Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Franco » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:40 pm

Reading that immediately cured like 15% of my writing/editing performance anxiety

Franco

Postby Feech La Manna » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:17 pm

It reminds me of that Todd Starnes excerpt that went viral way back, but no one ever pretended Starnes was fucking Nabokov
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby easy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:05 pm

I hate this fucking industry

easy
does it

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:35 am

It's pretty cool that the guy the NYT Politics Desk treats like the Midwest Whisperer is indistinguishable from Salena Zito

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby coop » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:20 pm

coop

Postby light rail coyote » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:24 pm

andy ngo has spent all week trying to tie the dayton shooter to antifa, meanwhile an associate of his from portland just got charged for breaking a woman's neck with a police baton during a protest that happened in may. there's literally video of him helping the guy get past a police barricade to help her, video that andy himself filmed.

cool that mainstream media glorified him as an important, impartial journalist. that doesn't put anyone in portland in danger, not at all.

light rail coyote

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:38 am

Fuck yeah

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby ripersnifle » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:50 pm

this is Canadian-specific (and also just kind of confirms what has been thuddingly obvious), but it's still an interesting read
https://www.canadalandshow.com/the-conservative-transformation-of-postmedia/
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.

ripersnifle

Postby joe » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:23 pm

Ft has always been the best business publication, but 25 bones a month for digital always seemed like a bridge too far.

Edit: got it for 3$ a week, probably sbould subscribe to more papers but all the big ones piss me off too consistently

joe

Postby Hal Jordan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:57 pm

object wrote:Weisman tweet weisman tweet

well that was intense

Hal Jordan

Postby light rail coyote » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:06 pm

:)

light rail coyote

Postby Feech La Manna » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:08 pm

The Glenn Thrush special, I’d be happier if I didn’t think he’ll be right back where he was in 6 months

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby coop » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:40 pm

speaking of Thrush...

coop

Postby coop » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:32 pm

coop

Postby Big Oil » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:31 pm

absolute fucking garbage

Big Oil

Postby surly » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:39 pm

some rare good news!

lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby razzle » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:05 pm

Is there an American equivalent to Private Eye magazine
At least we have Hamilton

razzle
ok

Postby easy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:45 am

A human resources representative for Gannett, the parent company of the Arizona Republic, confiscated the work phone of a reporter involved in a campaign to unionize the Phoenix newsroom, the reporter said on Facebook.

Rebekah Sanders, who covers scams and bad business practices, claimed that a Gannett representative "interrogated" her about her "unionizing activity." Afterward, Sanders said, the representative confiscated her work phone.

"I asked how I would conduct interviews the rest of the day. She said, 'You won't.' I asked when I could have it back," Sanders wrote in a public Facebook post. "She said she would let me know. My work cell has all of my contacts and is an integral part of my job."

Sanders told Phoenix New Times that the Gannett representative told her that the phone confiscation was part of a "personnel investigation" into an allegation that she was involved in the "surveillance" of co-workers.

She denied that she participated in any "surveillance" and emphasized that federal law guarantees the rights of workers to talk about workplace issues and organize unions.

"I have for 12 years built a career on my personal integrity and my commitment to reporting the truth and caring for my community," Sanders said. "I don’t believe I’ve done anything wrong."

She added that she has never been disciplined during her career at the Republic.

Gannett could not be reached for comment.

The extraordinary move by Gannett to confiscate work phones and open human resources investigations represented an escalation in the company's attempts to push back on the Republic staff's organizing drive, which started in January after a round of layoffs.

Last week, Republic Executive Editor Greg Burton sent a newsroom-wide email vaguely accusing pro-union employees of "surveilling" their colleagues. Burton's email compared organizers with "crackpots and criminals," alluding to unsavory Arizonans such as the mother-killing state Senate candidate Bobby Wilson and Sue Black, the former Arizona Parks director who oversaw the bulldozing of native antiquities sites.

"These are the types who surveil journalists," Burton wrote. "Journalists don’t surveil other journalists."

Burton also wrote that staffers who engaged in alleged "surveillance" would have their "conduct" addressed "through disciplinary channels."

Two senior employees — reporters Craig Harris and Yvonne Wingett Sanchez — alleged Friday that they were the subject of "surveillance" by union supporters.

"They used an app to document via text messages the real-time movements of me and my colleagues who had reservations about the union effort," Harris wrote on Twitter. He said he had seen the chats in question.

"When those advocating I join their unionization effort wanted to talk to me, I met with them. After I said I had misgivings about it, they started monitoring and logging my movements — as well as my facial expressions during meetings," tweeted Wingett Sanchez. "That is surveillance and it is wrong."

Organizers, however, said that those accusations were an overblown reaction to regular union activity. The alleged "surveillance," organizers said, centered on a text messages sent through Signal, an encrypted messaging app frequently used by investigative journalists to discuss sensitive matters.

Organizers used the chat to discuss regular union activity. Some of the pro-union reporters noted in the chat when employees skeptical of the effort, including Harris, invited reporters in the newsroom to talk outside the office.

"When Gannett is forcing everyone to attend mandatory meetings on all the reasons a union is a terrible idea and employees are suddenly being taken to coffee and questioned about how they feel about their jobs, it’s important to check in with your coworkers," said Maria Polletta, a Republic political reporter who is involved in the organizing drive.

Both Harris and organizers declined to show the chats to New Times.

Federal labor law prohibits employers from "spying" on union activity.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/arizona-republic-editor-unionizing-staff-crackpots-criminals-usa-today-11351624

easy
does it

Postby blurst of times » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:49 am

classic gannett

blurst of times
Site Admin

Postby bachwards » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:24 pm

This was good, but I was surprised about the lack of Brooks.
bachwards

Postby Feech La Manna » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:56 pm

dang

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:37 pm

lmao Neera fucking busted a union

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby delgriffith » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:38 pm

I agree

delgriffith

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:41 pm

I'm the people on Twitter yelling at disgruntled former TP staff that they don't have a job because no one read them while Neera makes $350,000 to retweet the horse account

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby light rail coyote » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:18 pm

this is legitimately fucked

light rail coyote

Postby KPH » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:41 pm

Feech La Manna wrote:I'm the people on Twitter yelling at disgruntled former TP staff that they don't have a job because no one read them while Neera makes $350,000 to retweet the horse account

Like clockwork

KPH

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:43 pm

Can't believe Regina is still going tbh, it's either a Neera alt account or one of the most insanely obsessive people on the planet (over fucking Neera Tanden)

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby light rail coyote » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:49 pm

KPH wrote:
Feech La Manna wrote:I'm the people on Twitter yelling at disgruntled former TP staff that they don't have a job because no one read them while Neera makes $350,000 to retweet the horse account

Like clockwork

I was wondering what she was up to.

I've always been iffy on online pile-ons and stuff and have until recently been pretty meh on the "neera sucks" stuff because she never seemed uniquely evil but after this and the story about her outing an assault survivor at a staff meeting I have to say that I may have been wrong

light rail coyote

Postby light rail coyote » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:51 pm

here's the union statement:

light rail coyote

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:53 pm

I think around the time CAP announced that they were partnering with AEI I felt pretty vindicated about complaining about her all this time. She and CAP are just bad fucking news and pretty much the pinnacle of cynical grifting within the Democratic Party.

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....