Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Kenny » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:59 am

It literally took me 2 hours to figure out how to do it, but I've been playing Train Sim World 2020 and when I finally got my train going through Germany and stopping at stations it was worth it. I've had this game on my wishlist for a few months and with a sale finally bought it. It really doesn't hold your hand, it's obviously a labor of love/extreme nerdism, but it's very satisfying.

It starts up immediate like:

* Unlock the doors
* get in the cab
* turn on the master switch
* set the headlights
* raise the electric arm
* release the master core lock
* release hand brake
* open left doors
* unlock passenger doors
*WAIT LITERALLY 2 MINUTES AS PASSENGERS GET ON*
* close passenger doors,
* lock doors
* release break
* turn throttle up to slowly start up and then finally full throttle

and you're driving a train and it's chill.
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby traced out » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:25 am

operating a train irl is very stressful

traced out

Postby broodstar » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:34 pm

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1034 ... _Remaster/

this is also a thinig if youre not disco elysiuming

broodstar

Postby jojo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:39 pm

I just picked up rain world and im totally obsessed with it

Maybe i did myself a favor not knowing about it until its current state (from reading release reviews it seems like theyve dpne some minor qol stuff, but a lot of peoples gripes were intentional mechanics),but what a beautiful, fascinating game. Im playing it just as a survival game and my days of slowly pushing out further, catching and eating bats, and avoiding lizards and the occsssional horrifying creature that finds its way to me (the enemies have a persistent ai and ecosystem that takes place across the map, including the screens you arent at, which i think is why people think its unfair) are wonderful and man its been haunting me all day.

jojo

Postby jca » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:42 pm

yeah it really sinks its little slug teeth into you

jca

Postby jojo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:52 pm

i think it's an incredible game. i figured it was just some adult swim cute platformer i guess, but when i was looking at their sale over the weekend i somehow ended up reading the first year of the devblog and got really hooked with what the guy was doing. having that background going into the game i think made it a lot easier to fall right into and understand what it's doing, which is something i very much like

it's funny that the guy knew how it was going to be received seven years ago before he even knew it was going to be a released game

It's hard to sound humble when saying this, but I think that a player that's just introduced to the game will not really understand how complex the AI is, and because of that the game will work less satisfactory. Just a thing such as understanding that a lizard isn't always aware of where you are and pathing towards you takes some time to pick up, and the more complex stuff, such as "the last thing the lizard saw before I dissapeared behind those blocks was me falling downwards, and because of that it'll assume that I fell to the bottom of this shaft, which I can use to anticipate its behaviour" is hard to use even for me, even though I know that it's there and how it works.

I'm sure that many people will put the game down quickly thinking "it's just random and quirky and too hard", but my hope is that if you don't do this the game will grow on you.

definitely a "you will think it's an all-timer or totally hate it" type thing but im very glad i seem likely to fall into the former category

jojo

Postby G_S » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:57 pm

gonna reinstall that tonight

G_S

Postby Kenny » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Dang, knowing the guy was posting about it on TIG Source makes me want to get it for sure now, love that website.

I got Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 on the Switch today and just put in about 30 minutes seeing how it runs (I've got to finishe Fire Emblem before I do anything else) and I'm like astounded how cool it is to have this on a console, especially a handheld, and am really really impressed at how they made it work. It's really intuitive and cool. I can't wait to put some time into it

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby turquoise albino » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:13 pm

50 bucks for those baldurs gate games is kind of insane

if they rolled them all up into one bundle maybe..

turquoise albino

Postby Kenny » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:16 pm

It's definitely stupid expensive, but it's two huge games and it's portable now, I dunno. I thought it was a really cool idea as soon as I heard it and watching an interview Matt Barton did with the guy who ported them (and worked on them originally) and you could tell there was a lot of love and they did a ton of reworking code behind the scenes to make pathing work better etc and I thought it was worth it for a dive in.

They will definitely get big sales eventually/probably relatively quickly

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby john plainman 2 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:18 pm

baldurs Gate 2 on switch is enough to make me wanna go out right now and get a lite...

john plainman 2

Postby Kenny » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:21 pm

I saw a lite in the wild the other day and the size is so good, I'd rather have that becuase I could take it out with me on trains and stuff, but I do liked to play docked at home. I'd love it if someone put out some accessory that make it so you could put it on a tv. I know it doesn't have the chip out or whatever but (and I know nothing about electronics) I wonder if someone could make an external thing that does it for the system

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby jojo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:45 pm

G_S wrote:gonna reinstall that tonight

They just added two new characters, one of which softens difficulty

Seeing who owned it was actually the reason why i decided to buy it

jojo

Postby broodstar » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:58 pm

rain world seems sick

broodstar

Postby cyantific » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:25 pm

League of Legends 10th anniversary today. Rumours of a digital card game being announced.
cyantific

Postby jojo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:38 pm

one thing that was really nice to discover about rain world is that the main dev did all the level testing using a keyboard rather than a controller. it plays fucking fantastic w/o a controller, probably better, and even on a controller i think it should be d-pad. ive always thought people using analog sticks for platformers like dustforce or something that have really precise digital controls was kinda weird, like using one to play, like, streetfighter or something

jojo

Postby broodstar » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:46 pm

surely the ccg boat is over

after constant disconnects in mhw, and two hours to download a 200mb file that ended in a download failure thrice, i think im gonna go out and buy a 5g wireless adapter and naively hope that solves all my problems

broodstar

Postby chairkicker » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:04 pm

i definitely prefer stick to dpad for 2d platformers, even the very precise ones, and i dont think that's ever gonna change. i feel like im better at smb3 with a stick than i ever was with a dpad

god i need to pick up rain world again. my life was too busy when it came out.

chairkicker

Postby garbiel » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:19 pm

jojo wrote:one thing that was really nice to discover about rain world is that the main dev did all the level testing using a keyboard rather than a controller. it plays fucking fantastic w/o a controller, probably better, and even on a controller i think it should be d-pad. ive always thought people using analog sticks for platformers like dustforce or something that have really precise digital controls was kinda weird, like using one to play, like, streetfighter or something

Some areas make a lot more sense now.

garbiel

Postby cyantific » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:31 pm

cyantific wrote:League of Legends 10th anniversary today. Rumours of a digital card game being announced.

Riot fighting game, shooter, and maybe an MMO in the works as well
cyantific

Postby broodstar » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:41 pm

just league of legends everything

broodstar

Postby gordie blue eyes » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:44 pm

is children of morta good

gordie blue eyes
Reclining in the sky on a cloud with silver lining

Postby cyantific » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:49 pm

the fps shooter looks like a mix of CS:GO and Overwatch
cyantific

Postby jca » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:50 pm

Last edited by jca on Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

jca

Postby banquo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:57 pm

gordie blue eyes wrote:is children of morta good

it's well made and the controls felt good. it's a nice multiplayer run around smashing things, but it can get repetitive after some hours in the same zones. for $20 it was better than expected.

i stopped after a handful of hours, but could see going back to it later on

banquo

Postby cyantific » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:20 am

cyantific wrote:the fps shooter looks like a mix of CS:GO and Overwatch

Gameplay - https://clips.twitch.tv/GoodAlertBurritoTheTarFu
cyantific

Postby sunrise » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:26 am

rain world is an all timer

sunrise

Postby broodstar » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:43 am

whos got my runeterra invite

broodstar

Postby Spoons » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:05 am

mortimer wrote:I started Last of Us Remastered cuz I’m tired of open world games and I never played Last of Us. I’m not digging it. I don’t think I like Western games. Should’ve just gone from Judgment to another Yakuza.

I didn't get into it at all at first, but someone here told me to keep playing anyway, because it gets better.
Quickly turned into one of my all-time faves after the first 2 or so hours.
bongo wrote:spoons pounds

Spoons

Postby Marcus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:42 am

Disco is the only game right now that matters, love Disco

Marcus

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....