Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby brent » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:04 pm

that ddh sour that crooked stave canned earlier this year is one of the best beers i’ve had this year

brent

Postby blogger status » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:58 pm

i had a burial aurf wax the other day and i didnt love it

had that fuck covid whatever too and it wasnt stellar either

drinking bodhi rn on third plus a cbc ipa and a truth

so

cant stop wont stop
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT

blogger status
gotta have some faith in the sound

Postby warmjets » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:07 pm

Viola Swamp wrote:
The brewers background is totally insane and I get why he’s hyped (Portsmouth/alchemist/cantillon/hill farmstead)

That's a bit deceiving, he was only at some of those places a very short while. I think he only started brewing a couple years before they opened. Their beer is good, but definitely overhyped. They're very good at social media marketing.

warmjets

Postby Viola Swamp » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:14 am

brent wrote:i like hoppy sours a lot. sure there’s tons of shit ones but that’s every beer style now because there’s so many shitty breweries

Hoppy sours (a la prairie/almanac/le terroir)are maybe my favorite style

“sour ipas” which are lacto kettle soured milkshake ipas are the ones that cannot hang

Viola Swamp

Postby brent » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:22 am

100% agreement there

brent

Postby warmjets » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:42 am

Looks like Other Half is finally opening shop here after many delays. It's about a mile from my place. This would have been trouble for me a couple years ago but not sure I care about it much now.

warmjets

Postby deadwolfbones » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:09 pm

Homebrew Italian pils:

dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby deadwolfbones » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:52 pm

Drinking my first-ever Hamm's. Honestly better than a lot of craft pilsners.
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby warmjets » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:19 pm

I would agree.

Great looking pils, man

warmjets

Postby deadwolfbones » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:52 pm

hey thx man
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby Fullscreen » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:20 pm

deadwolfbones wrote:Drinking my first-ever Hamm's. Honestly better than a lot of craft pilsners.

hell yeah
doomedhuh wrote:only love can break your heart

Fullscreen

Postby Fullscreen » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:24 pm

really though i get that pilsners are hard to do well but why are so many of them so bad.

Fullscreen

Postby deadwolfbones » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:42 am

I wouldn't say that so many are "so bad," they're just deeply mediocre, or they didn't have the patience to actually lager it, or they did an Americanized version of style X and it's not really what I want from a pilsner or a dunkel or whatever. Most of them are perfectly fine but nowhere near the level of their German or Czech counterparts.
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby deadwolfbones » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:43 am

I'm lucky to live in a state with at least three breweries that never miss, though.
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby Fullscreen » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:59 pm

deadwolfbones wrote:I wouldn't say that so many are "so bad," they're just deeply mediocre, or they didn't have the patience to actually lager it, or they did an Americanized version of style X and it's not really what I want from a pilsner or a dunkel or whatever. Most of them are perfectly fine but nowhere near the level of their German or Czech counterparts.

yeah by bad I guess I mean, reminiscent of an adjunct lager in an inoffensive way but nothing like a real pils. Just the basic nose and flavor profile stuff, a lot of them are so far off the mark.

Fullscreen

Postby warmjets » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:26 pm

Bought a case of Hamm's today. Not easy to find here. It's good as hell for what it is.

warmjets

Postby jalapeño ranch » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:40 pm

That's a lot of Hamm's.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:

jalapeño ranch

Postby orenji » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:59 pm

I drank a lot of Hamm's as a student.

This summer I've been all about Oxbow's Luppolo.
かかってこい!

orenji

Postby pez viking » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Happy to support this project. This is the 3 Sons version. Coffee and cacao nibs.

pez viking

Postby Dead_Wizard » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:11 pm

I bought a uhhhhhhh la cumbre hibiscus tequila barrel aged sour and some mango oberon. Time to enter....the flavor zone

Dead_Wizard

Postby warmjets » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:20 pm

do they still make the project dank series?

warmjets

Postby Dead_Wizard » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:21 pm

yah, recipe rotates but it is seasonal. full Nelson is out right now too and it is as good as ever. their export stout from the fall was soooo good, think it was a beechwood collabo. no adjuncts, just delicious molasses flavor. mango Oberon is delicious too, tastes like a smoothie.

Dead_Wizard

Postby Viola Swamp » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:04 pm

nice pez

i bought up great notion, other half and finback's BiBs and all were delicious, gn was the pastry-ist and also my favorite

goin' halfsies on this insane other half case for september, i'll be happy to try tons of different cans again instead of committing to 4-packs: https://store.otherhalfbrewing.com/prod ... y-24-pack/

Viola Swamp

Postby gazedo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:38 pm

warmjets wrote:do they still make the project dank series?

yeah, i have had it semi recently. it is quite good and honestly they do not do the hazy thing that well. they should embrace the bitter / west coast thing more

gazedo

Postby deadwolfbones » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:32 pm

They've had some good hazies, but now that Ex Novo is in town I agree they should go back to basics.
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

Postby gazedo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:08 pm

deadwolfbones wrote:They've had some good hazies, but now that Ex Novo is in town I agree they should go back to basics.

i didn't know ex novo had a spot now. that is cool. i like their beer. maybe one day i can go visit new mexico again without having to quarantine for 14 days first

gazedo

Postby jalapeño ranch » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:12 pm

There are too many beers.

I need another fridge.

jalapeño ranch

Postby gazedo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:20 pm

jalapeño ranch wrote:There are too many beers.

I need another fridge.

getting rid of my dedicated beer cellaring fridge was a great decision for me. i used to have way too many beers and now i have a half dozen saisons and lambics in the back of the fridge and then I just buy small amounts of things that i want to drink immediatly.

gazedo

Postby jalapeño ranch » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:02 pm

I've been grabbing 4-packs of a bunch of random stuff since a lot of breweries are a lot easier to get now (have mostly been getting HPB, Green Cheek, Fieldwork, Casa Agria, Cellarmaker, and North Park). I have been very generous with the amount of beers I bring to my buddy's whenever we hang out but... I may have an issue.

All the non-hazy North Park stuff I got recently was fantastic. I could drink nothing but Party Cup and I'd be content.

jalapeño ranch

Postby deadwolfbones » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:23 pm

gazedo wrote:
deadwolfbones wrote:They've had some good hazies, but now that Ex Novo is in town I agree they should go back to basics.

i didn't know ex novo had a spot now. that is cool. i like their beer. maybe one day i can go visit new mexico again without having to quarantine for 14 days first

Yeah, I guess the owner is from there so he returned to his hometown (Corrales) and set up a second location. The head brewer from Rowley Farmhouse (Wes Burbank) just got hired there. Rowley is getting the brewer from Oozlefinch in VA.

http://www.exnovobrew.com/corrales
dead was real dumb

deadwolfbones

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....