Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby haddonfield » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:40 pm

acidity regulator wrote:Image
omnipollo lactos-y stouts are all so similar wtf. this one was real good tho and i hate the nazi ppl

Their designs are crazy good. Currently drinking their zodiac multiverse and I love it
haddonfield

Postby haddonfield » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:59 pm

feel like hermit thrush’s Fou D’or is the best sour on the market. can’t get enough of it
haddonfield

Postby Zurich » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:07 pm

It's really cool that other half has brought back so many collaboration beers for their 5th anniversary

I was stoked to pick up Superfun again. I wish they would bring Doug or Not My Jam back.
Zurich

Postby brent » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:34 pm

Render wrote:
brent wrote:what shelfies y’all going for rn?

fw mind haze is prob the best widely available hazy i’ve ever had. odell wolf picker is my non-hazy go-to.

Yeah just had Mind Haze this weekend. Hell of a deal at 8.99 for a sixer and tastes just as good as the local hazy 4 packs that are 3-4 bucks more.

hell yeah, i love the lower than usual abv too. speaking of local-ish hazies...i may have asked you before but have you been to barn town/whatcha think of it? been thinking about doing a day trip one of these weekends to check it out.
brent

Postby Render » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:41 pm

I haven’t been but have had a couple of their hazy ipas on draft at other places. I like them. Their food looks good but can’t vouch for it. If nothing else you can go to El Bait Shop and/or Iowa Taproom while you’re in town.
Render

Postby acidity regulator » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Burning Sky Cuvee is a great mixed ferm saison. Reminds me of SARA Saison Bernice....not as dialed in but this is in UK so good enough
ImageImageImage
acidity regulator
Site Admin

Postby Arturo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:17 pm

Yep it's a delicious beer
Arturo

Postby aspirinkid » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:23 pm

for shelfies lately i've been reaching for 4-packs of pilsner urquell, guinness or boddingtons lol. super MOR macro import classics. i just get to drink so much good stuff at work i don't often feel like buying beer. as far as what's been on tap at work lately:
firestone gen-1 is a decent hazy with big sticky west coast notes
BFM bon chien (2017) is one of the most wonderful and complex sours i've ever had the pleasure of drinking. i really get the cognac barrel and i'm for it.
lost abbey ghosts in the forest with guava is a very nice fruited sour, most memorable beer i've had from them in awhile
uneticke pivo no. 12 is like the most elemental perfect lager i've ever drank, worth seeking out for fellow pilsner heads
aspirinkid

Postby gazedo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:58 pm

haven't been drinking much recently but open up this gem tonight and was blown away. best thing i have had in a very long time. reminds me a lot of some of the casey wine fruit stand beers i have had.

gazedo

Postby hideout » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:06 am

whoever mentioned the flight prices at mikkeller dtla being out of wack was not kidding. they had a bunch of jester king on for $10/18cl pour but you can get four 5ozs for $20. seems kinda silly but i’m not complaining!

also robo pils at hpb is really damn good
postin' makes me feel good
hideout
ok

Postby deadwolfbones » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:36 pm

BridgePort calls it quits in Portland: https://www.bizjournals.com/portland/ne ... nstay.html
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby pokethedoke » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:25 pm

gazedo wrote:haven't been drinking much recently but open up this gem tonight and was blown away. best thing i have had in a very long time. reminds me a lot of some of the casey wine fruit stand beers i have had.

is this hard to find? I like the branding.
pokethedoke

Postby gazedo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:15 pm

pokethedoke wrote:
gazedo wrote:haven't been drinking much recently but open up this gem tonight and was blown away. best thing i have had in a very long time. reminds me a lot of some of the casey wine fruit stand beers i have had.

is this hard to find? I like the branding.

pretty tough. almost all the bottles go to floodland's beer club. there are a handful of draft events around western washington each year. along with roughly one public bottle sale each quarter. sign up for more info on their website if you are curious.

http://www.floodlandbrewing.com/
gazedo

Postby fury » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:51 am

Can’t wait for the modern times carnival of caffeination on Saturday
fury
ok

Postby bachwards » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:42 pm

I feel like I'm almost singlehandedly keeping my local store stocked with relatively fresh Crooked Stave Von Pilsner. As far as shelf lagers I've had access to go, it's in the same class as Prima, Pivo, and Jack's and Urban Chestnut for me.
bachwards

Postby warmjets » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:44 pm

Urban Chestnut rules. Specifically their Zwickel
warmjets

Postby bachwards » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:38 pm

warmjets wrote:Urban Chestnut rules. Specifically their Zwickel

Yeah I was really excited to try the pilsner after how it placed on those Paste lists and while it was pretty good, I liked the Zwickel a lot more.
bachwards

Postby easy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:49 pm

there should be more zwickels
easy
does it

Postby deadwolfbones » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:21 pm

is Zwickelmania a national thing or just around here? comin up next weekend.
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby deadwolfbones » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:22 pm

oh, I guess it's just Oregon. neat.
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby springheeljack » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:10 pm

I was in Wisconsin over the weekend and grabbed some cans from Hacienda brewing up in Door County. Excellent stuff, favorite new brewery. Will be hunting for more.
springheeljack

Postby brent » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:01 pm

bachwards wrote:I feel like I'm almost singlehandedly keeping my local store stocked with relatively fresh Crooked Stave Von Pilsner. As far as shelf lagers I've had access to go, it's in the same class as Prima, Pivo, and Jack's and Urban Chestnut for me.

von pilsner is my favorite pils.
brent

Postby Render » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:59 am

Render wrote:I haven’t been but have had a couple of their hazy ipas on draft at other places. I like them. Their food looks good but can’t vouch for it. If nothing else you can go to El Bait Shop and/or Iowa Taproom while you’re in town.

Alright Barntown started showing up on drafts around here last week and they're not as good as I remember. They're fine, but I think we have better hazy options around, like Pulpit Rock, Toppling Goliath's smaller release stuff, Big Grove, etc.
Render

Postby Gene Parmesan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 am

springheeljack wrote:I was in Wisconsin over the weekend and grabbed some cans from Hacienda brewing up in Door County. Excellent stuff, favorite new brewery. Will be hunting for more.

they're opening a brewery in milwaukee this summer. i love their stuff and can't wait to have them nearby, even though i visit door county a few times per year.
Gene Parmesan

Postby southpaw » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:33 am

The rash of old-guard breweries closing in PDX is kinda interesting

Wonder which will go next. You'd think Rogue but they'll probably exist forever. It was easier to support these kinds of breweries every once and awhile when grocery stores would sell them for $6.99. Now most boring shelfies are like $12. The $16/4pk seems much more enticing and exciting to consumers
southpaw

Postby deadwolfbones » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 am

southpaw wrote:The rash of old-guard breweries closing in PDX is kinda interesting

Wonder which will go next. You'd think Rogue but they'll probably exist forever. It was easier to support these kinds of breweries every once and awhile when grocery stores would sell them for $6.99. Now most boring shelfies are like $12. The $16/4pk seems much more enticing and exciting to consumers

Widmer maybe?
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby warmjets » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:59 am

Yeah god beer is so expensive now. Been grabbing Bitburger tallboy 4 packs for $5.99 because that shit rules.
warmjets

Postby death is my amigo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:34 pm

is there anybody with access to daisy cutter who would send me some in exchange for a cali-specific beer? is that sort of thing done in this thread?
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
death is my amigo
ok

Postby brent » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:04 am

i should definitely visit russian river if i have the chance right? i'm in sacramento for a few days next week and one of the days i'm driving out to point reyes super early in the AM and thinking about stopping there for lunch on the way back

there seems to be a ton of good options around sacramento these days which certainly was not the case when i went there like ~5 years ago
brent

Postby VHGisdead » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:24 am

death is my amigo wrote:is there anybody with access to daisy cutter who would send me some in exchange for a cali-specific beer? is that sort of thing done in this thread?

Hmm I'd be up for this
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.
VHGisdead

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....