cats cats cats cats meow meow cats cats

Let's talk hats

Postby port » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:25 am

Average J wrote:The boss

That is an angel if I’ve ever seen one.

port

Postby Average J » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:40 am

auspice wrote:have your other cats tried to reach the evil one yet

yeah, the one above is a persistent investigator. She is also really intent on being friends. The new cat isn't having it. If anyone or anything is equipped to eventually break down the new cat, it's our old cat. She's the sweetest. But also really determined.
-----------------------
make your own hot sauce

Average J

Postby Average J » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:24 am

Cat forced her way back into the crawlspace. I'm going to lose it.
-----------------------
make your own hot sauce

Average J

Postby auspice » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:25 am

Average J wrote:Cat forced her way back into the crawlspace. I'm going to lose it.

....it wasn't closed? what kind of cat are you dealing with exactly?
Joker wrote:"I'm pooping and peeing and I love it!"

- Poop & Pee Magazine

auspice

Postby doublethink0 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:22 am

currently singing this but with CATS CATS CATS

doublethink0

Postby Average J » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:44 pm

auspice wrote:
Average J wrote:Cat forced her way back into the crawlspace. I'm going to lose it.

....it wasn't closed? what kind of cat are you dealing with exactly?

She pushed her way through like a 3 inch gap between a duct and the hole around the duct. Then forced her way through the heavy duty duct tape I had set up as a barrier. Also , this spot is buried in behind our furnace and pretty goddamn inaccessible. I can't block it from the front. This time, to make sure I have it covered I had to get into the crawlspace and go in with some wood planks I fashioned and a drill and drill them into the lath wall to hold them in place.
-----------------------
make your own hot sauce

Average J

Postby auspice » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:54 am

- Poop & Pee Magazine

auspice

Postby Average J » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:37 pm

Had to buy a feral cat trap for the crawlspace. Worked within 2 hours. I think we need to re-home this cat. The rescue agency offered to help. She's just not a good fit here and is extremely unhappy. She needs a different home dynamic. It feels like a failure, but I think it's the right call.
-----------------------
make your own hot sauce

Average J

Postby jalapeño ranch » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:21 am

Sure why not.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby auspice » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:54 pm

fuckin love cats

true experts of physical comedy, no other species comes close

- Poop & Pee Magazine

auspice

Postby Average J » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:24 pm

My cat loves to have her belly rubbed like a dog. It's the best.

-----------------------
make your own hot sauce

Average J

Postby jalapeño ranch » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:28 pm

I want to pet that cat.

Anna is the first cat I've had that loves her belly rubs. When I lay down to sleep at night she darts onto the bed and immediately plops down beside my pillow for belly rubs while I fall asleep.

jalapeño ranch

Postby powderfinger » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:54 am

a fat cat in a skinny basket

powderfinger

Postby auspice » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:07 am

anyone ever take their cat in for their shots only to have one of the vet aids tell you after the fact "oh by the way sometimes up to 50% of animals get hives and need to go to the ER stat, if something happens don't worry you can call us but just remember we close in an hour so just drive your baby (not joking this place calls all the pets "babies") to the animal hospital stat, ok thanks for coming in that'll be 600 dollars"

have never wanted to punch someone in the face so fucking bad. yeah thanks for not going over what appears to be incredibly anxiety-inducing post-vax reaction odds before I agreed to have you jab my fucking cat

- Poop & Pee Magazine

auspice

Postby auspice » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:09 am

Evie was total nightmare on the car ride to/from but was really well-behaved and ok once inside the actual vet's office, was proud of her for that at least. hopefully she doesn't die tonight while I'm fucking sleeping

why did I sign up for this shit. if I'm completely overreacting and misunderstanding vet-speak then I want a straight answer for why you would casually refer to these allergic reaction odds as "50-50," what a weird turn of phrase.

- Poop & Pee Magazine

auspice

Postby Greetalia Guggers » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:59 am

Our vet didn't even warn us and our cat got deathly ill for a day and a half before we brought him back. It sucks ass. There's another cat rabies vax which can cause cancerous tumors at the site of injection and often results in a leg amputation because of where they stick it. (This happened to my friends cat but they were able to remove the growth early since she spotted it easily because he is a hairless breed) I'm kind of against getting them for always indoor cats at this point.

Greetalia Guggers

Postby auspice » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:54 am

Lil Bugger wrote:Our vet didn't even warn us and our cat got deathly ill for a day and a half before we brought him back. It sucks ass. There's another cat rabies vax which can cause cancerous tumors at the site of injection and often results in a leg amputation because of where they stick it. (This happened to my friends cat but they were able to remove the growth early since she spotted it easily because he is a hairless breed) I'm kind of against getting them for always indoor cats at this point.

I guess there's just very poor testing for these vaccines vs. humans? Evie is currently indoor/outdoor (she's from a feral colony so getting her accustomed to being fully indoors will be a challenge). She seemed a bit off after the vet and didn't want to stay long inside, but I eventually coaxed her in with more food and then she passed out on my bed and slept for like 5 hours straight, so I figured she was just sleeping off the lethargy. She woke up around 4 (which is the norm for her) wanting to go back out so I let her out, and I always end up waking again between 6-7 so that's when I'll feed her her first meal of the day and let her back inside so she can nap in my room, but when I did that she only ate a little bit and then really didn't want to stay in my room again (it's the spot where I tricked her into getting inside the carrier yesterday so I guess I should have seen that coming).

So yeah, I'm guessing she's still really tired and clearly lost her appetite a bit, but that's the norm for symptoms after they get vaccinated, it's moreso excessive swelling/hives/breathing issues I need to worry about. She doesn't want to come inside at all but wanted me to hang out in our duplex's back parking lot with her instead, but I need to get a bit more sleep lol. I moved her bed back there so she can use it if she wants. When I had tried to feed her she was still trotting at normal speed and making her usual vocalizations so I'm not worried, I guess right now it's really more of a mood thing and she's just uncomfortable/anxious. We're past the 12 hour mark since the vaccines so I'm hoping she'll be back to normal by the evening, but I guess I won't bother going to my office today so I can stay here and keep an eye on her as I work.

But yeah, I grew up in a cat-friendly household so I'm used to cats getting their shots and had no idea there's actual validity to being sketched out by vaccines when it comes to cats?

- Poop & Pee Magazine

auspice

Postby jalapeño ranch » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:00 am

jalapeño ranch

Postby doublethink0 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:39 am

ominous kit kat casting spells over here

doublethink0

Postby jalapeño ranch » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:36 pm

jalapeño ranch

Postby Bob511 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:57 am

Eric Roberts wrote:Hipinion. Hipinion? Hipinion...is hip.

Bob511

Postby jalapeño ranch » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:20 am

Yesssssssss :twisted:

jalapeño ranch

Postby viachicago » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:57 pm

We're fostering this lil dude right now

It's a good thing we don't have enough room to keep him

viachicago

Postby auspice » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:02 am

jesus what a kitty

as has been documented throughout this thread I took in a Siamese off the street last year and yeah still don't know if it was a good or terrible decision. most adorable but chaotic cats ever

- Poop & Pee Magazine

auspice

Previous

Return to The Hat Zone