Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby wendy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:05 am

I had Dundee Porter tonight and because you guys are my bros I want to make myself very clear: It is not a good beer.

wendy

Postby pissydan » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:26 am

evil olive wrote:I tried a bottle of Brew Dog PUNK IPA tonight. Annoying label on the bottle, decent taste but nothing amazing. Certainly not as aggressive as teh label makes it out to be.

they basically stole that label from stone and arrogant bastard.
As life would have it, Johnny did somebody wrong and they filed a complaint.

pissydan
|ᵆ|>

Postby jbiz » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:11 am

i just tried making a black and tan with a dfh chicory stout and a SA celebration

didn't really work but it tastes good

jbiz

Postby chico » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:48 pm

yeah, brew dog doesn't brew good enough beer to make those labels

chico

Postby deebster » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:30 pm

jbiz wrote:i just tried making a black and tan with a dfh chicory stout and a SA celebration

didn't really work but it tastes good

this sounds like a good idea. I never really considered making a black and tan with anything but the usual suspects

deebster

Postby ueckerist » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:35 pm

evil olive wrote:I tried a bottle of Brew Dog PUNK IPA tonight. Annoying label on the bottle, decent taste but nothing amazing. Certainly not as aggressive as teh label makes it out to be.

the
of beers
Hopefully, people will take a general look at this and see what's the lesson.

ueckerist

Postby evil olive » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:41 pm

haha. perfect analysis.

I think it comes from Sweden? Or am I wrong about that?
listen,

evil olive

Postby ueckerist » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:47 pm

nah, scotland

tasting notes, from their site:

rebellious, post modern
Hopefully, people will take a general look at this and see what's the lesson.

ueckerist

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:54 pm

I was sad when I read that label at first, because I thought it was Dogfish Head who wrote it, and they're awesome.

Founders Imperial Stout is everything I want from a RIS, in that it doesn't taste like a traditional RIS.

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby pissydan » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:04 pm

brew dog's dogma brew is decent.
As life would have it, Johnny did somebody wrong and they filed a complaint.

pissydan
|ᵆ|>

Postby Viola Swamp » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:17 pm

brewdog are going nuts recently

what with the atlantic ipa zephyr and tactical nuclear penguin

and the prices

Viola Swamp

Postby Birds vs Worms » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:46 pm

went christmas shopping

Birds vs Worms

Postby dvr » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:01 pm

that lindemans framboise lamic is goood. real sweet, almost tastes like an Izze.

i picked up these 2 to drink tonight, haven't tried either of them-

Image Image

dvr

Postby evil olive » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:39 pm

Boy whenever I come to a city I realize how terrible the beer selection is in my town.

Just bought this, cracked it immediately and it is great:
Corne du diable (Horn of the Devil)

an ipa from quebec. nice caramel with a hoppy finish. I'm gonna buy more....
listen,

evil olive

Postby Viola Swamp » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:27 pm

got a haul for the long weekend

peche mortel

bell's sparkling ale

laughing dog bourbon barreled dogfather

and a four-pack of fresh dfh ninety

Viola Swamp

Postby Jewtron » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:13 pm

having a bit of vanilla ice cream and drinking a third coast old ale. delicious.

Jewtron

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:17 pm

My sister got me a Saison Rue from the Bruery for Christmas. Totally sweet present.

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby honkduh » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:21 pm

honkduh

Postby deebster » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:30 am

Guy Incognito wrote:so my parents seriously rocked this year on the beer front. 2 bottles of:

though my bottle looks different

and, more importantly, 2 bottles of:

vintage 2006 and 1995 (!) - i'm saving the latter for when i graduate grad school in 2011. will probably have the 2006 tonight cause they wanna try it (my mom was impressed that they keep it in a glass case at the beer store)

Wow these look delicious. Definitely a bit jealous right now. Spent last night drinking Point

deebster

Postby brent » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:56 am

yeah they changed the label on the bourbon barrell this year. it also tastes significantly different than what i remember...still excellent though.

i picked up five six packs yesterday, grocery store had sierra nevada for 5.99 and odell for 6.99

this is going to be a fun weekend

brent

Postby Birds vs Worms » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:17 pm

i remember suggesting this some time ago on the old board to no takers, but does anybody want to do some beer trades on here? there's a lotta beers i want to drink in this thread that i can't get in texas...
Birds vs Worms

Postby brent » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:39 pm

i'd love to do a beer trade. i have no idea how to ship beer though.

brent

Postby Viola Swamp » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Viola Swamp

Postby Birds vs Worms » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:06 pm

i'm down to do trades with three boarders. PM me if you're interested
Birds vs Worms

Postby honkduh » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:28 pm

brent wrote:i'd love to do a beer trade. i have no idea how to ship beer though.

wrap the bottles in old socks or t-shirts then send them fedex ground or ups ground not USPS. I've traded beer a few times that way and have never had any problems. They may ask what you're sending so just say clothing or whatever as they won't open the box if it's packaged nicely and if they do the worse they can do is refuse shipment and then you just repackage it and take it somewhere else.

honkduh

Postby mike » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:53 pm

xmas has been good as we picked up our last two boxes (in Illinois, as you're not allowed to ship beer to Indiana) from the lost abbey saints club - two bottles of red barn and two bottles of gift of the magi. we're now sitting on like 14 bottles of Lost Abbey stuff from this year.

the saints club is ridiculously expensive but my girlfriend paid for it so I'm not complaining.

headed out Wednesday night with the guy that runs stlhops.com and another guy i know through the blogging/twitter thing, and ended up going home with gifted bottles of LA Angel's Share and Old Rasputin XII

Also picked up a bottle of Alpha Kong (which Floyd's made once and then retired - it's a 15% ABV Belgian "Sextuple"), which I remember fondly - there's a bar in Muncie, IN with this ridiculous cellar and the guy is sitting on 11 more bottles. They're like $20 a piece and if it's as good as I remember I have a feeling I'll be buying more.

drank a bottle of last year's Founders KBS last night and I'd have to say that it was a disappointment. Just like when we roundtabled all the Founders beers, I'd say that the regular stuff is better. and cheaper.
retired

mike

Postby mike » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:54 pm

honkduh wrote:
brent wrote:i'd love to do a beer trade. i have no idea how to ship beer though.

wrap the bottles in old socks or t-shirts then send them fedex ground or ups ground not USPS. I've traded beer a few times that way and have never had any problems. They may ask what you're sending so just say clothing or whatever as they won't open the box if it's packaged nicely and if they do the worse they can do is refuse shipment and then you just repackage it and take it somewhere else.

I've heard of shipping the stuff with labels that read "yeast samples", which I guess might help out with the liquid part of the shipping equation.

Never done it myself, though.
retired

mike

Postby Birds vs Worms » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:56 pm

just tell em they're fragile bottles of bbq sauce or something
Birds vs Worms

Postby mike » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:57 pm

Guy Incognito wrote:so my parents seriously rocked this year on the beer front. 2 bottles of:

[img]hand, more importantly, 2 bottles of:

vintage 2006 and 1995 (!) - i'm saving the latter for when i graduate grad school in 2011. will probably have the 2006 tonight cause they wanna try it (my mom was impressed that they keep it in a glass case at the beer store)

there's a liquor store in indianapolis that used to have a ton of really old vintages of that stuff just sitting on dusty shelves - i haven't looked in a while but there were like 10 year old bottles on the shelf if i remember right.

i've got a bottle of either 94 or 96 in the pantry at home - never had it (in any vintage) but i hear it's nice. you'll have to let us know how the 06 is.
retired

mike

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:15 pm

mike wrote:headed out Wednesday night with the guy that runs stlhops.com and another guy i know through the blogging/twitter thing, and ended up going home with gifted bottles of LA Angel's Share and Old Rasputin XII

Was the Angel's Share still carbonated?

Milquetoaster Strudels

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....