Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Kenny » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:56 am

Ah okay that makes a big difference in my understanding of it. I don't really mind the must-be-online thing, if I'm being honest with myself as I'm always online anyway, I was just confused about like you have to buy games and pay monthly to even play the games you bought.

Still not for me, but I guess I could get why it could work out for people who don't already have a PS4 or xbox
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Fuck being hard, Petty is complicated. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Marcus » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:39 am

unity of command 2 RPS recommended, hell yeah

Marcus

Postby Kenny » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:40 am

That game looks really cool and I look forward to 2025 when I get a bargain laptop that can play it

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby trouble » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:42 am

john plainman 2 wrote:I want Stadia to succeed. I just think their consumer subsidized stress test is kinda weird.

these numbers are bonkers tho:

streaming on Stadia at 4K will use up 1TB of data in 65 hours. That comes out to 15.75GB per hour of 4K streaming.

that's the monthly comcast bandwidth cap, lol
Now exclusively in Bland Mode.

trouble
ride.

Postby Kenny » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:45 am

How much would it be for 1080? I don't know how much cooler 4K is than 1080

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby blab » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:47 am

dark souls is too hard i can’t get past capra demon

blab

Postby Kenny » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:49 am

Capra Demon was a big block for me too, but you'll get past it and it will feel good.

I got a spoiler for ease if you haven't tried it yet:
As soon as you go through the mist, run to the left and climb the stairs to the ledge, the capra demon will come to that and you can drop down on him to do major damageToggle Spoiler

Thos damn fuckin' dogs tho

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby banquo » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:20 pm

so i'd been playing that runeterra 1-week-acess and my 17-0 (2x 7-0 win & currently at 3-0) in expedition got me thinking that i was the best player ever until i started noticing how the people in my 5 win+ games were making multiple, objective misplays based on (not their) turn of attack or misunderstanding how cards resolve

starting to think i should just go for 7-7 win runs instead of retiring at the first 7 win just in case there's a secret leaderboard

banquo

Postby meeshpotato » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:26 pm

blab wrote:dark souls is too hard i can’t get past capra demon

which weapon are you using?
meeshpotato

Postby blab » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:39 pm

longsword :geek:

maybe i should go through the undead parish first

blab

Postby blab » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:39 pm

also my stats are all wonky bc i'd never played this game. i watched some walkthru stuff and i realize that i'm a dingus

blab

Postby blab » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:40 pm

do people just like, play this game w/o needing to watch hours of walk thru stuff to not suck

blab

Postby broodstar » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:54 pm

banquo wrote:so i'd been playing that runeterra 1-week-acess and my 17-0 (2x 7-0 win & currently at 3-0) in expedition got me thinking that i was the best player ever until i started noticing how the people in my 5 win+ games were making multiple, objective misplays based on (not their) turn of attack or misunderstanding how cards resolve

starting to think i should just go for 7-7 win runs instead of retiring at the first 7 win just in case there's a secret leaderboard

almost everyone i know is infinitely chaining 7-x

tidesoftime went 48-2 in constructed

there's no matchmaking for either mode presumably

broodstar

Postby denvermax » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:36 pm

should I get fallen order if I like souls-like games but don't particularly like star wars

denvermax

Postby Marcus » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:52 pm

it's got the bonfire stuff, refilling your health and flasks and respawning enemies

the bosses are a bit different. there's some optional mini bosses. any enemy that kills you glows yellow/gold and you have to land a single hit on them to get back your xp. it's kinda God of War (2018) + Soulsbourne game

it can be hard, the parry windows are a bit tricky and the controls are nowhere near as precise but it's honestly a very good game i love it

Marcus

Postby deadbass » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:02 pm

blab wrote:do people just like, play this game w/o needing to watch hours of walk thru stuff to not suck

I think the sheer quantity of like academic-like research that has gone into these games creates an illusion that you need to pay attention to all that stuff in order to play the games, which is definitely not the case. There are objectively better builds and better stats to invest in, but if you understand the games kinetically (blocking, dodging, timing attacks, when not to attack etc.) then you could not spend a point in anything and beat the game. I've personally always just put points into whatever I felt like, used whatever weapon I thought was cool, and I was able to make it through. The thing you just have to do in these games is die a lot - you learn a lot about the risk/reward of combat. The arc I've always had with soulsborne games is feeling utterly helpless for the first 10 or so hours, but then I get into a groove; even though the game technically gets harder as you go along, you've learned so many skills as a player that the games become much more manageable. I think that arc is the reason why people are so passionate about these games, and why so many dummies who like them say things like "git gud" and whatnot - they're trying to communicate what's good about these games in a neanderthal-like way.

deadbass

Postby broodstar » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:08 pm

the narrative i get from era but not having played is that it's not that frustratingly difficult and calling it a soulsborne may be a bit unduly daunting

broodstar

Postby broodstar » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:12 pm

the narrative i got from twitch chat/neanderthal gamers was that all soulsbornes are empty cash grab "gahbage"

broodstar

Postby Marcus » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:50 pm

I'm thankful for Google Stadia just so I could see this today

Marcus

Postby garbiel » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Halo Reach coming out on PC soon who's ready. Been playing some El Dewrito to train
Sissy Spacerock wrote:IRL will only be inhabited by those of us who have learned to derive pleasure in suffering

garbiel

Postby meeshpotato » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:25 pm

deadbass wrote:
blab wrote:do people just like, play this game w/o needing to watch hours of walk thru stuff to not suck

I think the sheer quantity of like academic-like research that has gone into these games creates an illusion that you need to pay attention to all that stuff in order to play the games, which is definitely not the case. There are objectively better builds and better stats to invest in, but if you understand the games kinetically (blocking, dodging, timing attacks, when not to attack etc.) then you could not spend a point in anything and beat the game. I've personally always just put points into whatever I felt like, used whatever weapon I thought was cool, and I was able to make it through. The thing you just have to do in these games is die a lot - you learn a lot about the risk/reward of combat. The arc I've always had with soulsborne games is feeling utterly helpless for the first 10 or so hours, but then I get into a groove; even though the game technically gets harder as you go along, you've learned so many skills as a player that the games become much more manageable. I think that arc is the reason why people are so passionate about these games, and why so many dummies who like them say things like "git gud" and whatnot - they're trying to communicate what's good about these games in a neanderthal-like way.

agree with all of this

but you can make it unnecessarily difficult on yourself if you invest in worthless stats
meeshpotato

Postby Bad Craziness » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Hmmmmm

Bad Craziness

Postby kirito » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:37 pm

Marcus wrote:wish fallen order had ng+ or something i wanna run around with the skills/upgrades

i just finished ilum and now i'm going back through every single planet to get everything i missed, starting with zeffo which is the biggest. i only had 5 stims when i started for what it's worth

kirito

Postby iambic » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:46 pm

Bad Craziness wrote:

Hmmmmm

this is their cruelest joke yet

iambic

Postby Bad Craziness » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:09 pm

looking forward to teleporting around to move and/or vomiting profusely

Bad Craziness

Postby blab » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:56 pm

update: i got the drake sword and a black knight shield (dark souls) it's go time

blab

Postby surly » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:57 pm

fuck yeah
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby figaro » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:58 pm

blab going through dark souls for the first time might be the best development in recent boarding

figaro

Postby whatabout tim » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:19 pm

Bad Craziness wrote:

Hmmmmm

Wonder if this is why the old camposanto team scrubbed their new game from their twitter profiles recently?
tim

whatabout tim

Postby hazel » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:25 pm

Bad Craziness wrote:

Hmmmmm

wow i love it

hazel

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....