Boom Boom Bang Bang
23%
Big Jesus rising
23%
He ate the bones
55%

Total votes : 40

Postby big zorb » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:22 pm

delgriffith wrote:Does anybody else feel like the actor who plays his son seems like he's from a completely different show? Did I already talk about this? It's not like he's a bad actor necessarily, and the character is fairly thinly written so he's just doing what the PIzza Man says, I just feel like he's... not believably part of this same world.

sometimes it seems like you're from a different show...the show of guys who suck and are dumb!
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby delgriffith » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:25 pm

big zorb wrote:
delgriffith wrote:Does anybody else feel like the actor who plays his son seems like he's from a completely different show? Did I already talk about this? It's not like he's a bad actor necessarily, and the character is fairly thinly written so he's just doing what the PIzza Man says, I just feel like he's... not believably part of this same world.

sometimes it seems like you're from a different show...the show of guys who suck and are dumb!

delgriffith

Postby pzadvance » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:26 pm

maybe that is because he is the cyborg man

pzadvance

Postby pzadvance » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:28 pm

the cyborg man

pzadvance

Postby big zorb » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:29 pm

i mostly support the idea that the elisa the true criminal is just a critique of dumb true crime people but that doesn't make it better and even if you want to do that own (which is pretty low-hanging fruit) did you really have to make it the centerpiece of your narrative? i guess the only other reason would be some cRaZy reveal about who elisa is but again, very little of this season seems focused on TWISTS!Toggle Spoiler

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby pzadvance » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:36 pm

the only two writers the pizzaman shares credit with this season are david milch and the dude who wrote the love guru

pzadvance

Postby loaf angel » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:42 pm

whoa what is cyborg man? does cyborg man exist in the TD universe
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby loaf angel » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:44 pm

pzadvance wrote:the only two writers the pizzaman shares credit with this season are david milch and the dude who wrote the love guru

that explains old Roland talking dating advice to his puppy
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby pzadvance » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:43 pm

loaf angel wrote:whoa what is cyborg man? does cyborg man exist in the TD universe

holy shit
ImageToggle Spoiler

pzadvance

Postby aububs » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:34 am

I didn't think this, but now I do
astonishing vigils

aububs

Postby Wrong Titus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:25 am

aububs wrote:

I didn't think this, but now I do

Yes! It's been bugging me too. It even seems the scenes he's in are lit differently and take place on a more obvious set. Like from a network drama that has to pump out 25 eps a year.

Wrong Titus

Postby Wrong Titus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:30 am

Between this show and just watching the Suspiria remake, I'm gonna need to declare a moratorium on fake grampy walks.

Wrong Titus

Postby pzadvance » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:59 pm

he does seem like someone from a network casting call, for sure. too buff, too polished and pretty to fit into the "dark 'n' gritty" pizzaesthetic.

i remember watching under the dome, the cbs show, after a few years of only having watched like, mad men and breaking bad and hbo shows, and it was so jarring to see the actors who got cast in that, esp. in the younger roles. its seemingly just a whole different tier of criteria, all about who looks best on a billboard and who has more washboard abs or whiter teeth as opposed to who fits into the world of the show most naturally

pzadvance

Postby Viola Swamp » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:02 am

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:did you guys know that the spiral represents pedophilia??

vampire weekend tie-in

Viola Swamp

Postby big zorb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:38 am

tonight we detect one last time...

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby separator » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:40 am

It really is a bummer that the mystery was spoiled through a self released behind the scenes video like a week into the season

separator

Postby big zorb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:43 am

separator wrote:It really is a bummer that the mystery was spoiled through a self released behind the scenes video like a week into the season

yeah. it's been so long now i forgot that wasn't already knowledge within the episodes seen

i wonder how that would color my perception of this season

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Contristo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:44 am

Yeah, was hoping it would be something crazy - even if a bit nonsensical - but the plot being basically what was widely guessed after episode 1-2 is a bummer. I know this season is “more about the characters than the mystery” — but the character development in ‘80 and ‘90 isn’t really all that interesting to me. 2015 has some gripping stuff character-wise, especially regarding Hayes’ memory stuff, but the meat of the mystery was so incredibly predictable.

I figured I would at least have one unanswered question coming into the finale regarding the mystery, but nope. It hasn’t even been fun to theorize past ep2, since the whole setup was evident. Been more of a discussion on the acting and cinematography, which is fine because it’s this season’s strengths, but I’ve been craving a quality mystery to make wacky theories about.

Enjoyed the great acting though. Scoot, Dorff, and Mahershala all amazing. Shame Pizza couldn’t give us a consuming mystery with depth.
Last edited by Contristo on Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Contristo

Postby OLD SAINT RIXX » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:59 am

somehow I saw the spoiler image and still didn't piece together what exactly I was seeing, so I'm still going into tonight dark. I refuse to let my brain recall it and think about it any further

OLD SAINT RIXX

Postby warmjets » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:48 am

Cinematography a strength this season? Outside of a few cool shots earlier on, this whole damn thing was shot in rooms

warmjets

Postby warmjets » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:49 am

But I agree with everything else you said, Contristo

warmjets

Postby warmjets » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:49 am

Who knows though, maybe they will shock us tonight with something

warmjets

Postby big zorb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:55 am

i have a date this afternoon but little does she know my true date is with wayne "purple" hayes and roland "doesn't have a nickname" west this evening

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby OLD SAINT RIXX » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:00 am

it's roland "tembo" west

(wayne is a big JPII fan, nick pizza said in an interview)

OLD SAINT RIXX

Postby big zorb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:10 pm

del, please post with us as you watch this tonight

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby dan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:17 pm

dan

Postby dada » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:19 pm

glad we'll be able to cool off with some lighthearted Crashing after all this drama unfolds

dada

Postby Cone » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:33 pm

Biggest reveal I’m looking forward to tonight:

ImageToggle Spoiler

Cone

Postby The Dirty Turtle » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:29 pm

ok

The Dirty Turtle
ok

Postby domesticwhite » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:30 pm

The Dirty Turtle wrote:ok

yeah that was bizarre

domesticwhite

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....