Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby what the schmuck » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:35 pm

deadwolfbones wrote:
what the schmuck wrote:i just bought way too many fresh hop beers...but i couldnt hold myself back. last year this time i had just had a kid and was going insane and i had none, year before i had liver 'issues' so i was dry. guess i'm making up for lost time. looking most forward to trying the reubens double crush fresh hop.

Heard Reubens Crikey is real good too.

I liked the Fremont Centennial/Simcoe, though it was wildly bitter in a way I haven't experienced in a long time. Looking forward to the Citra/Amarillo.

You following this thread? https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/ ... 19.619760/

haha, that's what just piqued my interest again. i got a can of the citra/amarillo too. along with the trap door co-hop, crux pert near and matchless fresh fluff. went back to beer junction today and picked up a couple other trap doors and some baerlic beers they just got in too. i'm good for a bit i think.

what the schmuck

Postby deadwolfbones » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:11 am

Nice. Enjoy!
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby Viola Swamp » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:51 pm

was too busy to make it to full zwanze day/toast but batted cleanup at the local yesterday with cantillon gueuze, farmstead anna and some drie fonteinen and hoof hearted

cannot complain

Viola Swamp

Postby deadwolfbones » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:27 am

Had some Cantillon Kriek at the Mecca Grade Estate Malt harvest fest on Saturday. Ruled, of course. Also lots of rare Ale Apothecary, Alesong, De Garde, and Fremont stuff. Rusty Nail was a highlight.
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby Arturo » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:01 am

Track brewery in Manchester have got really good lately. The green can is an imperial version of their flagship pale ale Sonoma, brewed at Other Half.

Had a taster at the bar and seemed pretty excellent. Anyone had a can in the US?

Arturo

Postby what the schmuck » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:55 pm

This fresh hop stuff is getting out of hand. Picked up the Cloudburst/Bale Break Citra Slicker, Reuben's Fresh Hop Crikey, and Matchless/Skookum The Freshmaker.

what the schmuck

Postby warmjets » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:48 pm

powderfinger wrote:Have you DC dudes gone to Astro Lab in Silver Spring yet? They are slinging the good IPAs.

They are canning and distributing now. Having their No Mates Citra IPA right now and it's...fine. Really nothing special.

warmjets

Postby warmjets » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:58 pm

Probably QC issues

warmjets

Postby brent » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:54 pm

kinda bummed this thread has kinda died

brent

Postby jalapeño ranch » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:02 pm

Is anybody heading to Woodshop 13 next month? Last year was a blast, my buddy who makes fun of me for being a beer nerd had such a good time that we're heading down to San Diego for the weekend for it. I haven't been outside of LA in two years so I'm very much looking forward to it.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby deadwolfbones » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:00 pm

I'm in South Florida for the first time in like a decade and sampling some local hype breweries and it's mostly shit. Pretty disappointing!
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby warmjets » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:08 pm

That does not surprise me

warmjets

Postby warmjets » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:26 pm

I wonder if the atrocious taste of their tap water has any effect. I know breweries treat their water but still

warmjets

Postby shankly » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Suarez pilsners are the only thing in beer that even matters in 2019. Keep your damn lactose IPAs.
shankly

Postby shankly » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:14 pm

No qualify or palatine in cans today but I’ve got high hopes for their schwarzbier
shankly

Postby jon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:15 pm

deadwolfbones wrote:I'm in South Florida for the first time in like a decade and sampling some local hype breweries and it's mostly shit. Pretty disappointing!

Which ones did you try? I’ve only ever been to Funky Buddha down there.
jon

Postby deadwolfbones » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Only a few, to be fair. Due South, Khoffner, Wynwood, Copperpoint, MIA, Civil Society. Civil Society and Wynwood were the highlights, but mostly Civil Society.
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby deadwolfbones » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:48 pm

In other news, I’m grabbing a quick meal at the United Club at ORD and drinking a draft Miller Lite for the first time in ages. It’s… good?
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby brent » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:50 pm

deadwolfbones wrote:In other news, I’m grabbing a quick meal at the United Club at ORD and drinking a draft Miller Lite for the first time in ages. It’s… good?

a lot of my craftie buds love it. i still can’t dig it tho

lagunitas born yesterday is out again now and it is still pretty awesome

brent

Postby warmjets » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:54 pm

shankly wrote:No qualify or palatine in cans today but I’ve got high hopes for their schwarzbier

Are you at their taproom? If so, I am extremely jealous. Nothing like those pours.

warmjets

Postby warmjets » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:50 am

Lagunitas Born Yesterday landed here, 8 days old. I don't need to tell you that it fuckin rips.

warmjets

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:22 pm

got a buddy that put his kegerator up for sale, getting on the cheap. i need to get it cleaned tho and get rid of some shit in my garage so i have space but looking forward to living the pony keg lifestyle
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked

REAL BASED SLOB

Postby aspirinkid » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:24 pm

what are the good beers to drink in dallas? gonna be mostly around deep ellum i guess

aspirinkid

Postby aspirinkid » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:24 pm

also is there anywhere in dallas i can drink lambic?

aspirinkid

Postby deadwolfbones » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:05 am

aspirinkid wrote:also is there anywhere in dallas i can drink lambic?

Saw this place mentioned as often having lambic: https://www.yelp.com/biz/strangeways-dallas
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby shankly » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:22 am

warmjets wrote:
shankly wrote:No qualify or palatine in cans today but I’ve got high hopes for their schwarzbier

Are you at their taproom? If so, I am extremely jealous. Nothing like those pours.

i was at a wedding in the Hudson Valley the other weekend and had to visit Suarez while I was in the area; best brewery i've been to in a long time. Got pours of Qualify and Palatine & picked up cans of Crispy Little and Bones Shirt, plus a few of their bottles. No one is doing better lagers right now. I drank that 4pk of Bones Shirt so fast; it's a perfect fall beer. I need more dark lagers in my life.
shankly

Postby futurist » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:57 am

this Founder's shit is inSANE. fuck founder's.

https://www.metrotimes.com/table-and-ba ... e-is-black

The suit is moving through the trial process and is in in depositions. That’s where Founders revealed a startling and arguably ludicrous defense: The manager who fired Evans is claiming he didn’t know that Evans is Black.

A transcript of the exchange between Founders' Detroit general manager Dominic Ryan and Evans’ attorney, Jack Schulz, shows Schulz shifting from shocked to incredulous and perhaps a bit angry as Ryan claims he had no idea Evans is Black. Instead of just answering the question and moving on, Ryan digs in deeper and deeper, repeatedly asking for clarification when Schulz asks questions like “Are you aware Tracy is Black?”

At one point, Ryan even claims that he doesn’t know if former President Barack Obama, Kwame Kilpatrick, or Michael Jordan are African-American, because he has “never met them.”

futurist

Postby Viola Swamp » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:05 am

welp now i live a short walk from other half
should probably quit drinking

Viola Swamp

Postby powderfinger » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:06 am

never trust anything from Grand Rapids IMHO

powderfinger

Postby futurist » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:07 am

powderfinger wrote:never trust anything from Grand Rapids IMHO

good rule of thumb. unfortunately this all stems originally from the Detroit location but Founder's had since made an ass out of themselves all the way up the chain.

futurist

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....