Videogame Thread

'Cause I've been postin' and laughin' so long
That even my momma thinks that my mind is gone

Postby walt whitman » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:57 pm

amazing soundtrack usually
“Short film, Long film, It’s ALL film!” - Walt Whitman

walt whitman

Postby iambic » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:15 pm

chairkicker wrote:why is that a controversial thought? it's a jrpg as an action rpg. is that fact somehow disqualifying it? because there's tons of other obvious overlap in its structure, its towns, its npcs, its sidequests, its fishing minigame. i dont care if automata is the only nier you know

don't fuss at me, I was commending you on your bravura opinions

iambic

Postby surly » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:34 pm

walt whitman wrote:silent protagonist

the fuck
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby deadbass » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:44 pm

According to Jeff Grubb, Remedy is making Alan Wake 2

deadbass

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:48 pm

So far you guys have filtered out every videogame except GTA 3

Down n dirty rufus

Postby chairkicker » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:02 pm

filtered out?

chairkicker

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:05 pm

if i were to hack my ps3, i'd be able to basically play anything from the ps1 and ps2 classics from the store on there right? would there be any downsides like, can i still play dark souls online or whatever? anyone got any good guides? i feel like someone posted one semi-recently but don't remember if it was this thread or what
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby whatabout tim » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:09 pm

Outriders has been a ton of fun so far. The mobility with the trickster in particular has been great.
tim

whatabout tim

Postby housesitter » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:14 pm

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:if i were to hack my ps3, i'd be able to basically play anything from the ps1 and ps2 classics from the store on there right? would there be any downsides like, can i still play dark souls online or whatever? anyone got any good guides? i feel like someone posted one semi-recently but don't remember if it was this thread or what

iirc PS3 locks you out of online and will possibly ban your account if you play online from a jailbroken console. still worth doing though.
mcwop23 wrote:goddamnit, how am I being a terrible person now?

Image Image

housesitter
ok

Postby housesitter » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:28 pm

I considered starting a separate thread if people are interested, but I have begun compiling a list of everything that's gonna die when PSN closes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fLtkJ4CkjLDxHDrcexhIZ186ucd0Y4bhNhUn2DK9X7A/edit

I focused on PSX and PS2 stuff to start, since that stuff is very scarce and becoming insanely pricey. I have included the current going rate for any physically available titles, as well as notes on whether and how they were ported, remade, etc. ("Thirst" here is purely subjective -- what I recommend based on what I've played or things I've read, factoring in whether it's feasible to play the game on another platform.)

WIP stuff:
I have pasted in lists of PSP games that were available to download for Vita/PSTV. Unsorted for now.
I do not plan on going through full lists of PS Vita and PS3 stuff simply because of the sheer amount of shovelware digi-only stuff that got released for PC and every console.
I do however plan on trying to get a sense of which Vita and PS3 games are exclusives and haven't been remade elsewhere. This will also become instructive for what will start increasing in price.
Sorry for U.S. bias here.

Image Image

housesitter
ok

Postby gambra » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:39 pm

https://nopaystation.com/

That has .tsv files (they open in Google docs as spreadsheets) of pretty much everything that's going away. Obviously this is normally used to rip things off PSN but it's a good list to save you some time.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

gambra

Postby gambra » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:40 pm

Physical collecting is obviously a different issue but if you want games digitally it really won't be an issue once it goes down, there'll be ways to get the games one way or another unless you want relatively obscure Japan only PSP DLC or something.

gambra

Postby housesitter » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:43 pm

Oh hell yeah, thank you! This makes the Vita list much easier.

Image Image

housesitter
ok

Postby gambra » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:44 pm

housesitter wrote:
Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:if i were to hack my ps3, i'd be able to basically play anything from the ps1 and ps2 classics from the store on there right? would there be any downsides like, can i still play dark souls online or whatever? anyone got any good guides? i feel like someone posted one semi-recently but don't remember if it was this thread or what

iirc PS3 locks you out of online and will possibly ban your account if you play online from a jailbroken console. still worth doing though.

PS3 online is relatively safe even with a hacked console but the methods are hard to find these days as it's pretty old, I would just put a burner account on there in case you have a PSN account of a 4/5 that could potentially get banned.

gambra

Postby gambra » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:49 pm

housesitter wrote:Oh hell yeah, thank you! This makes the Vita list much easier.

It's a great site. You'll need to filter the lists to regions you actually want, it covers US/EU/JP/Asia. Also it might seem like it's missing a lot based on the bar charts on the main page but it's mainly because of the Asia region games being missing or like as you said, 30% or so of PS3 just being shovelware.

gambra

Postby Aeris » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:01 pm

dr. badvibes wrote:what are the actual markers of a jrpg? for me it's random battles, being bored for about 35% of your playtime, and characters who don't act like people

Do you play any other video games or have you neglected to apply these percentages to literally every other game

Aeris

Postby Aeris » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:01 pm

Goddammit I need to buy so many video games on my vita before it gets shut down

Aeris

Postby Aeris » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:04 pm

Oh shit my physical vita library is gonna become like fucking doge coin op....

Aeris

Postby Double McDouble » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:41 am

Woah MLB The Show 21 is coming to game pass day one? I should just consider dumping the PS5 at this point
Double McDouble

Postby lodger » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:06 pm

Yeah Xbox has been killing it. Between Game Pass and Sony's dumb attitude towards old stuff I do kind of wish I went with the Series X instead of PS5.

I mean, The Show is going to be included on Game Pass versus $70 on PS5? I understand Sony lost exclusive rights to MLB but this is just wild

lodger

Postby Sutro » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:14 pm

when the rubick cliffs me before the runes spawn

Sutro

Postby jca » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:45 pm

rofl

jca

Postby whatabout tim » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:57 pm

Kind of wild that the show is launching on game pass. Microsoft dropping bags
tim

whatabout tim

Postby surly » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:18 pm

i'm kinda shocked sony agreed to do that, given that they still own the company that makes the show
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby whatabout tim » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:17 am

You can set your Xbox to New Zealand and play when it unlocks there no problem. People are going to be so pissed when Xbox people are playing the show almost a day early.
tim

whatabout tim

Postby RIXX » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:33 am

Hey this has probably been asked before but how do I know if Ghost of Tsushima has installed the 4K/60fps PS5 update? I have it on disc, on the main PS5 Home Screen if I hover over the GoT icon, it says “Ghost of Tsushima | PS4 (disc icon)”

RIXX

Postby broodstar » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:09 am

is outriders simply the best game ever

broodstar

Postby That Demon Life » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:11 am

lodger wrote:Yeah Xbox has been killing it. Between Game Pass and Sony's dumb attitude towards old stuff I do kind of wish I went with the Series X instead of PS5.

I mean, The Show is going to be included on Game Pass versus $70 on PS5? I understand Sony lost exclusive rights to MLB but this is just wild

I'm holding off for a couple years to decide because I assume the choice will be pretty clear by then. If ES6 can manage to get released in that time frame, it could certainly tilt things in one direction.

That Demon Life

Postby whatabout tim » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:22 am

broodstar wrote:is outriders simply the best game ever

Everything about it screams b game, but I’ve been having a ton of fun. Almost gives me prototype vibes with some of the powers. Honestly the worst thing they did was give you the option to go into cover when that should be reserved for the enemies.
tim

whatabout tim

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:32 am

That Demon Life wrote:
lodger wrote:Yeah Xbox has been killing it. Between Game Pass and Sony's dumb attitude towards old stuff I do kind of wish I went with the Series X instead of PS5.

I'm holding off for a couple years to decide because I assume the choice will be pretty clear by then. If ES6 can manage to get released in that time frame, it could certainly tilt things in one direction.

i recently picked up a series s as an impulse purchase to put next to my ps5 and frankly it's all i've been playing the past month. If it wasn't for disco elysium, my ps5 would probably sit unused until returnal
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

PreviousNext

Return to Poster's Paradise