Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby k_uger » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:07 pm

snagged a front row rear stage for 12/29 in the re:re today, just need NYE now
we are mrs pizza shit
k_uger

Postby VHGisdead » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:30 pm

I snagged one too, Sec 111 row 6

we'll prob be within spitting distance of each other?
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.
VHGisdead

Postby k_uger » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:38 pm

Wait, seriously? same row.. probably next to each other.. are you kidding me?!
we are mrs pizza shit
k_uger

Postby k_uger » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:19 pm

VHG is also the guy that texted me offering a ticket for the 30th literally an hour after I had decided to myself that I was going... it’s all in the braphecy
we are mrs pizza shit
k_uger

Postby VHGisdead » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:16 am

lol looks like k_uger and I ender up two seats away from each other in today's quick ticketmaster re-up
VHGisdead

Postby Franco » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:54 am

Nice. I’m 112 on the 28th. Love it back there
Franco

Postby k_uger » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:41 am

tell you what, YEM is decidedly on any top 10 BD jams list I’d make, possibly as high as 5 or 6... it’s REALLY fucking good
we are mrs pizza shit
k_uger

Postby VHGisdead » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:18 pm

Franco wrote:Happy 12/6

Tweezerbella still good
VHGisdead

Postby Quigley » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:28 pm

k_uger wrote:tell you what, YEM is decidedly on any top 10 BD jams list I’d make, possibly as high as 5 or 6... it’s REALLY fucking good

Trey going to put his guitar down and then doing the Izabella riff with Mike instead was boss.
Quigley

Postby Franco » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:32 pm

The fucking exhuberance that permeated the whole show. There are some huge fuckups in the first half of set one and nobody cared.

There must have been every possible brand of phish and crowd energy displayed at some point over those shows. That Glazed air was new to me
Franco

Postby VHGisdead » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:43 pm

I felt MSG move for the first time during Rift
VHGisdead

Postby Franco » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:50 pm

You can hear that moment in the AUD too
Franco

Postby k_uger » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:47 pm

picked up a client a few properties down the old dirt road from the barn today

it was a fucking winter wonderland out there today
we are mrs pizza shit
k_uger

Postby guy forget » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:25 pm

honest question, do they still hang out in the barn a lot these days? or is it more a relic of their older years
guy forget

Postby k_uger » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:59 pm

as far as I know it’s still an important spot for tour rehearsal as well as writing new material collectively (the Wingsuit set was largely put together their before they went into the studio)
we are mrs pizza shit
k_uger

Postby k_uger » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:15 am

I did another pass at the BD and made another 27 song playlist, making the following observations / agreements with some of y'all's recommendations:

7/22 - DWD > Strawberry Letter 32 & Split Open and Melt > DWD Reprise are both wonderful segments of music... they're just really good. Guy is right, Strawberry is totally underrated..

7/23 - Boogie On Reggae Woman > Wading - I swear everything they touched that night turned to gold, because this could have easily made any highlight reel.. a short, airy, type-2ish Boogie followed by a stunningly gorgeous Wading (see also: 10/23/13).. and that Boogie on represents the 5th type-2 jam of that night

7/28 - Divided - really good

7/30 - Home - also really good

8/4 - Prince Caspian > Fluffhead - I forgot what a thoroughly COMPLETE set this was.. the type-I peak in Caspian is very old school wonderful, reminding me of some of the really stunning versions from 97/98, only for the jam to dissolve into beautiful ambient dissonance and come out into a truly explosive Fluff.. a fantastic, exuberant, triumphant version.. the Page / Trey call and response section is particularly good

8/5 - Gotta Jibboo - in retrospect I think the the Fuck Your Face / Sunshine of Your Feeling combo that followed this jam induced a mass amnesia with regards to anything that came before it.. because this Jibboo is absolutely amazing! wow... just... so perfect.. edges out 11/1/13 as my favorite version I've ever seen with aplomb
we are mrs pizza shit
k_uger

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....