Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby chairkicker » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:05 am

weird west had the blandest showing but i'm still interested

i once thought ghost of tsushima looked like the most AAA game ever but i think it looks really promising now. what's problematic about it?

chairkicker

Postby Esteban » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:11 am

Glad sekiro won, my personal goty c:

Esteban

Postby broodstar » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:14 am

kirito wrote:that d&d vermintide looking game looked okay. it has drizzt in it

i dunno about you but this looks awful and that's probably already better than vermintide 2

broodstar

Postby chairkicker » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:19 am

the bodycams in that trailer made me laugh out loud

chairkicker

Postby Milk » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:24 am

wow....yeah..it's so ridiculous. Im gonna assume this was done on purpose.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."

Milk

Postby broodstar » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:28 am

how can something set to in flames be ridiculous

broodstar

Postby Grey Poupon » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:53 am

more games should allow you to attach cams like that

for example doom has a photo mode but it'd be cool if yo ucould stick a gopro to an imp's hand or something and see as they do
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Grey Poupon

Postby iambic » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:29 am

kirito wrote:is anyone else excited for the wolf among us

anyone

the first one is the telltale game I like the most

iambic

Postby it's the suspense that gets me » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:37 am

what are some of the best games in that telltale vein to have come out recently

playing through night in the woods with my partner is one of my favorite gaming memories i've ever had. she's also really enjoyed watching me play through shenmue 1 and 2 as well as the first life is strange in the past few months. could definitely go for something new that's pretty much entirely narrative based. preferrably something that's on consoles. i'm still desperately awaiting the day that kentucky route zero gets it's console release.

i played through the first chapter of lis 2 and i think it fixed a lot of the issues i had with the first games writing and i think it's setting and character focus really fills in the blanks of the depiction of the pacific northwest in the first game. i'm digging it.
ImageImageImage
Woke up this morning and I was Tony Soprano. I only did the good stuff. That's the other Tony Soprano that does the bad stuff. I drove AJ to school yeah. And I helped Meadow get an A. I made up With carmela. Wokle up this morning and I was tony soprano. Only did the good stuff.

it's the suspense that gets me

Postby iambic » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:43 am

you've played disco right

is virginia on consoles?

iambic

Postby Milk » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:45 am

I keep saying i don't care that i never had a gf that's into video games but then i read goofy's post and i think...yeah this could be nice, playing a game through together and stuff.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."

Milk

Postby iambic » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:46 am

it is! play virginia. it's the best walking sim because nobody talks.

iambic

Postby banquo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:12 am

been playing gwent (card game) the last couple days. they reworked a bunch of stuff since I'd played after launch, so it felt new enough to be entertaining. leaderboards suggest the game is absolutely dead.

path of exile (free online arpg, possibly best arpg out), releases a new league today in about 4 hours if anyone is interested in fighting some bad guys and collecting loot

banquo

Postby whatabout tim » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:47 am

Pretty sure Gwent's console servers are set to go down this summer so the lack of people on the leaderboards makes sense.
tim

whatabout tim

Postby G_S » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:12 pm

gdw did you play gone home or edith finch? both are excellent
big zorb wrote:I honestly wouldn't have said it if I thought you could explain to me in any detail any leftist crisis point of the 20th century

G_S

Postby broodstar » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:20 pm

just reminded there's less than a month till iceborne

no news on the trails front. unless you count durante saying there's going to be a pc game of any variety released in winter 'news'

broodstar

Postby chairkicker » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:15 pm

imagine if instead of wasting that time and money on kinetic microsoft had put those resources into next generation motion controllers in the vein of valve's index controllers. controllers we could use to play non vr games but with something of vr's interactivity. i think about that sometimes. it's a drag that basically no games are taking advantage of switch's dual motion controllers too.

and there's nothing stopping anybody from making non vr games for the index controllers but it seems unlikely at this point. i know it would just make for a bulkier headset but if we can never solve the motion sickness problem in vr i wonder if we might see hybrid headsets that put a small, tablet-like flat screen far enough away from your face that it's not truly vr anymore but it's still a head tracking dvice. that way games could take advantage of vr-like interactivity without having to make any compromises to undercut motion sickness

chairkicker

Postby chairkicker » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:27 am

chairkicker

Postby That Demon Life » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:15 pm

How is Hellblade?

That Demon Life

Postby chairkicker » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:05 pm

chairkicker wrote:

i want this and both ecstatica games on gog so badly

i actually own the latter but i don't own a drive anymore. anyone got a convenient download for any of these games?

besides its striking and overt weirdness and some amazing animation for 1996, ecstatica 2 is just this amazing living world in a game:

i never did beat it or its predecessor but i should have

chairkicker

Postby dan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:27 pm

https://www.myabandonware.com/game/ecstatica-345
https://www.myabandonware.com/game/ecstatica-ii-7qq

didn't actually download either but the website seems OK
In terms of running them I'm sure there are many options, you can consider looking into Win3xO (and the big rom collections asssociated with them), I ran Ecstatica through it for a bit years ago and it seemed fine

dan

Postby alaska » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:08 pm

lol i just got a new computer that can actually handle video games
what's a cool game that will take advantage of this. i want to see a pretty graphic or two
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool

alaska

Postby kirito » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:20 pm

broodstar wrote:
kirito wrote:that d&d vermintide looking game looked okay. it has drizzt in it

i dunno about you but this looks awful and that's probably already better than vermintide 2

i'm a simple man i see drizzt in a game and i think that's a game i want to play

kirito

Postby internethandle » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:04 am

internethandle
ok

Postby Tetradyne » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:37 am

Missing games rn. I’d love to boot up some pubg with the boys.

Tetradyne

Postby villalobos » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:53 pm

I started Outer Wilds (not the RPG Outer Worlds, which I keep getting it mixed up with) and it's very good. First 20/30 minutes where you're walking through the town had me iffy but it picks up fast after that. sense of wonder and exploration are great

first time going on the ocean planet, going on an island, getting flung out into space, and then smashing into the island on the way back down was a great oh shit moment

i'm legit scared of this planet :lol:
Toggle Spoiler
villalobos

Postby chairkicker » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:48 pm

now go to the bramble planet

chairkicker

Postby chairkicker » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:49 pm

chairkicker

Postby kirito » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:40 pm

this is the peak of gaming

kirito

Postby chairkicker » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:04 am

the music that plays when you first step outside the hotel in disco elysium - what does it remind me of and why do i feel so stupid for being unable to place it?

chairkicker

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....