You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby gazedo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:28 am

:roll: :roll: :roll:

gazedo

Postby doormat » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:52 am

it's not that far out of the way if you're headed out to point reyes from the sac. it's worth it.

doormat

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:53 pm

the beerfest i'm going to today is gonna be half empty because a blizzard is going to be hitting at the start of the event. more beer for me!
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked

REAL BASED SLOB

Postby brent » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:02 pm

gazedo wrote::roll: :roll: :roll:

this is me

brent

Postby brent » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:11 pm

i took this picture of gazedo's license plate before i passed him

brent

Postby BlackSugar » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:10 am

so what do you beer dorks think about this?
I come like a thousand doves

BlackSugar
COMING SOON

Postby warmjets » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:40 am

craft beer is dumb, that's what i think

warmjets

Postby Contristo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:49 am

the level of toxicity among grown men in beer trading or brewery-specific fan groups on Facebook is pretty amazing. i sometimes ask myself "what type of person lines up at 3am in the bitter cold for a noon release of beer?" and the conversations in these FB groups make it clear.

my favorite brewery is Equilibrium because they avoid bullshit gimmicks, and release like 2-3 beers every week, so i can just walk in whenever to get stuff and the people there are chill. Hudson Valley Brewing, despite some great beers, is an utter shitshow though. people putting out chairs at 9pm the night before for a noon release.

HVB makes some great fruited beers, but i recommend anyone visiting to avoid release days at all costs and just grab some crowlers on an off day.

Contristo

Postby easy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:07 am

I'm shocked that any place around here still taps trillium kegs but I guess I really shouldn't be

easy
does it

Postby aububs » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:58 am

only pils is real
no buddy not really

aububs

Postby warmjets » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:02 am

Line life culture has to be one of the worst things going in this piece of shit country

warmjets

Postby easy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:05 am

this guy who works at my local beer spot is really nice and helpful and kind and this past weekend he excitedly shoved a $17 4-pack of 16oz hazy new england shit into my hands and said "stop looking—this is what you want. trust me."

so I thought ehh what the hell? I just got paid! and I like this guy! so I bought it and, sure enough, this tastes like every fucking hazy dipa I've had in the last two years

wow!!! so juicy and crushable!!!! such pillowy haze!!!!

fucking dumbest shit

easy
does it

Postby easy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:06 am

I've admittedly never had a *bad* beer from single cut or finback but every time I stroll past their shelves and see those $24 price tags on a g-d four pack I can't help but laugh and laugh

easy
does it

Postby freshweed » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:11 am

:shock: at those prices

freshweed

Postby warmjets » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:13 am

my local craft beer cellar was selling some Hoof Hearted 5% hazy pale ale for $22 a 4 pack. Of course it was contract brewed. I bet it's still there collecting dust.

warmjets

Postby Contristo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:17 am

Finback makes some tasty stuff (Visible Spectrum is good) and i usually see it around the $20 for a 4-pack range, which is still bad, but Singlecut i find to be a ton more inconsistent with some actually sub-par beers, and i see $25-26 4-packs routinely. ridiculous.

i remember getting paid one day, and the beer store was mostly devoid of some fresh stuff beyond a $24 4-pack of Singlecut "Jenny Said Double Dry-Hopped IIPA", so i bought that and it was mostly a malty bomb of nothing memorable despite being only like a week or two old - my tasting note is "Boring malt flavor takes over with a small touch of pine." wish i just went to the grocery store for some SNPA at a 1/3 of the price.

Contristo

Postby Render » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:18 am

brent wrote:i should definitely visit russian river if i have the chance right? i'm in sacramento for a few days next week and one of the days i'm driving out to point reyes super early in the AM and thinking about stopping there for lunch on the way back

there seems to be a ton of good options around sacramento these days which certainly was not the case when i went there like ~5 years ago

Yes--and if you're going to Santa Rosa check out Moonlight?

Render

Postby warmjets » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:20 am

Singlecut has (had?) huge QC issues. Definitely not worth a gamble especially at those prices.

warmjets

Postby what the schmuck » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:22 pm

went to fremont brewing over the weekend and didnt realize until we left that they have some 'black heron lounge' thing with exclusive mixed culture saisons and blended fruit ales.

guess i've been out of the game a bit. I'll just be in my basement pounding buoy pils and watching the matrix if anyone needs me.

what the schmuck

Postby brent » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:59 pm

Render wrote:
brent wrote:i should definitely visit russian river if i have the chance right? i'm in sacramento for a few days next week and one of the days i'm driving out to point reyes super early in the AM and thinking about stopping there for lunch on the way back

there seems to be a ton of good options around sacramento these days which certainly was not the case when i went there like ~5 years ago

Yes--and if you're going to Santa Rosa check out Moonlight?

i’m gonna try. i wanted to go tomorrow but santa rosa is flooding :x

brent

Postby pink snake » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:02 pm

Captain Lawrence Brewing Co. and Carvel® Ice Cream have teamed up to bring you two great beers, inspired by Carvel’s iconic character — Cookie Puss. Our limited edition Cookie O’Puss Pastry Stout is your perfect pairing with a Cookie O’Puss cake for St. Patrick’s Day enjoyment, and here to help celebrate Carvel’s 85th Birthday is Cookie Puss Birthday Beer, a thick and creamy Milkshake IPA that tastes like a vanilla celebration.

pink snake

Postby videodrome » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:17 pm

We just got Cigar City Jai Alai in my rural Nor Cal town and it’s a real champ. Fits in great with my usual rotation of Lagunitas IPA and Deschutes Fresh Squeezed.
Last edited by videodrome on Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

videodrome

Postby warmjets » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:20 pm

videodrome wrote:We just got Cigar City Jai Alia in my rural Nor Cal town and it’s a real champ. Fits in great with my usual rotation of Lagunitas IPA and Deschutes Fresh Squeezed.

try guayabera, their pale ale. i think it's better than jai alai

warmjets

Postby acidity regulator » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:18 am

Some Jai Alai found it's way to Finland and it was like 10 months old. Also Pizza Port stuff, I had a Kook DIPA at a venue and it turned out to be a year old can..which means it was basically a session barley wine. Not bad as such I guess.

Also Melvin came here last year, just after the scandal. Still see their beers on the shelves everywhere - all of them canned in May 2018. They were 6 months old when they arrived.

We don't need yr old bullshit!!!
ImageImageImage

acidity regulator
Site Admin

Postby gazedo » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:45 am

just saw you can get pfriem pilsner in cans now! that rules.

gazedo

Postby gazedo » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:30 pm

any must try shelf beers in Seattle right now? headed to Whistler next week and want to stock up before crossing into BC.

gazedo

Postby what the schmuck » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:00 pm

gazedo wrote:any must try shelf beers in Seattle right now? headed to Whistler next week and want to stock up before crossing into BC.

i know you've had some garden path, but more is showing up on the shelves here. anything mirage or matchless as you know is great. I was at delarenti about a month ago and was even more surprised at how good the selection was.

what the schmuck

Postby Zurich » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:20 pm

def agree with guayabera being better than jai alai. i like invasion more too.

also extremely sick of +$20 4pks. pretty much not doing that unless i'm at the brewery.

i tried bell's hazy ipa "Official" over the weekend. It's a decent wheat IPA. While it is "hazy" in appearance, I think marketing it as "hazy" is a bad idea. Given the market climate, I expected something "northeastern style" and that's not really what this is at all. So it was disappointing. Just seems kind of out of touch or maybe intentionally misleading?

Zurich

Postby landspeedrecord » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:24 pm

that bell's official ipa is so wack
rather be an idiot than a sheeple

landspeedrecord

Postby warmjets » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:28 pm

I'll stick to $7.99 Two Hearted tallboy 4 packs tyvm!

warmjets

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....