DC UNIVERSE: Zack Snyder's Justice League Now Streaming

'Cause I've been postin' and laughin' so long
That even my momma thinks that my mind is gone

Postby Aeris » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:09 pm

The superman does the walk of life

Aeris

Postby reversemigraine » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:09 pm

Wait, there's a B&W version on HBO Max now??

reversemigraine

Postby reversemigraine » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:09 pm

Called JUSTICE IS GRAY???

reversemigraine

Postby endor holocaust » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:56 pm

reversemigraine wrote:I just realized that we haven't heard from Todd yet.

Finally watched today and read through the read looking for his take.

Genuinely surprised at the response this is getting, if you’d told me HBO released this on their own as The Snyder Cut without his buy-in I wouldn’t be shocked. It was incredibly bland and out of sync with the rest of his DC stuff. I really agree with Light Rail Coyote’s earlier take about the 4 hour runtime is used well, but it doesn’t have anything to say in the usual Snyder dudebro voice.

endor holocaust

Postby odilon redon » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:25 pm

just happily purchased a black suit cavill superman funko pop to add to my growing collection of immaturity totems
I look at bluegrass music as this sort of glowing ball. The point is to relax the technique around the glowing ball of feeling.

odilon redon

Postby average deceiver » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:22 pm

reversemigraine wrote:Wait, there's a B&W version on HBO Max now??

#snyderboysummer a new cut every week until labor day

average deceiver

Postby Lowercase Tea » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:48 pm

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/ray-fisher-opens-up-about-justice-league-joss-whedon-and-warners-i-dont-believe-some-of-these-people-are-fit-for-leadership

Dunno if it goes in sensitive topics, but Ray Fisher shared more about what was going on during Joss's shitty directing.
Lowercase Tea

Postby Bad Craziness » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:05 am

remember how so many people went completely insane over the idea of this for years and it turned out to be completely underwhelming?

Bad Craziness

Postby RIXX » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:08 am

Bad Craziness wrote:remember how so many people went completely insane over the idea of this for years and it turned out to be completely underwhelming?

this is not the consensus of this thread sorry

RIXX

Postby RIXX » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:09 am

Lowercase Tea wrote:https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/ray-fisher-opens-up-about-justice-league-joss-whedon-and-warners-i-dont-believe-some-of-these-people-are-fit-for-leadership

Dunno if it goes in sensitive topics, but Ray Fisher shared more about what was going on during Joss's shitty directing.

wow

Whedon sent out an email asking for questions, comments or "fulsome praise," but Fisher says it became clear: "All he was looking for was the fulsome praise." Trying to strike a jocular tone, Fisher responded that he mourned the loss of the Cyborg material but was moving on. He said he had notes to avoid issues in terms of representation of the character. But in a call with Whedon, Fisher says he had barely started to talk when the filmmaker cut him off. "It feels like I'm taking notes right now, and I don't like taking notes from anybody — not even Robert Downey Jr.," he said. Other sources on the project say Whedon was similarly dismissive of Gadot and Momoa when they questioned new lines.

RIXX

Postby MikeyJ » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:34 am

cyborg plotline was the best part and held the whole movie together. ya just can't trust a guy named joss
Do you think anyone but the most pretentious aristocrats could have felt that way before we trapped music in vinyl? I doubt it.

MikeyJ

Postby avenue » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:20 am

I cherish every opportunity to see Geoff Johns get a kicking.

avenue

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:42 am

It seems more and more likely that Johns was fixated on roping Whedon into being the DCEU's talisman -- not exactly a Feige, necessarily, but at least some kind of creative coordinator or face of the franchise -- and was willing to do anything to make him happy, including (but not limited to) allowing him to start almost from scratch on Justice League. It's clear at this point that a caretaker director could have cobbled together a theater-ready release without needing to go through extensive reshoots and rewrites, so the only explanation for why WB let Whedon do exactly that is because it's what his ego demanded.

reversemigraine

Postby Althea » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:46 am

Every statement in that article by Johns's rep just makes him sound worse and worse, it's comical
The cosmos, sorry (she/her)

Althea

Postby reversemigraine » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:49 am

Yeah, they basically don't deny any of Fisher's claims, but rather just try to offer a different interpretation.

IIRC, in the VF profile of Snyder, Johns basically tries to get by with saying "I'm not with DC anymore!" and tries to leave it at that.

reversemigraine

Postby Lowercase Tea » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:55 am

Althea wrote:Every statement in that article by Johns's rep just makes him sound worse and worse, it's comical

Johns' spokesperson says: "What were standard continuity notes for a scene are being spun in a way that are not only personally offensive to Geoff, but to the people that know who he is, know the work he's done and know the life he lives, as Geoff has personally seen firsthand the painful effects of racial stereotypes concerning hair and other cultural stereotypes, having been married to a Black woman who he was with for a decade and with his second wife, who is Asian American, as well as his son who is mixed race."

Basically the racial version of “As the father of an 8 year old girl ...”

Also speaking of Joss’s fucking prick quotes.

But he shot the take. As he arrived on set, he says, Whedon stretched out his arms and said a line from Hamlet in a mocking tone: "Speak the speech, I pray you, as I pronounced it to you." Fisher replied, "Joss — don't. I'm not in the mood." As he left the set after saying just that one phrase for the cameras, he says, Whedon called out, "Nice work, Ray."
Lowercase Tea

Postby Hal Jordan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:13 am

RIXX wrote:
Lowercase Tea wrote:https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/ray-fisher-opens-up-about-justice-league-joss-whedon-and-warners-i-dont-believe-some-of-these-people-are-fit-for-leadership

wow

Whedon sent out an email asking for questions, comments or "fulsome praise," but Fisher says it became clear: "All he was looking for was the fulsome praise." Trying to strike a jocular tone, Fisher responded that he mourned the loss of the Cyborg material but was moving on. He said he had notes to avoid issues in terms of representation of the character. But in a call with Whedon, Fisher says he had barely started to talk when the filmmaker cut him off. "It feels like I'm taking notes right now, and I don't like taking notes from anybody — not even Robert Downey Jr.," he said. Other sources on the project say Whedon was similarly dismissive of Gadot and Momoa when they questioned new lines.

what stood out in this passage for me was the final line after the bolded one. like, their way to diminish how insulting joss was to ray fisher is by saying "joss wasn't an asshole to ray because he's racist, he's an asshole to everyone!"
A lamp with a white shade was knocked over and broken. Someone was smoking pot. “This is the pot room!” a young man said.

Hal Jordan

Postby virtuous » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:16 am

Hal Jordan wrote:
RIXX wrote:

wow

what stood out in this passage for me was the final line after the bolded one. like, their way to diminish how insulting joss was to ray fisher is by saying "joss wasn't an asshole to ray because he's racist, he's an asshole to everyone!"

except cavill and affleck....for some reason.
virtuous

Postby Rhodes » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:17 pm

I had no idea Johns was married to women and had a kid.

But yeah, that "Geoff can't be racist, he's had a black wife *and* an Asian wife!" statement is really something.

Rhodes

Postby avenue » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:48 pm

"Geoff is personally offended when you point out his racism in this manner"

avenue

Postby unscrambled » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:55 pm

geoff johns ruined DC comics for me. ROT!

unscrambled

Postby Drinky » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:05 am

I've never been a big Geoff Johns fan, but I did work on a Johns-run show and have met him. It was a really pleasant experience for us, and as far as I knew it was for everyone else, too, so this is all pretty disappointing.

I'm inclined to want to put the blame on Whedon and dumb Warner execs, but Johns' responses to all of this do really suck.

Drinky

Postby Hal Jordan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:19 am

Rhodes wrote:I had no idea Johns was married to women and had a kid.

But yeah, that "Geoff can't be racist, he's had a black wife *and* an Asian wife!" statement is really something.

don;t forget:

Johns - whose spokesperson requested that he be identified as Lebanese American

just some really awful, tonedeaf responses from his rep.
A lamp with a white shade was knocked over and broken. Someone was smoking pot. “This is the pot room!” a young man said.

Hal Jordan

Postby odilon redon » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:56 pm

hollywood is eating itself alive via the snyderverse and i lovitz
I look at bluegrass music as this sort of glowing ball. The point is to relax the technique around the glowing ball of feeling.

odilon redon

Previous

Return to Poster's Paradise