New anime thread

'Cause I've been postin' and laughin' so long
That even my momma thinks that my mind is gone

Postby Pashmina » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:17 am

hector doepos wrote:up to episode 9 in made in abyss and hooo boy this show fucking rips. beautiful world. great style. great characters and story. most importantly its just so much fun. everything i want in an anime.

deca dence looks amazing im gonna watch it next for sure

such a good goddamn show i love it
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Annie May » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:06 pm

Finding out that the creator of made in abyss is a admitted pedo kind of soured me on it a bit
hamberders & covfefe

Annie May

Postby Annie May » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:07 pm

BigPoppaPum wrote:Finished Hunter X Hunter and I would not recommend it. It's just standard shounen garbage. There's one good arc (Yorknew City arc) but the amount of shit you have to wade through is not worth it. The Chimera Ant arc is probably the most frustrating piece of media I've seen in ages

I didn't enjoy it on my rewatch this year as much as i did when i watched it years ago but hey now
hamberders & covfefe

Annie May

Postby Annie May » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:08 pm

Anyway i came into this thread to post about jojos bizarre adventure is so fucking good
hamberders & covfefe

Annie May

Postby endless dave » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:35 pm

Annie May wrote:Finding out that the creator of made in abyss is a admitted pedo kind of soured me on it a bit

I remember watching it and being pretty disturbed how much sort of leering pre-pubescent nudity is in the show (and even more so in the manga) so that news didn’t come as a shock when I heard it

endless dave

Postby sunrise » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:23 am

yeah that shit was so obvious in the show i had to drop it.

sunrise

Postby DubaiDutyFree » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:08 am

Binged One Punch Man and loved it but I feel pretty "cucked" by the ending of season 2. I'm too lazy to read the manga so I guess I'll wait a few years. Gonna watch Mob Psycho 100 next
spoiler toggled 8-)Toggle Spoiler

DubaiDutyFree

Postby Skerple » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:50 am

mob so good :-)
Not Recommended
The Development team made one crucial error. They entered into the game an automatic sentry gun called a "Puckle."

Skerple

Postby banquo » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 am

Annie May wrote:
BigPoppaPum wrote:Finished Hunter X Hunter and I would not recommend it. It's just standard shounen garbage. There's one good arc (Yorknew City arc) but the amount of shit you have to wade through is not worth it. The Chimera Ant arc is probably the most frustrating piece of media I've seen in ages

I didn't enjoy it on my rewatch this year as much as i did when i watched it years ago but hey now

I finished this recently, and the way the ant arc played out was definitely something

I'd only recommend s1, and even if you enjoyed it, probably don't continue unless you want to see the dumpster fire going downhill at 1mph. there are a few decent spots, but just few and far between through the next 120eps or whatever

banquo

Postby trigross » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:06 pm

Skerple wrote:mob so good :-)

it really is

trigross
our chow yun-fat

Postby shizaam » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:11 am

is Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water worth watching? finishing an eva rewatch, and hadn't realized anno worked so much on it.

shizaam

Postby jca » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:27 pm

kaguya-sama: love is war is really funny

jca

Postby Gutslab » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:52 pm

i was surprised there was a new season of osomatsu san, so gonna watch that soon. i coincidentally had started on osomatsun kun, which was a prequel to the current one. and still slowly going through DBZ, have like 90 eps left before i do GT

Gutslab

Postby sunrise » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:33 pm

shizaam wrote:is Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water worth watching? finishing an eva rewatch, and hadn't realized anno worked so much on it.

watch kare kano

sunrise

Postby npc » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:42 pm

did anyone follow this series. it starts at Fate zero which is pretty good shonen garb. just capped off the finale in theatres. from creators of Garden of sinners

too much spoilers before edit
Toggle Spoiler
Last edited by npc on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
npc

Postby endless dave » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:37 pm

Skerple wrote:mob so good :-)

I need to convince my girlfriend to watch this with me so I can find the time to do a rewatch of both seasons

I really think it’s a top 3 anime, definitely my favorite multi-season series

endless dave

Postby DubaiDutyFree » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:22 am

Just finished season 3 of Attack on Titan and I'm absolutely blown away by part 2. Phenomenal story and animation. Really hoping they can nail the landing with season 4

DubaiDutyFree

Postby DubaiDutyFree » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:59 am

I think Shigurui may be the best samurai anime I've watched so far.

Pros: It's a great slow-burning drama that ramps up your anxiety to 10. It's animated by Madhouse and the sound in it is really really good. Cons are over the top violence and misogyny that may put you off and some scenes had super dark animation and I couldn't tell what was going on. And seems like you have to finish the story in the mangaToggle Spoiler

DubaiDutyFree

Postby jca » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:38 am

BigPoppaPum wrote:Just finished season 3 of Attack on Titan and I'm absolutely blown away by part 2. Phenomenal story and animation. Really hoping they can nail the landing with season 4

its going to be really good

jca

Postby DubaiDutyFree » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:23 pm

Really enjoyed this Cooking-DJing SoL called Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou. Episodes are like 9min long at a total of 12 episodes. Would defo rec for it's great OST

DubaiDutyFree

Postby pure white soul tendency » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:27 am

i put off nichijou for way too long due to a general aversion to moe character designs

shit is basically modern looney tunes
helloppl wrote:More tribal bullshit. Guess what I'm Roman catholic. U think I give a flying cookie what some forum dweeb thinks of me? I look up to men that pray 14 hrs a day. I forgot the secular humanists are the only ones who get to enjoy Hollywood "entertainments".

pure white soul tendency

Postby shizaam » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:29 pm

have never watched any gundam. can i jump into 08th MS team blind, or are there other things i should watch first?

shizaam

Postby jca » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:59 pm

you can jump in blind. enjoy :)

jca

Postby shizaam » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:15 pm

sweeeeet, thx

shizaam

Postby sunrise » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:29 am

yeah, it's probably the easiest one to just jump in and get a good, tight story.
war in the pocket is also good for that.

sunrise

Postby jca » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:05 pm

banquo wrote:
Annie May wrote:

I finished this recently, and the way the ant arc played out was definitely something

I'd only recommend s1, and even if you enjoyed it, probably don't continue unless you want to see the dumpster fire going downhill at 1mph. there are a few decent spots, but just few and far between through the next 120eps or whatever

rofl

jca

Postby Link » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:44 pm

shizaam wrote:is Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water worth watching? finishing an eva rewatch, and hadn't realized anno worked so much on it.

I'm about three episodes from finishing it.

First half of is amazing, then it regrettably goes into the worst filler I have ever forced myself to watch in any anime ever. Production quality also takes a tragic but sometimes hilarious nosedive. I have never witnessed anything like it.

Seems like they turned the animation and writing quality back on with the flick of a switch with four episodes left. This show should have been 24 episodes, not 39.

Link

Postby Link » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:51 pm

BigPoppaPum wrote:Really enjoyed this Cooking-DJing SoL called Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou. Episodes are like 9min long at a total of 12 episodes. Would defo rec for it's great OST

Every character in this is great except the lead. He's lazy, not curious, has no passion for music, doesn't understand how to play a fucking record on a turntable, doesn't practice anything, but magically inherits the power of DJing because he was "chosen." He's a natural genius at digging because randomly pulls records from the racks without even listening to them and, surprise, they're these perfect deep cuts that impress everyone.

I don't think the creator(s) ever intended it to come out like this but he really is the perfect stand in for the millions of clueless and entitled dudebros who discovered electronic dance music and, through their sheer numbers, very quickly inherited the culture and remade it in their own image.

I love DJ Oily.

Link

Postby Frank » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:44 pm

not new but Goku Midnight Eye is up on Amazon and holy shit the motorcycle-stripper

Frank

Postby shizaam » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:44 pm

Link wrote:

I'm about three episodes from finishing it.

First half of is amazing, then it regrettably goes into the worst filler I have ever forced myself to watch in any anime ever. Production quality also takes a tragic but sometimes hilarious nosedive. I have never witnessed anything like it.

Seems like they turned the animation and writing quality back on with the flick of a switch with four episodes left. This show should have been 24 episodes, not 39.

oh wow

shizaam

PreviousNext

Return to Poster's Paradise