Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby brent » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:26 pm

speaking of bell's i was shocked to find myself really enjoying that flamingo fruit fight beer a couple of weeks ago. i wish it was a summer release

brent

Postby gazedo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:50 pm

what the schmuck wrote:
gazedo wrote:any must try shelf beers in Seattle right now? headed to Whistler next week and want to stock up before crossing into BC.

i know you've had some garden path, but more is showing up on the shelves here. anything mirage or matchless as you know is great. I was at delarenti about a month ago and was even more surprised at how good the selection was.

yeah those newest mirage cans sound nice. hoping delarenti got some pfriem cans that didn't immediatly sell out. might make a structures stop on sunday on the way back to Seattle.

gazedo

Postby easy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:19 pm

warmjets wrote:I'll stick to $7.99 Two Hearted tallboy 4 packs tyvm!

if this was the price in my area I would never buy another hoppy beer

unfortunately two hearted four packs here are like $10.99 - $11.99 :x

easy
does it

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:23 pm

found a 4 pack of here ya go from three's this weekend. it was really exciting because its my fiancee's favorite can design ever and the beer nerds at threes said it was gone FOREVER.

If you have information that conclusively proves beyond a doubt that Nathan killed Jeffrey Epstein, please DM me.

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby Hugh » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:30 pm

Contristo wrote:the level of toxicity among grown men in beer trading or brewery-specific fan groups on Facebook is pretty amazing. i sometimes ask myself "what type of person lines up at 3am in the bitter cold for a noon release of beer?" and the conversations in these FB groups make it clear.

my favorite brewery is Equilibrium because they avoid bullshit gimmicks, and release like 2-3 beers every week, so i can just walk in whenever to get stuff and the people there are chill. Hudson Valley Brewing, despite some great beers, is an utter shitshow though. people putting out chairs at 9pm the night before for a noon release.

HVB makes some great fruited beers, but i recommend anyone visiting to avoid release days at all costs and just grab some crowlers on an off day.

EQ has been doing DC area can pop-ups lately. Getting to experience Straight Outta The Laboratory again was blessed.

Hugh

Postby what the schmuck » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:22 pm

gazedo wrote:
what the schmuck wrote:
gazedo wrote:any must try shelf beers in Seattle right now? headed to Whistler next week and want to stock up before crossing into BC.

i know you've had some garden path, but more is showing up on the shelves here. anything mirage or matchless as you know is great. I was at delarenti about a month ago and was even more surprised at how good the selection was.

yeah those newest mirage cans sound nice. hoping delarenti got some pfriem cans that didn't immediatly sell out. might make a structures stop on sunday on the way back to Seattle.

just picked up pfriem pils cans at met market (they had IPA too). i highly doubt delarenti sold out. Have fun in whistler! :awful:

what the schmuck

Postby Julius Sumner Miller » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:11 pm

Julius Sumner Miller wrote:We'll be in Southern California (LA and San Diego) next month and are planning on doing as much beer drinking as possible.

I don't pay attention to the beer scene anymore and I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts about any of these places? I basically compiled this list from the Beer Advocate forums.

Obviously we can't do all of these, so I was wondering if any are must dos, or must avoids.

Downtown LA
Mumford Brewing
Modern Times Dankness Dojo
Highland Park Brewing

Anaheim/Orange County
Bottle Logic
Bruery Terreux
Bruery
Noble Ale Works
Unsung
Green Cheek Beer Company
Chapman Crafted
Good Beer Company

Torrance
Monkish Brewing
Smog City
Yorkshire Square

Long Beach
Beachwood

San Pedro
Brouwerij West

Venice/Marina Del Rey
Firestone Walker

San Diego
Societe Brewing
Pure Project
AleSmith
Modern Times (if we don't go to LA location)

So we've gotten back from this. First off, thanks to everyone for their recs: we ended up hitting up a bunch of these places you recommended, all of which were good.

We did:

Mumford, Highland Park, and Modern Times in LA

Bruery Terreux in Anaheim

Good Beer Company in Santa Ana

Beachwood in Seal Beach

Pure Project, AleSmith, and Pizza Port in San Diego.

We also hit Toronado and Hamilton's in SD, and Beer Belly in LA.

All of them were good. The standouts were Modern Times, Bruery Terreux, and Pure Project. Really loved Hamilton's too. Great goddamn drunken trip.

Julius Sumner Miller

Postby gazedo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:32 pm

what the schmuck wrote:
gazedo wrote:
what the schmuck wrote:

just picked up pfriem pils cans at met market (they had IPA too). i highly doubt delarenti sold out. Have fun in whistler! :awful:

Have you been to perhelion brewing? Worth checking out? Really close to my buddies house.

gazedo

Postby what the schmuck » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:48 pm

gazedo wrote:
what the schmuck wrote:
gazedo wrote:
what the schmuck wrote:

Have you been to perhelion brewing? Worth checking out? Really close to my buddies house.

It's serviceable, but nothing to write home about. bar del corso (better food no good beers on tap though) or breezy town pizza (inside clockout lounge - good pizza and decent beers on tap) would be a better choice for food + drink. if you're looking for just beer roll down the hill to jellyfish brewing or partake in march mildness at machine house.

what the schmuck

Postby shankly » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:51 pm

warmjets wrote:I'll stick to $7.99 Two Hearted tallboy 4 packs tyvm!

Yeah this is me now. $8.49 at Safeway, canned 2/21. I don’t need any other IPAs.
shankly

Postby warmjets » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:01 pm

Yeah also have some of that 2/21 batch.

warmjets

Postby Zurich » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:21 pm

Beautiful Jugdish wrote:found a 4 pack of here ya go from three's this weekend. it was really exciting because its my fiancee's favorite can design ever and the beer nerds at threes said it was gone FOREVER.

that's a great beer too!

Zurich

Postby gazedo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:34 am

what the schmuck wrote:It's serviceable, but nothing to write home about. bar del corso (better food no good beers on tap though) or breezy town pizza (inside clockout lounge - good pizza and decent beers on tap) would be a better choice for food + drink. if you're looking for just beer roll down the hill to jellyfish brewing or partake in march mildness at machine house.

Ended up just going to slow boat then stocking up pfriem pils cans at PCC. Slow boat is just such a good bar.

gazedo

Postby southpaw » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:52 am

I was so psyched to find a grip of pFriem cans yesterday so I grabbed them without a slight hesitation even at like $13

Uh, the IPA sucks? Malty as fuck. What the hell. I love the pilsner but don't remember the IPA being this relatively bad. Oh well.

southpaw

Postby gazedo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:07 am

southpaw wrote:I was so psyched to find a grip of pFriem cans yesterday so I grabbed them without a slight hesitation even at like $13

Uh, the IPA sucks? Malty as fuck. What the hell. I love the pilsner but don't remember the IPA being this relatively bad. Oh well.

$10 a six pack at the bougy natural market i found them at. very stoked on that price. as with others in this thread, completely over the current market pricing of hoppy 4 packs.

also haven't had pfriem ipa in years. glad i didn't grab a pack. i remember their hoppy pales i have had being quite good though.

gazedo

Postby what the schmuck » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:22 am

gazedo wrote:
what the schmuck wrote:It's serviceable, but nothing to write home about. bar del corso (better food no good beers on tap though) or breezy town pizza (inside clockout lounge - good pizza and decent beers on tap) would be a better choice for food + drink. if you're looking for just beer roll down the hill to jellyfish brewing or partake in march mildness at machine house.

Ended up just going to slow boat then stocking up pfriem pils cans at PCC. Slow boat is just such a good bar.

all the right choices.

what the schmuck

Postby gazedo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:14 pm

what the schmuck wrote:All the right choices.

More choices I feel good about. Stocked up for whistler!

gazedo

Postby Render » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:48 pm

I have to go out to Bellevue WA next week--wonder if they'll still have any of that Brew 3000 hanging around

Render

Postby what the schmuck » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:31 pm

hell yeah, had a pfriem pils last night. great beer. dirt church looks pretty awesome, v cool you were able to get that and snag a b3k. seems like it sold out pretty quickly at the few places i follow. only places i could see it hanging around (if they got any) would be like total wine (there is one in bellevue, Render). A lot of the bottle shops sold out. Another place would be like PCC, whole foods or some QFC's get interesting stuff you wouldn't think.

what the schmuck

Postby gazedo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:28 pm

I got the Brew 3000 at BevMo ballard. They had maybe 10 bottles left at 1 pp.

Grabbed a four winds nectarous at bc liquors. :)

gazedo

Postby acidity regulator » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:27 pm

There's a gi brewpub in london and it's corny as hell but I'm here sipping bcbs solo bcs I cannot control myself
ImageImageImage

acidity regulator
Site Admin

Postby deadwolfbones » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:17 am

dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby videodrome » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:13 pm

warmjets wrote:
videodrome wrote:We just got Cigar City Jai Alia in my rural Nor Cal town and it’s a real champ. Fits in great with my usual rotation of Lagunitas IPA and Deschutes Fresh Squeezed.

try guayabera, their pale ale. i think it's better than jai alai

Picked up a six of Guayabera and it’s a total knockout. I agree, even better than Jai Alai.

videodrome

Postby tonybricker » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 am

I went to the Monkish Anniversary party yesterday. So many good beers but Hudson Valley’s Symmetrical Garden was the sleeper hit, it was awesome. It sounded like way too much - a sour DIPA with citra, malted oat,milk sugar, pineapple purée,caramel,coconut, coffee, and vanilla - but it was absolutely delicious and juicy and all the things in it were harmonious somehow, I would drink it forever.

The new Monkish stouts were surprisingly great as well, I would say that The Hiddenness was contending with the Cycle offerings (Moore rare Scoop, Rare Dos, and Monday) for best stout there

tonybricker

Postby guidance » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:54 am

any can’t miss breweries in seattle? already thinking holy mountain and cloudburst

guidance

Postby rancho madre » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:04 pm

Hey DWB, you ever go to Duel when you were still in SFe?

https://www.abqjournal.com/1291565/duel-brewery-is-closed-faces-wage-investigation.html
https://www.sfreporter.com/news/2019/03/12/lights-out-for-duel-brewing/

Second Street opened a taproom across Rufina and straight up put them outta business. I guess they were only barely ever hanging on, but still.
rancho madre

Postby deadwolfbones » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 pm

I did and they were bad. Also apparently bad people (per industry scuttlebutt). Not surprised or sad they died.
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby what the schmuck » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:27 am

guidance wrote:any can’t miss breweries in seattle? already thinking holy mountain and cloudburst

cloudburst is closed today and tomorrow. you could do holy mountain and urban family. Id recommend the Masonry in fremont...looks like they have a good taplist going right now and their bottle list has stuff no one else has in the city.

what the schmuck

Postby aspirinkid » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:02 am

We sold a very nice amount of glasses of Pliny The Younger last night Image

aspirinkid

Postby landspeedrecord » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:13 am

had a fresh pint of aecht schlenkerla fastenbier the other day. not too heavy or smoky, super quaffable. such a killer beer!

also was lucky enough to try some surly darkness aged in fernet barrels which was procured by other half for an event they threw at beer street. I've never even had darkness before, but the menthol, cinnamon, and herbs really shined through. wild stuff. I've never had anything quite like it
rather be an idiot than a sheeple

landspeedrecord

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....