night in the woods) is an abuser

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/587 ... uinn-abuse
iambic

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:11 am

aw fuck me, really? :(

edit: wow, even worse than I would have guessed

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby kirito » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:00 am

scott seems like a good guy at least

kirito

Postby kirito » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:04 am

this industry is fucked
kirito

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....