Travel Thread: What should I do in Atlanta?

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Cone » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:33 pm

I just bought a house in East Atlanta a couple months ago and love it. I lived in West Midtown before that and really enjoyed that area but it’s far too expensive to buy there even though renting wasn’t too crazy.

Definitely recommend looking at stuff on the East side depending on your budget. Grant Park, East Atlanta Village, Kirkwood, and Ormewood are all good areas that have a lot going on and there are good places going on the market every day around there.

Watch out for flipper houses with cheap/shoddy work because there are a TON of those for sale right but it’s pretty easy to spot those the second you walk inside.
Cone

Postby sex cauldron » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:54 pm

nice, thanks for the tips. I figured east atlanta was the way to go.
sex cauldron

Postby jbiz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:21 pm

Cone wrote:I rarely spend any time around Buckhead these days unless I need to go to the mall or other shopping that I can't do elsewhere. The traffic and general atmosphere of that area stresses me out too much.

That being said, highly recommend King + Duke for a nicer restaurant that's not too over the top price-wise and has a really great menu. Best deviled eggs I've ever had. Not sure about how kid-friendly it is though depending on the age of your kid.

There is a Legoland Discovery Center at Phipps Plaza around there, however.

thanks!
jbiz

Postby ocean pimp » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:04 pm

i need a part-time job

and a new place to live in march (but i'm poor and can't afford over like $650/month)
ocean pimp

Postby mystery meat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:39 pm

what part of town do you live in now ocean pimp
mystery meat

Postby ocean pimp » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:43 pm

i live in the pittsburgh neighborhood (south of mechanicsville). looking at places in west end, but anywhere within walking distance of a train station (and within my shitty budget) would be a dream. right now i'm just scouring craiglist for a room somewhere.

where are you, mystery meat?
ocean pimp

Postby mystery meat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:48 am

i'm in druid hills right now. not too familiar with the west end or the east-west Marta lines, but i'm confident you can find something for under $650 with the right roommate arrangement. do you know a lot of people here?
mystery meat

Postby ocean pimp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:59 am

not really :oops: i thought i had a good network of friends but it's sort of dissolved/i realized they werent my friends. dating here has sucked too. i was hanging out with and talking to this dude every day and then it just sort of fizzled out and now he won't even respond to messages/DMs. seems like all the gay guys here are quick to ghost you in favor of the next best thing (i'm guilty of this too so :shrug:)

it's been a rough beginning since i moved here last august. i hope things start working out soon.
ocean pimp

Postby quadrivium » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 pm

is this considered the official atlanta thread?
quadrivium

Postby mystery meat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:51 pm

hell yeah man
mystery meat

Postby quadrivium » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:45 pm

nice!

currently living in athens, but always interested in atlanta gossip
quadrivium

Postby mystery meat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:53 pm

i love athens so much. i knew someone there who was like, a hybrid online/irl friend. like we knew each other equally from irl college friends and also loony online film messageboard peeps. see a movie at cine then drift around the bars.

i'm soooo bad at keeping up with local atlanta news/goss. somethin something the gulch? is somethin going on with the beltline? what's the deal with, uh, marta? idk!
mystery meat

Postby quadrivium » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:56 pm

i mainly go to cine or run the greenway w the pups, otherwise i avoid the downtown area. took awhile for me to start liking it here.
quadrivium

Postby Cone » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:13 pm

I think out of those three the beltline will be the first to actually make any progress. The plans for the gulch pretty over the top lol.
Cone

Postby Cone » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:30 pm

I’ve been working downtown for the past couple months and the Super Bowl setup is starting to gear up. There’s like a new massive Bud Light ad put up every day.
Cone

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....