Big Brother: All-Stars Drag Race Pandemic Help (Aug 5!)

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby galactagogue » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:23 pm

i really don't get hating christmas that much. she's not special but she's not really annoying in a standout way??
Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby galactagogue » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:06 pm

lol ok i said that bfore seeing THE EP
Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby galactagogue » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:06 pm

im kind of intrigued about how irl race dynamics are being forefronted

galactagogue

Postby virtuous » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:56 pm

I’m not watching in worthless protest, but follow* on twitter but I can’t imagine that they’ve AT ALL come anywhere near addressing the racism over the last 5+ years much less what’s happened over the last two weeks.

*like an absolute hound
virtuous

Postby Organic Croutons » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:51 am

What’s been happening

Organic Croutons

Postby galactagogue » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:55 am

this is just the tip of the iceberg but Christmas put day and bailey on the block. When day asked why she included her when the blow up that happened had nothing to do with her (only bailey), Christmas was just like 'who else was I gonna put up?!'.Toggle SpoilerMaybe other folks think there are better general examples, but that was the O__O "othering" moment for me, where I was like damn, it doesn't matter how cool you are with someone...

cus it's also not like Christmas talked to her about being a pawn before hand or anything?Toggle SpoilerI didn't actually mind Christmas before but the defensiveness and passive aggressiveness she had these recent eps, when she was hardly under attack... just asked to be accountable for her choices, was shitty as hell.

galactagogue

Postby virtuous » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:21 am

Yeah that’s part of it but there was also a lot of Christmas saying that bay/day were going to shoot her or stab her. All this despite Christmas being an actual convicted felon with an assault charge. People have made comments about days hair and called it a weave. People have made fun of Ian for being autistic. The people that have left the house have been 3 white women, a Muslim man, then a black woman. Enzo is trying to get Dani to put up day and Kevin or day and David this week...

It’s just a really gross ass season outside of Janelle and kaysar.
virtuous

Postby That Demon Life » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:19 pm

I mean the face of the show is a woman who started using her husband's name in protest AFTER he was accused of sexual misconduct. Nothing surprises me.

That Demon Life

Postby galactagogue » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:24 pm

virtuous wrote:Yeah that’s part of it but there was also a lot of Christmas saying that bay/day were going to shoot her or stab her. All this despite Christmas being an actual convicted felon with an assault charge. People have made comments about days hair and called it a weave. People have made fun of Ian for being autistic. The people that have left the house have been 3 white women, a Muslim man, then a black woman. Enzo is trying to get Dani to put up day and Kevin or day and David this week...

It’s just a really gross ass season outside of Janelle and kaysar.

this is sort of lumping a LOT of stuff together imo but yes in general i think big brother is a petri dish for a ton of really bad & normalized prejudice. Guys routinely underestimate the worth of teaming up with girls and people's paranoia about anyone different than themselves is super elevated...translating into a weird puritanical game strategy where otherness is an automatic threat to your game.

galactagogue

Postby galactagogue » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:25 pm

I've been rewatching the last like 5 seasons and idk that this one rings as distinctly 'grosser' than previous, for me. but it is wild seeing these paranoid dynamics playing on like categorical/identity lines.

galactagogue

Postby galactagogue » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:29 pm

sidenote:

I think my favorite HOH competition is the second one from BB17 where they are getting abducted by aliens lol.

galactagogue

Postby virtuous » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Last season was definitely grosser, but this is supposed be FUCKING ALL STARS and I just hate it so so much.
virtuous

Postby galactagogue » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:12 pm

idk i guess all stars doesn’t signal anything significant to me because of how prominent paranoia bleeds into any strategy

galactagogue

Postby dubs » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:33 pm

I feel like there’s definitely a lot more chatter around...let’s say “perceived optics” this season, at least from Ive seen on the live feeds. Like just “ok can we take this shot right now and how will it look?” Sort of thing. They did it with David the first two weeks and they did it the week that Ian told them he was autistic and they were thinking of putting him up before that. It’s still the same shit they’re just basically openly trying to tip toe around it in real time.

dubs

Postby mellowgold » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:14 am

the pov challenge from last night's ep might have been my favorite BB challenge ever lmao....that tiny POV
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.

mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby galactagogue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 am

dubs wrote:I feel like there’s definitely a lot more chatter around...let’s say “perceived optics” this season, at least from Ive seen on the live feeds. Like just “ok can we take this shot right now and how will it look?” Sort of thing. They did it with David the first two weeks and they did it the week that Ian told them he was autistic and they were thinking of putting him up before that. It’s still the same shit they’re just basically openly trying to tip toe around it in real time.

yeah it's kinda reminding me of how no one wanted to take out Audrey in BB17 even though she was the WORST player in history in large part because they didn't want to be the first one to put up a trans person. But i mean... that's how this stuff plays out outside of BB too so idk if it's any more superficial than normal life. Unless you want people to protest in the house or something? In that sense, Tyler's move seemed genuine to me.

galactagogue

Postby galactagogue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:20 am

I lost my CBS trial access tho so no more BB for me now :(

galactagogue

Postby mellowgold » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:38 am

galactagogue wrote:I lost my CBS trial access tho so no more BB for me now :(

if ur in the US u can watch episodes for free the next day on the cbs website!
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.

mellowgold

Postby That Demon Life » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:04 am

I just torrent them even though I had the CBS all access free trial because the app was so buggy on my LG tv

That Demon Life

Postby That Demon Life » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Is it just confirmation bias to say that I thought Tyler was being genuine and really like him?

That Demon Life

Postby virtuous » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:58 pm

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUU JULIE
virtuous

Postby galactagogue » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:00 pm

mellowgold wrote:
galactagogue wrote:I lost my CBS trial access tho so no more BB for me now :(

if ur in the US u can watch episodes for free the next day on the cbs website!

omg i totally forgot this. what a gift!

galactagogue

Postby galactagogue » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:43 pm

fwiw i hate dani 1000x more than i do christmas

galactagogue

Postby unscrambled » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:00 am

virtuous wrote:FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUU JULIE

?

unscrambled

Postby Hugh » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:58 am

Julie, please stop trying to give me sage-like advice at the end of each episode. You just sound bitter because your shitty husband was cancelled.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:02 am

It won't do her any favors in the house, but I really respect Da'Vonne for forcing Dani to nominate a powerful player by using the veto. It was an interesting eviction for once! Dani put herself in that corner by nominating Tyler, a player beloved by her entire alliance.

Hugh

Postby virtuous » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:04 am

unscrambled wrote:
virtuous wrote:FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUU JULIE

?

She signed off with something like “judge not lest he be judged”

Fuck you lady, your husband is a sexual predator. Also you fucking suck at the job he gave you.
virtuous

Postby That Demon Life » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:28 am

As soon as she started using Moonves in her name, she was cancelled for me. Fuck her.

That Demon Life

Postby galactagogue » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:35 am

Hugh wrote:It won't do her any favors in the house, but I really respect Da'Vonne for forcing Dani to nominate a powerful player by using the veto. It was an interesting eviction for once! Dani put herself in that corner by nominating Tyler, a player beloved by her entire alliance.

also what does Dani bring to the table? She only won HOH cus Cody and Nicole felt safe and gave up.

Something about the way she lies to people, like tone or the excessive ass-kissing, remind me so much of people IRL that I just feel like she's just not a great person. She has no loyalties ! I think she would cross Nicole in a heartbeat.

galactagogue

Postby mellowgold » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:35 am

dont... judge....unless you, too,.....want to be....judged..........too

mellowgold

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....