Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby katastroika » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 pm

halo is good
i've been to three mile island and silent hill i fixed my ugly gross third eye with a 12v power drill i've been to la and nyc but there was nothing there but cops and everybody died while everybody watched

katastroika

Postby Kenny » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:00 pm

I played through Even The Ocean, by the same people who made Anodyne 1/2. I really think these two are making games just for me it seems like. The gameplay is really fun without being maybe world changing but the world building/story are so intimate and cool and their interest in like secrets and boundary breaking are so fucking good. I can't wait till Anodyne 2 comes out on the Switch to really dig into it.
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT]

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

I'm not a player I just crush a lot. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:03 pm

d2michael wrote:the switch i ordered from target came a week after launch date fyi. still good to have a preorder in the bag though

yeah my confirmation email says Nov 13 - Wed, Nov 18 for arrival date.

My guess is this is gonna be the only availability in 2020 so yeah, good to secure the bag here
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby jack » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:05 pm

i'm still gonna try to get one at amazon or best buy or something but i got a target order in as a backup

jack

Postby jack » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:14 pm

best buy preorders are up but the site is fucked

jack

Postby OLD SAINT RIXX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:58 pm

man the Fate of Atlantis DLC is so freakin fun and beautiful, i'm enjoying it more than anything in the main odyssey storyline tbh

OLD SAINT RIXX

Postby OLD SAINT RIXX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:58 pm

just wanna run around Elysium forever

OLD SAINT RIXX

Postby That Demon Life » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 pm

OLD SAINT RIXX wrote:just wanna run around Elysium forever

If this is about Disco Elysium, this coming out for the Switch is the most I've been excited about a game in many, many years. I need news!!!

That Demon Life

Postby chairkicker » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:54 pm

goddammit what happened to preorders going live tomorrow? i was not ready for this shit. guess i got my ass up and walk into gamestop tomorrow. fuck

chairkicker

Postby chairkicker » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:10 pm

also demon's souls still looks like such a mixed bag stylistically. i hate that bluepoint the saw the weird living mannequin thing the gargoyles had going and decided an upgrade meant turning them into generic stone gargoyles. there's some decent stuff in that trailer but that example is emblematic of what i find offputting in the remake

chairkicker

Postby iambic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:22 pm

katastroika wrote:what's a magic ssd

it was a bit about how playstation game fans have been crowing about how the ps5's architecture and ssd outpaces anything currently in existence

see: https://www.theverge.com/21256299/epic- ... e-next-gen

as gambra pointed out, the pc has caught up: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/ne ... echnology/

iambic

Postby broodstar » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:27 pm

i dont even have my ssd installed =]

broodstar

Postby ten chimneys » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:30 pm

I dont want to be that guy but we go through this cycle literally every console generation

if I had to rank reasons to own a console "performance" would easily be on the bottom

still some of the newer ps4 games are very impressive visually for console games so I'm somewhat optimistic about launch ps5 games, graphically speaking anyway
Sissy Spacerock wrote:IRL will only be inhabited by those of us who have learned to derive pleasure in suffering

ten chimneys

Postby d2michael » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:49 pm

chairkicker wrote:goddammit what happened to preorders going live tomorrow? i was not ready for this shit. guess i got my ass up and walk into gamestop tomorrow. fuck

its up on amzn. for some reason you can't find it through searching but a bunch of people have found ways around it to add it to their carts. take out the one you don't want from your cart, I got this one on twitter and someone added a referral tag to the link but whatever. https://www.amazon.com/gp/item-dispatch ... isFunko-20

edit: I guess the digital one sold out.

d2michael

Postby mondays » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:03 pm

Managed to get a disc version preordered on amazon but will be going insane tomorrow trying to find a digital version that i can also pick up on launch day

mondays

Postby figaro2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:03 am

i managed to get an amazon pre-order for the digital edition just for hell of it because they dont pre-charge (probably won't be able to afford one of these dumb things a month and a half from now anyways!!)

but I also got an email via Sony that I got selected in their lottery to pre-order one through them...if theres a way to pass this off to anyone here I'd be happy to oblige
figaro2

Postby katastroika » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:07 am

iambic wrote:
katastroika wrote:what's a magic ssd

it was a bit about how playstation game fans have been crowing about how the ps5's architecture and ssd outpaces anything currently in existence

see: https://www.theverge.com/21256299/epic- ... e-next-gen

as gambra pointed out, the pc has caught up: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/ne ... echnology/

i legitimately thought i saw "magic ssd" trending on twitter lmao
i've been to three mile island and silent hill i fixed my ugly gross third eye with a 12v power drill i've been to la and nyc but there was nothing there but cops and everybody died while everybody watched

katastroika

Postby Adult Contemporary » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:21 am

I pre-ordered a PS5 digital edition because I'm dumb.

prices here are $660 USD for the PS5 and $540 USD for the PS5 DE, which is insane.

demon's souls looks great, I hope there are no loading times.

Adult Contemporary

Postby bluemovers » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:48 am

damn wtf i missed the preorders?

bluemovers

Postby sevenarts » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:31 am

I tried for like 2 hours to get one from Best Buy last night and could never complete it, and then it just suddenly updated to "sold out." Seems like that was the experience for many people. Hope I'll be able to get one of these this year.

sevenarts

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:31 am

so I only saw part of that announcement. what wa the deal with the psplus thing? something to do with only being able to play ps4 games with that? i don't mind cause i have ps plus but i DON'T love a situation where they're only available as some kinda online subscription thing, as opposed to being able to use physical or at least digital downloads.

basically i just need to at least be able to play bloodborne, sekiro,dks3, mgsv and phantom pain. but it seems like this ISN'T gonna make my ps4 obsolete necessarily?
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:37 am

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:so I only saw part of that announcement. what wa the deal with the psplus thing? something to do with only being able to play ps4 games with that? i don't mind cause i have ps plus but i DON'T love a situation where they're only available as some kinda online subscription thing, as opposed to being able to use physical or at least digital downloads.

basically i just need to at least be able to play bloodborne, sekiro,dks3, mgsv and phantom pain. but it seems like this ISN'T gonna make my ps4 obsolete necessarily?

i still dont get this new psn+ thing myself, but if like my entire library of free games is enhanced on the ps5 and all run at 120fps or whatever, im gonna be pretty happy
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby sevenarts » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:38 am

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:so I only saw part of that announcement. what wa the deal with the psplus thing? something to do with only being able to play ps4 games with that? i don't mind cause i have ps plus but i DON'T love a situation where they're only available as some kinda online subscription thing, as opposed to being able to use physical or at least digital downloads.

The PS+ thing is that they're going to have a library of free PS4 games included as part of your PS+ subscription.

But you'll also be able to play any games you've bought through PSN or any discs you have too.

The PS+ library just seems like a bonus.

sevenarts

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:43 am

sevenarts wrote:
But you'll also be able to play any games you've bought through PSN or any discs you have too.

yeah if this is true about ps4 games then great! i assume it's not BC with any older systems? would love to not NEED my ps3 but i have lots of physical games plus some psn ps1 games on there
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Hugh » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:43 am

Of course I fell asleep like 15 minutes before Amazon pre-orders went live.

Hugh

Postby mellowgold » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:46 am

sevenarts wrote:I tried for like 2 hours to get one from Best Buy last night and could never complete it, and then it just suddenly updated to "sold out." Seems like that was the experience for many people. Hope I'll be able to get one of these this year.

this is basically what happened to me too. ill never be a true gaymer
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.

mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby bluemovers » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:23 am

bluemovers

Postby jack » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:33 am

sam's club sold out now.

it owns that right after sony announced preorders would be available the next day, everyone put them up immediately and sold out.

jack

Postby Lucky » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:33 am

Is there any info about how back-compatibility would work with disc/non-disc versions?

Just log in to your account and download yr old games?
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death

Lucky

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:43 am

Lucky wrote:Is there any info about how back-compatibility would work with disc/non-disc versions?

Just log in to your account and download yr old games?

apparently "99% of all ps4 games will work" whatever that means. That's as BC as it'll go i think
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....