You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby broodstar » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:51 am

anyone playing hearthstone battlegrounds and is it better than tft

broodstar

Postby banquo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:09 am

broodstar wrote:anyone playing hearthstone battlegrounds and is it better than tft

played it too much the last couple days.

it's like tft where when it's new you can play a whole lot with time flying by (as you alt tab between extra long turns). but like tft, you sometimes pause between games and wonder if it's even fun. there's not a lot of enjoyment in winning with your broken hero or lucky drop, and it's very tough to win without feeling like you got either of those. then there's the lack of seeing opponent's board, and good luck with rng on top of that

so yeah it's playable but probably better to just not

banquo

Postby broodstar » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:23 am

i think there's some degree of skill and calculation involved considering the same players keep placing on the top 20 leaderboards from game to game

i'm just not sure how much there is and if it's more or less than a card game // also considering i'm just drawing 5%ers constantly anything has to be better

anyway i'm off to try some combination of battlegrounds / runeterra / fallen order / romancing saga 3

broodstar

Postby banquo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:51 am

broodstar wrote:i think there's some degree of skill and calculation involved considering the same players keep placing on the top 20 leaderboards from game to game

getting to the top of some of these leaderboards requires a gigantic time commitment that you'd need regardless of how much skill is required near the top. yes, some of these players are consistently good at enhancing %s to win and i don't mean to underplay their skill at this stuff. i'm also not sure how large the competitive pool is among people with that time commitment

it's like tft where the more you learn about what's going on, the fewer choices you seem to have. it feels like i'm usually following principles rather than strategies. the game takes about 5-10minutes to get start really even getting to those choices.

some different things about this game: if your battle takes longer, you just get less time in the shop phase (only seems to matter late game if you end a battle with 20-30seconds in shop). you can never see an opponent's board during a shop phase. it's unclear if the '3 of a kind, get a +1tier' selects from the shared pool. you'll never see at least a couple opponents during a game, so your idea of what's in the pool currently is maybe 60% at best, and by that time you're so committed to a unit type that i'm not sure adjusting to a new one is really possible

all of that said, i'll probably drop several more hours into this

banquo

Postby Lowercase Tea » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:16 am

Started Fallen Order last night and after a very strong first hour, the second hour feels significantly more like a chore. Hoping things will pick up once I wrap up the planet.
Lowercase Tea

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:21 am

Enjoying Fallen Order so far. Biggest annoyance is having to get used to a new control scheme after playing AC:Odyssey the last several months

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby Paul » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:58 am

GREEZ DRITUS
This is my Instagram

Milk wrote:I never have sex OR vacations.

lordofdiapers wrote:Paul is worthy

Paul
The Nappy King™

Postby Lowercase Tea » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:00 am

Oh shit, I didn't realize you can parry attacks from creatures. I just assumed block wouldn't work against a giant mouth but I guess it does. What difficulty did you all go with? I'm on Jedi Master right now, but my only other action game in the last 2 years was BOTW.
Lowercase Tea

Postby Marcus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:45 am

sekiro has over-prepared me for fallen order lmao

i love it tho

Marcus

Postby kirito » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:34 am

Lowercase Tea wrote:Oh shit, I didn't realize you can parry attacks from creatures. I just assumed block wouldn't work against a giant mouth but I guess it does. What difficulty did you all go with? I'm on Jedi Master right now, but my only other action game in the last 2 years was BOTW.

also doing jedi master, feels just about right to me. it took me like 20 minutes to beat the secret boss on the first planet.

kirito

Postby john plainman 2 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:42 am

don't go to dathomor on jedi Master or grandmaster if you value your sanity.

also, alien fauna can kiss my ass overall. the lag between dropping your guard and being able to attack always gets me killed

john plainman 2

Postby Zardoz » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:53 am

I started up the Factorio demo cuz I like the sprite art, but now I've evaporated 10 hours of my life optimizing conveyer belts.

Zardoz

Postby an otter » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:08 am

back on the rimworld train. it's like getting into a warm bath at this point i love this dumb game so much
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ

an otter

Postby broodstar » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:07 pm

broodstar

Postby chairkicker » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:02 pm

there are some incredibly bullshit encounters in fallen order. that melee dude plus two snipers, snipers that are capable of unblockable homing attacks, that happens shortly into dathomir is like dark souls 2 level bullshit on jedi master difficulty. and i've played sekiro. plus i can't get the game to run without streaming/loading stutter and it's pissing me off. i wish i'd bought it on console

chairkicker

Postby john plainman 2 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:06 pm

did you go there immediately after bogano? I felt the same as you but realized that area is overlevelled big time

john plainman 2

Postby trouble » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:49 pm

broodstar wrote:

looks better than diablo 4
Now exclusively in Bland Mode.

trouble
thread skimmer

Postby broodstar » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:59 pm

just looks like a new campaign in the same engine to me so play poe (a good game) if you're interested

broodstar

Postby kirito » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:34 pm

chairkicker wrote:there are some incredibly bullshit encounters in fallen order. that melee dude plus two snipers, snipers that are capable of unblockable homing attacks, that happens shortly into dathomir is like dark souls 2 level bullshit on jedi master difficulty. and i've played sekiro. plus i can't get the game to run without streaming/loading stutter and it's pissing me off. i wish i'd bought it on console

i've played around 8 hours and i haven't been to dathomir yet, i went from zeffo to kashyyyk and i'm now back on zeffo and the game has been sufficiently challenging so far. once you fill out your skill tree a bit crowd control becomes a lot easier. you definitely want to go to zeffo early if only to get force pushToggle Spoiler

and i'm playing on a base ps4 and the game runs like ass. still awesome though

kirito

Postby chairkicker » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:39 pm

yeah i guess i made a bad assumption thinking it was critical path and zeffo was optional. it's definitely a skill gate

chairkicker

Postby lust » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:47 pm

Zardoz wrote:I started up the Factorio demo cuz I like the sprite art, but now I've evaporated 10 hours of my life optimizing conveyer belts.

i lost two whole days to Factorio and just quit cold turkey. I knew there was no way I could exist in this world and continue to play it

lust

Postby Lowercase Tea » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:50 pm

chairkicker wrote:there are some incredibly bullshit encounters in fallen order. that melee dude plus two snipers, snipers that are capable of unblockable homing attacks, that happens shortly into dathomir is like dark souls 2 level bullshit on jedi master difficulty. and i've played sekiro. plus i can't get the game to run without streaming/loading stutter and it's pissing me off. i wish i'd bought it on console

Yeah I gave up and switched it to Jed Knight and finally got through that part. The trick for me with Jedi Master though was there seemed to be a loading error on the Xbox One S where you had a few seconds between the load and the characters coming in. You can feasibly run up to the door, turn around and run to the hallway, kill one of the snipers, and stay around there to just deal with the melee guy. But even after that you have another like 10 dudes to kill before you hit a solid save point.

Finally went to Zeffo after and the game became 20x more enjoyable as did bumping down to Jedi Knight.
Lowercase Tea

Postby mortimer » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:05 pm

Shenmue 3 comes out in three days.

Isn’t that nuts?

Omg mines coming on monday

mortimer

Postby kirito » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:48 pm

i just finished the second trip to zeffo, my objective is "return to the mantis" and i'm on the opposite side of this gigantic filled out 3D map i feel so stupid right now

kirito

Postby banquo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:46 am

got a runeterra invite today. it feels like a 'newcomer friendly' mtg mixed with hs, and it's new so it's entertaining. i'm not sure if i'm into how powerful some of these champion cards are, but i haven't played nearly enough to know how the balance is

did my first expedition draft after a few games of play mode. the "lose 2 in a row" to be out seemed extremely generous, but it let me get to 7 wins with shadow/damacia (with about 3-4 losses in there, just not in a row or on game 7). sort of odd that the 2nd trial can't increase rewards if you hit 7 on the first trial

banquo

Postby kirito » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:46 am

getting the double bladed lightsaberToggle Spoiler in fallen order was such a cool unexpected moment

kirito

Postby chairkicker » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:54 pm

yeah. game is pretty good. it's also remarkable how similar it is to sekiro. i mean besides the fact that it wears its souls influence of its sleeve, there are similarities here that must be coincidental, that must have been planned for this game long before sekiro was ever seen publicly, and yet

chairkicker

Postby figaro » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:56 pm

dang it... you guys are gonna convince me to buy this dumb game now huh

figaro

Postby kirito » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:19 pm

chairkicker wrote:yeah. game is pretty good. it's also remarkable how similar it is to sekiro. i mean besides the fact that it wears its souls influence of its sleeve, there are similarities here that must be coincidental, that must have been planned for this game long before sekiro was ever seen publicly, and yet

did you fight the ninth sister yet? because yeah lol

kirito

Postby broodstar » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:23 pm

banquo wrote:got a runeterra invite today. it feels like a 'newcomer friendly' mtg mixed with hs, and it's new so it's entertaining. i'm not sure if i'm into how powerful some of these champion cards are, but i haven't played nearly enough to know how the balance is

seems fine. not willing to weigh on the longevity of the game. does indeed feel like the streamlined hs experience with a bit of mtg interaction, or maybe more accurately takes cues from the turn/reaction system from artifact. the 3 mana excess spell thing seems designed to give control decks more of a fighting chance, but from what i can tell aggro decks and creature stats are extremely heavily favored in this game

still, mtg is completely miserable at times, so it'll probably catch on better than that

broodstar

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....