Big Brother: All-Stars Drag Race Pandemic Help (Aug 5!)

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Ampersand » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:23 pm

It's hard to root for anyone in the opening weeks.

I love Kaysar, but he's so bad at this game. I don't even think it's entirely his fault... the fact of all of the people in the middle refusing to believe in the big alliance pains my soul. And then someone like Ian who knows there's a big alliance but thinks he can worm his way into the cracks and/or comp beast his way to the end.... oh (big) brother.

As long as I get to see Cody and Nicole go down flaming, I'll be happy. Tyler is the most likely path for that, so go Tyler!

Ampersand

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:55 pm

virtuous wrote:
beefbroth inthe shitpipes wrote:Team Nicole A

lol what??
well I didn’t see a self implosion coming

beefbroth inthe shitpipes

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Mellow, Tyler when he wears his hair down gives me weird al vibes.

beefbroth inthe shitpipes

Postby unscrambled » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:27 am

unscrambled

Postby unome » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:55 am

Memphis is awful at the game. Even if his cold ass made it to the end, no one would vote for him because he's such a dick.

unome

Postby apostrophe » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:20 am

well they did it. will be interesting to see who the next target is.

also they don't always show the hoh winner??

apostrophe

Postby apostrophe » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:37 am

Julie's I LOVE YOU

apostrophe

Postby virtuous » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:07 am

Fuck this.
virtuous

Postby galactagogue » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:27 am

unscrambled wrote:Image

:( :( :( :(
Toggle Spoiler

yea their bond is nice to watch
Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby unome » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:15 am

Yeah, it was pretty adorable to watch. That exit outfit was SLAMMIN too, love it

unome

Postby sliiimer » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:11 pm

Janelle looked amazing.

I know it's lame to abandon a season after your favo leaves, but I can't help but feel completely disappointed by so many of the circumstances that led to an early Janelle eviction. Years of bland casting led to a weak pool of All Star candidates, especially in terms of minority representation, COVID takes a few of them out, and some pre-game hijinx tilt the balance even further. I don't want rigged challenges, but BB has been so willing to ahem GUIDE the game in seasons past, this current insistence on a fair and balanced course feels a little sudden. BBUS has been on air for 20 years, but has evolved so little. I understand it's on an American network, so it's limited it what it can portray, but there's been no true effort to develop the franchise or better itself year after year in the way its international counterparts have done. I think it's insane that Julie can still be so halting and clueless in live interviews--producers should just put together a Best of X-Housemate video package to replace those eviction interviews because as they stand now, they're completely pointless. I wish Kaysar, Ian, Da'Vonne and Bayleigh the best of luck in Big Brother US 22: All-Stars 2.

I'm such a downer :( If you love this season, I am legit happy for you. <3

sliiimer

Postby apostrophe » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:37 pm

for me, i think it's some combination of COVID and having something to watch 3 times a week/check on twitter whenever i have free time. also i don't really know the people or the game that much so i'm down with it.

one of the few times watching live, this puppet master POV comp looks really hard.

apostrophe

Postby mellowgold » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:56 pm

god mother fucking damnit jesus christ
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.

mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby Ampersand » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:03 pm

just brutal, but also what we deserve for hoping for otherwise

Ampersand

Postby galactagogue » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:57 pm

why do people care if someone is a bb superfan idgi?? it doesn’t seem to translate into much
Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby dubs » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:07 pm

I was really uncomfortable during all of that guess I could never play bb!

dubs

Postby unscrambled » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:36 pm

kaysar being pre-jury technically 4 times is kinda funny but mainly sad

unscrambled

Postby Organic Croutons » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:00 am

I bailed on this season too. I didn’t like any of them at all(nor did I really dislike any of them) and it just kind of felt like celebrity big brother or something to me which I also skip. See you guys next season! I am vicariously following through some write ups though. Post what’s happening 8-)

Organic Croutons

Postby apostrophe » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:37 am

Julie's "and that's exactly why the public voted you back in....... last time" lol

apostrophe

Postby apostrophe » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:43 am

haven't-watched-BB-before-this-season question post:
i feel like most people watching this season wanted their old-school favorites to win based on what they did in past seasons, which is definitely reasonable for an all stars season. but what i don't understand is why i see a lot of people on twitter who are just relentlessly hating on the new people. specifically nicole but cody and maybe dani too. from strictly watching this season, that group don't seem to have done anything that bad other then being in an alliance. they formed an alliance with people they knew and targeted the people they didn't know as well. so it must be from what they did in their seasons? or just because they were on the opposite side of janelle/kaysar? why does everyone hate nicole (who i like)?
Last edited by apostrophe on Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

apostrophe

Postby galactagogue » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:48 am

BB inspires the bully in people online, no matter if they identify as anti-bullying. this show is a little :$ for that reason, imo. a lot of the paranoia or 'what you're willing to do to win' moments translate into real slimey behavior. i say this as someone who doesn't usually watch BB but selective watched like a handful of seasons over the years. the freaky part is when people are out of the house and see how wrong they were for bullying someone they're just like 'oh oops!'

it's a weird game!! and i don't think most people are as 'good' at it as they imagine they are lol. even paul in BB19 couldn't win, even though he masterminded the ~entire~ season without once being on the block and multiple people saying they trusted his plan.

galactagogue

Postby apostrophe » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:59 am

also i guess there was a wall yeller who yelled stuff at the cast that they didn't show (which apparently led to ian and kevin's talk which they did show), but they did what evel dick (whom i'm being told is dani's dad) told them to yell.

but people associate dani with them (including kaysar in his speech) so how does it help his daughter exactly?

apostrophe

Postby virtuous » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:04 am

Its a really complex thing but I think that a lot of it comes down to the changes in casting and production from back in the day to now.

They used to cast more like survivor. people that actually wanted to be there to play the game, had a strategy, made moves, and understood how the game works. players schemed all the time and were constantly changing alliances, backstabbing each other, and making actual seismic shifts in the game. it was EXCITING.

once grodner took over the show it became far more passive. they started casting "hot" instagram people that had never seen the show and just played badly. the meta game became more about a group of dummies following the "smartest" person in the house (derrick, paul, tyler) and working to get out the "other side" with no realization about where they stand in the alliance. the game has just become so flat and BORING.

there is a reason the content of the show went from 80% interaction/DRs to 80% just watching them actually do the POV/HOH/Have not comps. its because nothing interesting actually happens inside the house anymore and they need to fill time with ten minutes of cody trying to get some ball down a chute or whatever.
virtuous

Postby apostrophe » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:28 am

thanks virtuous, that makes sense. it does seem like the majority is doing what is "safe" - which to me makes sense for gameplay if you're in that group and you have power, but yeah makes for less drama/excitement. didn't realize there was a shift. i'm enjoying the season i think due to the ignorance and because i wanted an escape from real life and covid times that i could dive into.

i guess there was also a banner flying in the sky about nicole being a liar too.

i dunno, maybe it's just because i like nicole but i feel like it's not "fair" to try and influence the game. it does seem to have led to some changes in peoples' games though, which i guess makes things more exciting or whatever.

apostrophe

Postby virtuous » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:36 am

People yelling over the wall is a time honored tradition and very much “part of the game”.

Planes/banners are pretty common too.
virtuous

Postby mellowgold » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:42 am

ya BB has changed a lot over the last 5+ years and it has been for the worse. it isnt the show i grew up with/feel in love with. it continues to be a racist show and really hasnt show any signs of improving. with the comps, too, this new version of the game undoubtedly continues to reward athletic white guys.

The rollback on showing actual strategy and replacing that with stupid bits is so annoying. like i cannot sit thru another segment where someone gets an idiom incorrect again.

but me and my infected worm brain will watch this entire season.
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.

mellowgold

Postby mellowgold » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:43 am

i love how fans hated the wall yellers in years past but now we stan bc this season is a mess.

mellowgold

Postby mellowgold » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:50 am

i hope day finds pandora's box in the BB basement

mellowgold

Postby virtuous » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:49 pm

mellowgold wrote:it continues to be a racist show.

You’ll never guess who (convicted felon*) Christmas put up this week..

*I only mention this because there is no chance a poc felon gets into this house
virtuous

Postby dubs » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm

God, fuck Christmas so much. She was pretty forgettable on one leg a couple seasons ago but now that she’s playing I hate her. Also, Tyler wasn’t trying to use you as his “escape” goat you fucking rube.

dubs

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....