New anime thread

'Cause I've been postin' and laughin' so long
That even my momma thinks that my mind is gone

Postby DubaiDutyFree » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:53 pm

Link wrote:
BigPoppaPum wrote:Really enjoyed this Cooking-DJing SoL called Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou. Episodes are like 9min long at a total of 12 episodes. Would defo rec for it's great OST

Image


Every character in this is great except the lead. He's lazy, not curious, has no passion for music, doesn't understand how to play a fucking record on a turntable, doesn't practice anything, but magically inherits the power of DJing because he was "chosen." He's a natural genius at digging because randomly pulls records from the racks without even listening to them and, surprise, they're these perfect deep cuts that impress everyone.

I don't think the creator(s) ever intended it to come out like this but he really is the perfect stand in for the millions of clueless and entitled dudebros who discovered electronic dance music and, through their sheer numbers, very quickly inherited the culture and remade it in their own image.

I love DJ Oily.


I agree with what you've said but it's kinda weird to criticize an anime protagonist for having typical anime protagonist characteristics
spoiler toggled 8-)Toggle Spoiler
User avatar

DubaiDutyFree
 
Posts: 2707
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 11:06 pm
Location: poggers

Postby Skerple » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:46 pm

please watch
Not Recommended
The Development team made one crucial error. They entered into the game an automatic sentry gun called a "Puckle."
User avatar

Skerple
 
Posts: 4947
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:57 pm

Postby endless dave » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:42 am

The new and final Eva movie is apparently very good and genuinely wraps up the entire concept of the showToggle Spoiler, which is making me look around for camrips real hard right now cause I doubt we get a proper version for 4-6 months

Anno I guess knows how to stick the landing usually but the Rebuild movies, on last view, got progressively worse so I’m ready to see where it went
User avatar

endless dave
 
Posts: 5545
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:25 pm

Postby ducktape » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:51 am

i'm watching higurashi: when they cry gou, the promised neverland season 2, dr. stone: stone wars, and black clover
User avatar

ducktape
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:38 pm
Location: New York City

Postby ducktape » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:05 pm

Top 20 Favorite Anime Television Shows:

1. Monster (2004)
2. Death Note (2006)
3. Mushishi (2005)
4. Kino's Journey (2003)
5. Serial Experiments Lain (1998)
6. Boogiepop Phantom (2000)
7. Higurashi: When They Cry (2006)
8. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006)
9. Ouran High School Host Club (2006)
10. Nana (2006)
11. Great Teacher Onizuka (1999)
12. Love Hina (2000)
13. Honey and Clover (2005)
14. Welcome to the NHK (2006)
15. School Rumble (2004)
16. Azumanga Daioh (2002)
17. FLCL (2000)
18. xxxHOLiC (2006)
19. Haibane Renmei (2002)
20. Requiem from the Darkness (2003)
User avatar

ducktape
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:38 pm
Location: New York City

Postby banquo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:31 pm

banquo wrote:jan 2021 [...] s2 of Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime) and s2 of Yakusoku no Neverland (The Promised Neverland)


slime has been incredibly slow in s2. maybe the finale will be ok this week

neverland has been ok but probably a better binge than a week to week
User avatar

banquo
 
Posts: 5428
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Postby Link » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:31 pm

BigPoppaPum wrote:
Link wrote:
BigPoppaPum wrote:Really enjoyed this Cooking-DJing SoL called Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou. Episodes are like 9min long at a total of 12 episodes. Would defo rec for it's great OST

Image


Every character in this is great except the lead. He's lazy, not curious, has no passion for music, doesn't understand how to play a fucking record on a turntable, doesn't practice anything, but magically inherits the power of DJing because he was "chosen." He's a natural genius at digging because randomly pulls records from the racks without even listening to them and, surprise, they're these perfect deep cuts that impress everyone.

I don't think the creator(s) ever intended it to come out like this but he really is the perfect stand in for the millions of clueless and entitled dudebros who discovered electronic dance music and, through their sheer numbers, very quickly inherited the culture and remade it in their own image.

I love DJ Oily.


I agree with what you've said but it's kinda weird to criticize an anime protagonist for having typical anime protagonist characteristics


you're not wrong
User avatar

Link
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Postby jca » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:00 pm

ducktape wrote:Top 20 Favorite Anime Television Shows:

1. Monster (2004)
2. Death Note (2006)
3. Mushishi (2005)
4. Kino's Journey (2003)
5. Serial Experiments Lain (1998)
6. Boogiepop Phantom (2000)
7. Higurashi: When They Cry (2006)
8. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006)
9. Ouran High School Host Club (2006)
10. Nana (2006)
11. Great Teacher Onizuka (1999)
12. Love Hina (2000)
13. Honey and Clover (2005)
14. Welcome to the NHK (2006)
15. School Rumble (2004)
16. Azumanga Daioh (2002)
17. FLCL (2000)
18. xxxHOLiC (2006)
19. Haibane Renmei (2002)
20. Requiem from the Darkness (2003)

awesome list
never heard of boogiepop
User avatar

jca
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:18 pm

i need a new series. how was 'mononoke'?
User avatar

Down n dirty rufus
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:54 pm

Postby trigross » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:51 am

mononoke is gorgeous and i liked it a lot
User avatar

trigross
our chow yun-fat
 
Posts: 2713
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:38 am
Location: duluth mn

Postby pure white soul tendency » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:30 am

I wish I had more Nichijou to watch.
helloppl wrote:More tribal bullshit. Guess what I'm Roman catholic. U think I give a flying cookie what some forum dweeb thinks of me? I look up to men that pray 14 hrs a day. I forgot the secular humanists are the only ones who get to enjoy Hollywood "entertainments".
User avatar

pure white soul tendency
 
Posts: 5818
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:24 pm

Postby Annie May » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:38 am

What streaming sites are you all using these days?
hamberders & covfefe
User avatar

Annie May
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:14 pm

Postby pure white soul tendency » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:50 am

If you're talking paid stuff both Funimation (6.99) and HiDive (5$ a month, free trial for a month) are pretty cheap and have a bunch of stuff I want to watch on them. No idea wrt pirated stuff.
helloppl wrote:More tribal bullshit. Guess what I'm Roman catholic. U think I give a flying cookie what some forum dweeb thinks of me? I look up to men that pray 14 hrs a day. I forgot the secular humanists are the only ones who get to enjoy Hollywood "entertainments".
User avatar

pure white soul tendency
 
Posts: 5818
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:24 pm

Postby Annie May » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:57 am

Looking for free sites since all the ones i used to use are down. Might look into doing some free trials for the paid sites though.
hamberders & covfefe
User avatar

Annie May
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:14 pm

Postby banquo » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:06 pm

i usually suggest: the watch cartoon online (dot) tv

seems to have pretty much anything animated that i've looked for, and it updates current animes pretty much same-day as release for subbed versions

just choose from the header bar (dubbed or subbed or movies or cartoons (western animated)). when looking in subbed, you'll need to use the romanized version of the title rather than the english translation
Last edited by banquo on Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

banquo
 
Posts: 5428
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:10 pm

if you're looking to download, i've had luck with nyaa (dot) si

no viruses yet!
User avatar

Down n dirty rufus
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:54 pm

Postby garbiel » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:13 pm

nyaa is always good
mactheo wrote:look: i don't understand
User avatar

garbiel
 
Posts: 7476
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:25 pm
Location: Hell, USA

Postby Annie May » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:24 pm

Thanks fellow weebs
hamberders & covfefe
User avatar

Annie May
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:14 pm

Postby shizaam » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:26 am

watched ride your wave last night. not exactly mind game or eizouken, but enjoyable enough. i gotta watch ping pong and tatami galaxy.
User avatar

shizaam
 
Posts: 4250
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Postby DubaiDutyFree » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:37 am

Annie May wrote:Looking for free sites since all the ones i used to use are down. Might look into doing some free trials for the paid sites though.


I'm partial to animepahe with an adblocker
spoiler toggled 8-)Toggle Spoiler
User avatar

DubaiDutyFree
 
Posts: 2707
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 11:06 pm
Location: poggers

Postby jca » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:36 am

shizaam wrote:watched ride your wave last night. not exactly mind game or eizouken, but enjoyable enough. i gotta watch ping pong and tatami galaxy.

are you going thru Masaaki Yuasa's discog? ping pong and tatami are both awesome
User avatar

jca
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Postby shizaam » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:45 am

jca wrote:
shizaam wrote:watched ride your wave last night. not exactly mind game or eizouken, but enjoyable enough. i gotta watch ping pong and tatami galaxy.

are you going thru Masaaki Yuasa's discog? ping pong and tatami are both awesome

slowly working through. kinda stalled out after japan sinks 2020, lol. but ready to get back into the rest.
User avatar

shizaam
 
Posts: 4250
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Postby Gutslab » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:58 pm

watching on-gaku our sound (2019). this is tight
User avatar

Gutslab
 
Posts: 2871
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 11:50 am
Location: the grinzler academy

Postby pure white soul tendency » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:43 pm

Redpilling my girl on Lucky Star
helloppl wrote:More tribal bullshit. Guess what I'm Roman catholic. U think I give a flying cookie what some forum dweeb thinks of me? I look up to men that pray 14 hrs a day. I forgot the secular humanists are the only ones who get to enjoy Hollywood "entertainments".
User avatar

pure white soul tendency
 
Posts: 5818
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:24 pm

Postby shizaam » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:10 pm

just watched the first ep of ping pong. it really is stunning
User avatar

shizaam
 
Posts: 4250
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Postby pixel » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:41 pm

currently binging on s2 of yuru camp and just finished hakumei and mikochi. Absolutely love the wholesome iyashikei genre.
pixel
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:11 pm

Postby Link » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:04 am

I have Crunchyroll and Prime and we're also piggybacking off my partner's family's Netflix and Hulu account.

And I still cannot watch Wonder Egg Priority, Love Is War season 2, that fishing anime from late 2020 or just about anything new that actually looks interesting to me. Just basking in the misery of Attack on Titan because there's few real alternatives to the cookie cutter shit that every new season rolls out.

I actually did sign up for Funimation's streaming service for a couple months two years ago and there was nothing on it that I wasn't already available elsewhere. Seems like they've corrected that.
User avatar

Link
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Postby Viz » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 am

Not a big anime series watcher by any stretch, but my kid convinced me to watch Jujutsu Kaisen and it’s really hitting the spot. Great animation and the characters aren’t horrible. I guess I’ll always stan for impossibly powerful characters throwing people through mountains.
Viz
 
Posts: 2648
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:52 pm

Postby drudge » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:32 am

Image
perhaps at some point i was an energy vampire
User avatar

drudge
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:17 am
Location: 1,000 newborn roses

Postby Robert » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:36 am

Annie May wrote:What streaming sites are you all using these days?


4anime[dot]to
User avatar

Robert
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Poster's Paradise

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ahalfhourago, Annie May, apostrophe, Autarch, black drum, bobble, Clive, Daft Pun, dankwit, danno, Darlene, deebster, Destroid, Double McDouble, Executive Producer, extendedphenotype, Ezekiel Cletus, fakename, FourLegsGood, Fr. Blanc, Future, gallits, gobot, Google [Bot], gug, guidance, hamilton, hansibansix, hbb, honkduh, hoopdog, Intervalo, Kevin McCallister, Longarm, lordofdiapers, Mechanical bird, Merciel, murderhorn, mynameisdan, Night porter, No Good Advice, npc, oh! it's max!, Phil, pinkerton, pixel, rankoutsider, rex, rich uncle skeleton, Robert, Ron, screw, shizaam, speakers, sunglasses, sushi x, tgk, v h g, virile, warmjets, wolfie, wuk, xxx-xxx-xxxx and 156 guests